ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Way Too Early 2021 NCAA Brackets

1969, you’ve been pretty negative about certain players, Nojel being one. Once you open a wound, you have to give it time to heal. You haven’t. You just keep picking away at with little jabs. It seems every time there is an opportunity, you just can’t resist.

How about you go the rest of the summer without mentioning either of the players giving you heartburn? We’d all enjoy the board more, and you wouldn’t put people on the defensive. I am not saying your opinion is not welcome. I am just saying that you need to lay off certain subjects.

I've been critical of his play and his draft decisions, yes. I've not been negative about him as a person. And if some members of this board aren't OK with criticism of play and basketball decision making, then whatever. This board doesn't just exist to blow sunshine up each other's @sses....

I've been critical of his play and his draft decisions, yes. I've not been negative about him as a person. And if some members of this board aren't OK with criticism of play and basketball decision making, then whatever. This board doesn't just exist to blow sunshine up each other's @sses....
You first... on blowing the sunshine stuff!

Hey, just kidding. :)

You asked the question about why some people were sensitive or found your message offensive. I just tried to put it into perspective. I do get it. You have been critical of the actions, but not the person. That is an important distinction. However at this point, I doubt that makes a difference to the reader of your posts.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Well I guess it’s a waiting game at this point
I guess it is. But it's been a waiting game for three years. Check my posts. I've always been supportive. I'm not critical of Nojel. But I have seen the excuses for three years. There's always something. He was a 4-star player ... I'm ready to see him be a great player.

Season over with season over with. Criticize his life decision is not what should concern you he chooses to walk away from college it’s his choice. You lived your life he will live his no matter if you feel if it’s a bad decision. You criticize his play ok we all got it when is enough enough. I don’t no you sir we will never meet I’m not mad at ur criticism of him I just don’t understand why much you constantly give your opinion of my son when something is being said about him. If you are a parent you watching your kid play baseball and all u hear is parents or fans criticizing ur child every time he plays just bcuz they don’t like his play tell me how would you feel. Sir my son and I knows what happened this season he wasn’t happy at all with how he played but season over with now why the constant rant over it is my point. My son decision to enter the draft was his decision I stood by it he chooses to stay in the draft I’ll talk to him but no matter what it’s his decision. You have raved about the incoming class and by all accounts they all gonna be good but none has the experience yet that nojel brings to the team and that too matters whether u believe it or not. Sir I’m not here to argue your opinions are valid I watched what u have watched for 3 years I no he can do more than what he has shown up to this point unfortunately he hasn’t done enough especially offensively doesn’t mean he’s a bad player but a player that just gotta find that passion again playing basketball when he do watch out.

I guess it is. But it's been a waiting game for three years. Check my posts. I've always been supportive. I'm not critical of Nojel. But I have seen the excuses for three years. There's always something. He was a 4-star player ... I'm ready to see him be a great player.
Excuses there are none time off now maybe he’ll find his greatness

Season over with season over with. Criticize his life decision is not what should concern you he chooses to walk away from college it’s his choice. You lived your life he will live his no matter if you feel if it’s a bad decision. You criticize his play ok we all got it when is enough enough. I don’t no you sir we will never meet I’m not mad at ur criticism of him I just don’t understand why much you constantly give your opinion of my son when something is being said about him. If you are a parent you watching your kid play baseball and all u hear is parents or fans criticizing ur child every time he plays just bcuz they don’t like his play tell me how would you feel. Sir my son and I knows what happened this season he wasn’t happy at all with how he played but season over with now why the constant rant over it is my point. My son decision to enter the draft was his decision I stood by it he chooses to stay in the draft I’ll talk to him but no matter what it’s his decision. You have raved about the incoming class and by all accounts they all gonna be good but none has the experience yet that nojel brings to the team and that too matters whether u believe it or not. Sir I’m not here to argue your opinions are valid I watched what u have watched for 3 years I no he can do more than what he has shown up to this point unfortunately he hasn’t done enough especially offensively doesn’t mean he’s a bad player but a player that just gotta find that passion again playing basketball when he do watch out.

Your son can do whatever he wants. It's his life and his decisions. I don't think declaring for the draft was a great decision, but that's just my opinion. You're welcome to ignore it, which is probably your best path forward...

Your son can do whatever he wants. It's his life and his decisions. I don't think declaring for the draft was a great decision, but that's just my opinion. You're welcome to ignore it, which is probably your best path forward...

I still don't get this incessant criticism.

there's nothing "great" or "bad" about the decision to go through that process.

It has zero effect on anything, other than to provide him information. It's not an irrevocable situation. In other words, it's not like he can't come back to Purdue. There's nothing lost, given up, or forfeited.

It's like going on vacation: you can enjoy the experience without having to stay; you can decide to come back home.

Being critical of it comes off as nothing but petty... and maybe a bit petulant.

I still don't get this incessant criticism.

there's nothing "great" or "bad" about the decision to go through that process.

It has zero effect on anything, other than to provide him information. It's not an irrevocable situation. In other words, it's not like he can't come back to Purdue. There's nothing lost, given up, or forfeited.

It's like going on vacation: you can enjoy the experience without having to stay; you can decide to come back home.

Being critical of it comes off as nothing but petty... and maybe a bit petulant.
Yeah... there’s literally ZERO downside for Nojel to put his name in at this point.

And you’re welcome to shut the hell up. You don’t think it’s a good decision, we know that because you keep saying it, but no one cares what you think on Nojel’s decision to ask the people he hopes to work for in the future about things he needs to improve on in their eyes. You’re welcome to keep your mouth shut because it isn’t your life or your kid or someone who even knows you exist. Shutting up is probably your best path forward...

And you’re welcome to shut the hell up. You don’t think it’s a good decision, we know that because you keep saying it, but no one cares what you think on Nojel’s decision to ask the people he hopes to work for in the future about things he needs to improve on in their eyes. You’re welcome to keep your mouth shut because it isn’t your life or your kid or someone who even knows you exist. Shutting up is probably your best path forward...

You're welcome to put me on ignore and I'll do the same. This is a forum for discussing your opinions. Don't need your permission to that.

Good God 69, leave it alone! Can’t you shut the f—k up about Nojel? Just stop being an asshole on here. Softer words don’t seem to make an impact. How about some harsh ones? Maybe you should stop commenting on someone else’s decisions and make better ones yourself?

Think about the impression you are making on one of our players and his mom with this incessant and non-stop criticism. Stop posting about Nojel.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
Good God 69, leave it alone! Can’t you shut the f—k up about Nojel? Just stop being an asshole on here. Softer words don’t seem to make an impact. How about some harsh ones? Maybe you should stop commenting on someone else’s decisions and make better ones yourself?

Think about the impression you are making on one of our players and his mom with this incessant and non-stop criticism. Stop posting about Nojel.
This is a forum for opinions and discussion. If you don't like his opinions put him on ignore. However, YOU don't have the right to tell him what he can and can't post. He's not going after Nojel as a person, and opinions about Purdue players' play is fair game on here whether positive or critical. Are you going to tell those that have made positive comments about Nojel to "shut the f*** up" too? My guess is you won't. He is just as entitled to voice his opinion as you or I.

Get over yourself...

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
This is a forum for opinions and discussion. If you don't like his opinions put him on ignore. However, YOU don't have the right to tell him what he can and can't post. He's not going after Nojel as a person, and opinions about Purdue players' play is fair game on here whether positive or critical. Are you going to tell those that have made positive comments about Nojel to "shut the f*** up" too? My guess is you won't. He is just as entitled to voice his opinion as you or I.
... and YOU don’t have the right to tell me what to post, you flaming hypocrite.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
Yep he’s entitled to say what he wants so are you. I understand he’s not saying critical things about my son personally but what’s the obsession talking about him all the time the about the player I think he’s made his point. As far as the draft decision why that concerns him. We won’t get nowhere with this topic and I’m not here to tell no one what to do free speech is a constitutional right and I respect all opinions whether I agree with them or not but hey life is to short my son and I going about our business and what his future holds moving forward that’s for me and my son to decide. Peaxe

Yep he’s entitled to say what he wants so are you. I understand he’s not saying critical things about my son personally but what’s the obsession talking about him all the time the about the player I think he’s made his point. As far as the draft decision why that concerns him. We won’t get nowhere with this topic and I’m not here to tell no one what to do free speech is a constitutional right and I respect all opinions whether I agree with them or not but hey life is to short my son and I going about our business and what his future holds moving forward that’s for me and my son to decide. Peaxe
I highly recommend you put 1969 on ignore. He seems to have an obsession with your son. Maybe if you do so, he will get past this and get back to posting about other people and things. He is generally a good poster, but seems to have gone down this path and won’t stop.

I highly recommend you put 1969 on ignore. He seems to have an obsession with your son. Maybe if you do so, he will get past this and get back to posting about other people and things. He is generally a good poster, but seems to have gone down this path and won’t stop.

I've already asked her to put me on ignore numerous times. And I won't walk on eggshells worrying about what I post that might offend her. I have no personal beef with her or her son. She has every right to be here and I have every right to post what I've posted, as long as it's not personal attacks. But you telling me to "shut the f--ck up" is more of a personal attack than anything I've posted on here. So again, if anyone is in the wrong, it's you...

Reactions: PurduePete98

I think everyone needs to chill out. I've given my personal stance on this, which is my own viewpoint, but it's also a two-way street. You can't make a single post on this forum even insinuating it could involve Nojel without getting a response from his mother -- and the responses are not always the most diplomatic in nature (I was once called "sexist" because we weren't in agreement on a basketball-related topic). No one's saying "leave it alone", "shut the f up", etc. to her, nor should they.

People on this forum have been critical of other players in a much worse way that haven't been staunchly defended.

This forum is meant to discuss Purdue basketball. I often disagree with people, include 69 on several occasions, but I at least approach the discussion with information, facts, reasons why I disagree. If people on all sides of different issues....from playing zone....to deadball inbounding....to investment in basketball.....can't actually have a legit conversation about it, then it ceases to become a forum about Purdue basketball.

I get tired of it at times --- I'm not a fan of jumping on fabricated story lines immediately after we lose one game for this or that reason, and I'm not a fan of rubbing it people's faces immediately after we win that look how we don't need to play zone, need 5 star players, etc. There's certainly times when an issue can be beaten into the ground, I totally get it. But it happens on all sides of it on this forum.

But if you can't freely have a discussion about things, this board becomes useless.

I've already asked her to put me on ignore numerous times. And I won't walk on eggshells worrying about what I post that might offend her. I have no personal beef with her or her son. She has every right to be here and I have every right to post what I've posted, as long as it's not personal attacks. But you telling me to "shut the f--ck up" is more of a personal attack than anything I've posted on here. So again, if anyone is in the wrong, it's you...
I agree my post was personal. It was intended to be. I was trying my best to get you to stop posting on this kid. I generally respect your postings and hope we can get past this.

:cool:

Take it easy with name calling, bub. You apparently need thicker skin if you're going to comment here. Not everybody is going to have an opinion you'll agree with. You need to grow up.

I’m not responding to that person anymore he is who he is. I’m not here to tell that person what to do he feel good about talking about my son all the time so be it. Again my life nor my son life revolves around an internet fan

Take it easy with name calling, bub. You apparently need thicker skin if you're going to comment here. Not everybody is going to have an opinion you'll agree with. You need to grow up.
It’s not my skin that’s thin. Just my patience. He has not insulted me in any way, and he generally addresses posts and not people. I insulted him on purpose to try and change the direction of his posts. By the way, 1969 is articulate enough to defend himself on here. You don’t need to rush to his defense.

I think everyone needs to chill out. I've given my personal stance on this, which is my own viewpoint, but it's also a two-way street. You can't make a single post on this forum even insinuating it could involve Nojel without getting a response from his mother -- and the responses are not always the most diplomatic in nature (I was once called "sexist" because we weren't in agreement on a basketball-related topic). No one's saying "leave it alone", "shut the f up", etc. to her, nor should they.

People on this forum have been critical of other players in a much worse way that haven't been staunchly defended.

This forum is meant to discuss Purdue basketball. I often disagree with people, include 69 on several occasions, but I at least approach the discussion with information, facts, reasons why I disagree. If people on all sides of different issues....from playing zone....to deadball inbounding....to investment in basketball.....can't actually have a legit conversation about it, then it ceases to become a forum about Purdue basketball.

I get tired of it at times --- I'm not a fan of jumping on fabricated story lines immediately after we lose one game for this or that reason, and I'm not a fan of rubbing it people's faces immediately after we win that look how we don't need to play zone, need 5 star players, etc. There's certainly times when an issue can be beaten into the ground, I totally get it. But it happens on all sides of it on this forum.

But if you can't freely have a discussion about things, this board becomes useless.

You and I don't always see eye to eye about topics. But I respect you even more based on this post.

I’m not responding to that person anymore he is who he is. I’m not here to tell that person what to do he feel good about talking about my son all the time so be it. Again my life nor my son life revolves around an internet fan

posts about your son would drop in volume by about 90% if you would just stay away from this for awhile. we all know how you feel...believe me.

i won't respond so don't bother.

It’s not my skin that’s thin. Just my patience. He has not insulted me in any way, and he generally addresses posts and not people. I insulted him on purpose to try and change the direction of his posts. By the way, 1969 is articulate enough to defend himself on here. You don’t need to rush to his defense.
And you don't need to name call. No one on here wants to read your constant temper tantrums against posters you don't agree with.

:cool:

MAELSTROM - a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.

Also the best/most productive mission for Space Cadet Pinball if you're fortunate enough to complete it.....

~ Fleet Admiral Ackbar

300px-Space_Cadet_Pinball%2C_Visual_Comparison_of_Full_Tilt_and_Windows_XP_versions.png

Well said sir.

What this thread needs now is a good drink recipe... @BBG ???

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT