ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four

collegehoopsfan123

True Freshman
Oct 15, 2021
Do you believe Coach Painter can still get us there?

I want to be optimistic, but I say no. Hope I am wrong.

If he can't, how long does Purdue wait to pursue a

new coach? He has 18 years in the books, and Coach

Keady went to his 2nd Elite 8 in his 20th year at Purdue.

I personally think Coach Painter has been given a fair

chance. This question has to be addressed at some point.

Thoughts?

• Sad
Reactions: Boiler Buck
I've made my opinion on this topic pretty well known. I think Painter has been given ample time.
His lack or wllingness to fully engage in the new NIL era will put the program at a disadvantage.
I think Purdue needs a complete cultural overhaul of the bball program.

I've made my opinion on this topic pretty well known. I think Painter has been given ample time.
His lack or wllingness to fully engage in the new NIL era will put the program at a disadvantage.
I think Purdue needs a complete cultural overhaul of the bball program

A coach is to have and take no part in NIL or discussion of and Matt has stated he does not talk to recruits about NIL.

Thoughts?
Yes he will get us there, was within a FT of getting us there in 19. If we continue to perform as we have I would give Matt another 20 years.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yes he will get us there, was within a FT of getting us there in 19. If we continue to perform as we have I would give Matt another 20 years.
Hope you are right. That 2019 team was not

low-post center dominant. And Matt Haarms

was fairly athletic. 2010 also had an athletic

center JaJaun Johnson that would have made

Final Four with Hummel. History under Painter

says a Final Four is more likely with such centers.

Reactions: bonefish1
Well in my opinion we have a solid group of current players and some very elite recruits coming in, in the next few years if all goes well. So, if I was the AD, I would stay the course for the next 5 years and see how it all turns out. If major success does not come in the next 5 years, then perhaps a different direction is what is best.

Thoughts?
Please God, make it stop.

• Love
Reactions: northside100
I think Purdue needs a complete cultural overhaul of the bball program.
Until I hear that we have NIL money that we’re not spending, I’m not blaming the coaches.

Walters was just talking about this on 1070 this week. He’s been asking the boosters to quit writing checks to the school for facilities and instead to “give to the Alliance so we can go get some players”.

Until I hear that we have NIL money that we’re not spending, I’m not blaming the coaches.

Walters was just talking about this on 1070 this week. He’s been asking the boosters to quit writing checks to the school for facilities and instead to “give to the Alliance so we can go get some players”.
Crazy that Fletch a freshman makes 7k a month, but we don't have NIL money??

A coach is to have and take no part in NIL or discussion of and Matt has stated he does not talk to recruits about NIL.
Again, to the detriment of the program.

It’s also complete BS if you believe HCs aren’t talking to the NIL donors about who needs what. You think they’re acting independently of one another? Come on…..

It’s also complete BS if you believe HCs aren’t talking to the NIL donors about who needs what. You think they’re acting independently of one another? Come on…..
Yes, 100%! If you don't think so, you aren't paying attention. Schools can oversee the NIL deals and object to them and if you don't feel the coach has interactions with these deals you're being flat out naive.

It's the coaches that get involve are the ones benefiting. Paint might not want to get dirty, but he also knows his surroundings. He better get more acclimated with them or we will continue the same NCAA trend as of late.

Last edited:
Yes, 100%! If you don't think so, you aren't paying attention. Schools can oversee the NIL deals and object to them and if you don't feel the coach has interactions with these deals you're being flat out naive.

It's the coaches that get involve are the ones benefiting. Paint might not want to get dirty, but he also knows his surroundings. He better get more acclimated with them or we will continue the same NCAA trend as of late.
Yeah Walters is pretty open about needing more NIL money to “go get some players”.

Oh I know Head Coaches are involved, but don't believe Matt is and I am very good with that.

Oh I know Head Coaches are involved, but don't believe Matt is and I am very good with that.
Why would you not believe Matt is? That’s naive. If he’s not, then he’s hurting the program.

Do you think Walters is? It sure sounds like he is.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT