ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four

Back door deals meaning outside of nil? Why? There’s no need for it. Anyone outside the program can offer any player whatever they want now. There is no back door.
No, I think it's still "pay to play" back door deals

You'd have to be brain dead to think that Purdue didnt' try to get players from the region.
As though Drake wasn't proof of that?
Are you?
Dude, I never said that Purdue never recruited players from Da Region. Since Drake “The Snake” was the only one from that talented group that went to Purdue, I guess I’m trying to say that Purdue obviously did not recruit well. The Purdue coaches were not good recruiters during that time. That is quite a list of talented dudes that I listed. Purdue gets just half of those they would have been good. Even in the 80s, Gene Keady missed out on a lot of good players from the Da Region. Keady did a little better recruiting Da Region in the 90s.

The Purdue coaches were not good recruiters during that time.
Disagree here. Purdue recruited a bunch of studs in the 70s. Jordan, Kendrick, Macy, sichting, Parkinson, edmonson, Hallman, etc.

I remember reading that Jerome Harmon had academic/SAT issues that kept him from going to a B1G school.

Reactions: Schnelk
Back door deals meaning outside of nil? Why? There’s no need for it. Anyone outside the program can offer any player whatever they want now. There is no back door.
I totally disagree. I think the NCAA made you feel you were playing on flat platform and it will never work that way. Why aren't Duke's, Kentucky's, UNC..etc NIL deals larger? They recruit top 10 players and look at their deals. Something doesn't equate to their recruiting.

Disagree here. Purdue recruited a bunch of studs in the 70s. Jordan, Kendrick, Macy, sichting, Parkinson, edmonson, Hallman, etc.

I remember reading that Jerome Harmon had academic/SAT issues that kept him from going to a B1G school.
That was the late 70s and did not get to Final 4 until 1980. Went to the BIT the year before, or was it 1981 when they lost to IU. The point was, had Purdue recruited better and got at least some of those Region studs in my list, they would have been to multiple Final 4s. You may not be from Da Region and may not familiar with my list. Those guys in my list were some serious dogs. Are you kidding me? Some say Jim Bradley alone was better than Glenn Robinson.

As far as Jerome Harmon. Yeah Keady wanted him badly. I saw Harmon sitting behind the team bench as a recruit during many games. Keady definitely offered but he went Louisville instead. Man he could leap.

This has to be a troll attempt with that question but I’ll bite anyway because the answer is so obvious. So long as Painter is consistently making the NCAAT and is competitive in the Big Ten Purdue will keep him as long as he wants to stay. That is simply a fact.
Agree. Make the tournament more times than not and you have a lifetime contract at Purdue. Pretty sweet gig for a college coach.

I totally disagree. I think the NCAA made you feel you were playing on flat platform and it will never work that way. Why aren't Duke's, Kentucky's, UNC..etc NIL deals larger? They recruit top 10 players and look at their deals. Something doesn't equate to their recruiting.
I think it's because those programs get huge national exposure, get players to the NBA and also can sell success in March.

If anything, maybe NIL is leveling the recruiting playing field for other schools to land top players that they normally didn't (of course, this has a lot more to do with the HC than the school).

Like Kentucky ?
As I've said before, when Purdue has the tourney success of a program like UK, Duke, UNC, KU, etc, then we can bring up the "Well, they got upset by a low seed!!" argument.
I'd give any one of those programs much better odds of making a FF sooner than Purdue with Painter.

As I've said before, when Purdue has the tourney success of a program like UK, Duke, UNC, KU, etc, then we can bring up the "Well, they got upset by a low seed!!" argument.
I'd give any one of those programs much better odds of making a FF sooner than Purdue with Painter.
We don’t run our program like Kentucky’s, so not going to happen.

We don’t run our program like Kentucky’s, so not going to happen.

Clarify?
Are you saying UK cheats? And if so, it cheating the only way to have consistent success in the tourney?

What other schools cheat that are also consistently FF threats?

Does Purdue cheat? How do you know?

Clarify?
Are you saying UK cheats? And if so, it cheating the only way to have consistent success in the tourney?

What other schools cheat that are also consistently FF threats?

Does Purdue cheat? How do you know?
UKs entire blue blood status and “tradition” was built on cheating.

Reactions: Schnelk
I don't need to because A. I know what did happen and B. That's not what my post said.
But you are back to playing dumb.
I’ll break it down for you: Kentucky lost to St Peters just like we did - So that road to the elite 8 wasn’t “easy” apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT