ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Way Too Early 2021 NCAA Brackets

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Normally, I would not post brackets from anyone this early, but obviously there is not much going on in the sports world right now to discuss, even on the recruiting side, so I thought some people might find this interesting.

It looks like ESPN is projecting us to be a #7 seed in the East. There is another interesting #7 seed, in the Midwest bracket, from a team to the South that has not made the tournament since 2016.

https://247sports.com/college/purdu...t-2020-21-bracketology-146767186/#146767186_1

Normally, I would not post brackets from anyone this early, but obviously there is not much going on in the sports world right now to discuss, even on the recruiting side, so I thought some people might find this interesting.

It looks like ESPN is projecting us to be a #7 seed in the East. There is another interesting #7 seed, in the Midwest bracket, from a team to the South that has not made the tournament since 2016.

https://247sports.com/college/purdu...t-2020-21-bracketology-146767186/#146767186_1
Can IU go ahead and start printing the T shirts now?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Since we are probably going to have social distancing for quite sometime, maybe they can wave big flags out their windows, similar to the flags at the Romeo announcement conference a couple of years ago.

Considering the large number of kids from IU that are now in the NBA, and the rankings of the last 5-6 years of recruiting classes, the IU folks should have a lot to brag about. Makes you wonder about what happened in between those two celebratory events.

Who knows? Maybe they will make the tourney next season. In some ways I hope they do, for a lot of reasons.

:cool:

Reactions: RunninRichie
I would absolutely take a 7 seed for us right now. Still not sure we'll be too much better than last year. Need to see how all the freshman play first.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Me too. However, I have this unreasonable idea that we are going to be significantly better than last season, so I’m hoping for a much better seed.
4-5 seed is what I predict, I think a low end top 25 team.

Me too. However, I have this unreasonable idea that we are going to be significantly better than last season, so I’m hoping for a much better seed.
I worry that if Nojel leaves then we will be down our two best defenders. Hopefully he comes back for his senior campaign, invigorated and with a chip on his shoulder.

or, some rings. Just like Tom Crean's Sweet 16 rings...

ku-large.png

Considering the large number of kids from IU that are now in the NBA, and the rankings of the last 5-6 years of recruiting classes, the IU folks should have a lot to brag about. Makes you wonder about what happened in between those two celebratory events.

Who knows? Maybe they will make the tourney next season. In some ways I hope they do, for a lot of reasons.

But, but, but, they had so many injuries, according to the Trojan dudette...that's why Archie couldn't make it to the tournament.

I worry that if Nojel leaves then we will be down our two best defenders. Hopefully he comes back for his senior campaign, invigorated and with a chip on his shoulder.

I hope he comes back. But I honestly don't think he will be the difference between last season and a better season. If we want to see a major difference, we need significant offensive improvement.

But, but, but, they had so many injuries, according to the Trojan dudette...that's why Archie couldn't make it to the tournament.
1. Archie would have made the tournament this year.
2. I don’t recall ever stating Archie would have made the tournament if not for injuries. With that said, they would have been a better team during Romeo’s year if no one on the team were injured. Just like Purdue football likely would have been a better team this year without any injuries.

I hope he comes back. But I honestly don't think he will be the difference between last season and a better season. If we want to see a major difference, we need significant offensive improvement.
If a coach has two players who are pretty-much equal and one has no more years and one has three more years ... hmmmmm

I hope he comes back. But I honestly don't think he will be the difference between last season and a better season. If we want to see a major difference, we need significant offensive improvement.[/QUOTE
Better hope there is a season never fails you have a respond every single time when someone post something positive about nojel you got something negative to say U don’t like the basketball player we get it he brings nothing to the team offensively you are on record a lot saying so what gives. These freshman better live up to all the expectations with an uncertain season that may or may not be played this season. HS ball is not college ball

If a coach has two players who are pretty-much equal and one has no more years and one has three more years ... hmmmmm
I don’t get the guy nojel has rubbed him the wrong way or something bcuz he cannot help himself but to respond with something negative about my son when something positive was said about him. These freshman better meet all his expectations bcuz I feel sorry for them with the amount of criticism they will face if they don’t. HS 3 point line not the same as a college 3 point line. HS ball not college ball physically athletically the speed is different with no summer conditioning in place will be tough for them if they cannot get on campus until August. What has nojel done to him that bad not hit a jump shot score the ball enough but he has done everything else that he gotta keep tearing nojel down. We all no his struggles but if he feels good about constantly degrading the player over basketball although he’s a great person and teammate that goes unnoticed in his eyes

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler

the Watshot happened

Reactions: mathboy
I don’t get the guy nojel has rubbed him the wrong way or something bcuz he cannot help himself but to respond with something negative about my son when something positive was said about him. These freshman better meet all his expectations bcuz I feel sorry for them with the amount of criticism they will face if they don’t. HS 3 point line not the same as a college 3 point line. HS ball not college ball physically athletically the speed is different with no summer conditioning in place will be tough for them if they cannot get on campus until August. What has nojel done to him that bad not hit a jump shot score the ball enough but he has done everything else that he gotta keep tearing nojel down. We all no his struggles but if he feels good about constantly degrading the player over basketball although he’s a great person and teammate that goes unnoticed in his eyes

Treed, do you know-is the team working out at all together or is this off season individual work outs only?
If things clear up is the overseas trip still a possibility? If not it's a shame for the kids to miss out on such an opportunity.
I hope Nojel has a great year and I'm proud he's a Boiler.

Reactions: Schnelk
trust me, it was a painful many years. CAM still has a lot to prove and the rope is getting shorter, but at least he isn't pacing up and down the court like an ADHD kid drinking red bull, pulling up his pants every couple steps in between clapping fits.
Well, and it can’t hurt that Archie actually played the sport.

I don't understand what your issue is with my post? Basically what I was saying is that he wasn't the sole cause for the issues of last season, and he's not going to be the sole cause of being significantly better. I said I hope he comes back. I never meant the post to be anything negative, but apparently you did because you can't handle anything that gets posted on this site about your son without going into a defensive rage.

1. Archie would have made the tournament this year.
2. I don’t recall ever stating Archie would have made the tournament if not for injuries. With that said, they would have been a better team during Romeo’s year if no one on the team were injured. Just like Purdue football likely would have been a better team this year without any injuries.

Funny, you're already responding as "Trojan dudette". So I declare that from hence forward, you will be referred to as Trojan dudette on this site...

Reactions: mathboy
Funny, you're already responding as "Trojan dudette". So I declare that from hence forward, you will be referred to as Trojan dudette on this site...
Lol do you think that’s an insult? Are you 5? Oh no the mean boy called me a girl, I’m so hurt.

Call me whatever you want haha.

I don't understand what your issue is with my post? Basically what I was saying is that he wasn't the sole cause for the issues of last season, and he's not going to be the sole cause of being significantly better. I said I hope he comes back. I never meant the post to be anything negative, but apparently you did because you can't handle anything that gets posted on this site about your son without going into a defensive rage.
It's been three years that he's wrestled all the issues that prevent him from being all he really is ... I'm ready to see all these things he really is ...

I guess my point why respond all the time we all no what his issues was it’s no secret. I can handle it that isn’t the problem like I may think. You sir have something to say all the time about him it’s other players on the team u seem to forget that. He wasn’t perfect neither was every player on that roster. I’m cool with people opinions you sir have something constantly has something to say about him when something is being posted about him good or bad. He’s proven he can play at this level no freshman has done nothing yet. It’s all good tho nojel future is bright he’s home grinding what his future holds can’t wait to see it unfold. You sir have a bless day

It's been three years that he's wrestled all the issues that prevent him from being all he really is ... I'm ready to see all these things he really is ...
Well I guess it’s a waiting game at this point

trust me, it was a painful many years. CAM still has a lot to prove and the rope is getting shorter, but at least he isn't pacing up and down the court like an ADHD kid drinking red bull, pulling up his pants every couple steps in between clapping fits.
If the rope is getting shorter you'll need to have him stand on a chair because he doesn't appear to be getting any taller!

I’m his mother I get it I remember who he was and what he did.
I'm not sure what all the criticism of Nojel is about on here. I'm guessing it is just fans that see the vast potential in him, and they want more and more.

What I see is a great person and perfect teammate who has won Purdue many games, some without scoring. A great example of that was the IU at Purdue game this year. It was 23-20 with under a minute to go in the half. The Boilers took a 29-20 lead into the locker room because of Nojel and he scored no points in that stretch. First he made a nice pass to Tre for an easy layup. Then Franklin beats his man and heads for the basket. Nojel cuts him off and causes a turnover that results in a Hunter layup. After a timeout, Painter puts Nojel on the point guard Durham. He harasses Durham to the point that he eventually turned it over leading to a Hunter dunk. 29-20 and the game was never in doubt again.

As a Boilermaker fan, I sure want Nojel back next year. He is just too valuable even without the scoring, but for Purdue's and his own sake, I hope he continues to improve and he expands his game even more. For Purdue to be better next year, every single returning player will have to do the same.

I'm not sure what all the criticism of Nojel is about on here. I'm guessing it is just fans that see the vast potential in him, and they want more and more.

What I see is a great person and perfect teammate who has won Purdue many games, some without scoring. A great example of that was the IU at Purdue game this year. It was 23-20 with under a minute to go in the half. The Boilers took a 29-20 lead into the locker room because of Nojel and he scored no points in that stretch. First he made a nice pass to Tre for an easy layup. Then Franklin beats his man and heads for the basket. Nojel cuts him off and causes a turnover that results in a Hunter layup. After a timeout, Painter puts Nojel on the point guard Durham. He harasses Durham to the point that he eventually turned it over leading to a Hunter dunk. 29-20 and the game was never in doubt again.

As a Boilermaker fan, I sure want Nojel back next year. He is just too valuable even without the scoring, but for Purdue's and his own sake, I hope he continues to improve and he expands his game even more. For Purdue to be better next year, every single returning player will have to do the same.
Sir I’m with u I’ve watched my son his whole life play ball he shot the ball well from 3 scored in a variety of ways just look up some his HS clips but what happen once he got to college I no now what has happened that has ultimately hinder his offensive production. However despite all of his short comings offensively he has been good everywhere else no off the court issues great teammate on and off that court. He worked both off season on his game trying to find his shooting rhythm again somehow it hasn’t been consistent in games but he never stopped playing despite he was struggling offensively. With time on his hands now he’s had time to think long and hard about his future. The game of basketball has been taken from him and all hoopers and I fo believe he has seen that light bulb come back on. He told me he about to get his mojo back so he sent me his workout regimen and plan that to this day he has stuck by his commitment to get back to loving the game and getting back to the basics fundamentals of getting his shot back. He got the help he needs to help him get his shot back but his determination is what I’m impressed with bcuz he knows that has to return to his game and he’s been grinding hard since he’s been home. What his future holds it’s only for him to decide but he’s gonna always put forth his best effort to be the best he can be.

images

Reactions: Esox54547
I guess my point why respond all the time we all no what his issues was it’s no secret. I can handle it that isn’t the problem like I may think. You sir have something to say all the time about him it’s other players on the team u seem to forget that. He wasn’t perfect neither was every player on that roster. I’m cool with people opinions you sir have something constantly has something to say about him when something is being posted about him good or bad. He’s proven he can play at this level no freshman has done nothing yet. It’s all good tho nojel future is bright he’s home grinding what his future holds can’t wait to see it unfold. You sir have a bless day
Well to be fair he probably hates Wheeler even more...

Let’s not go into a Wheeler tangent now.

We are going through too much as a country and as a world right now. Let’s stay positive everyone. No more bashing of our players (IU is a different story (tic))

1969, you’ve been pretty negative about certain players, Nojel being one. Once you open a wound, you have to give it time to heal. You haven’t. You just keep picking away at with little jabs. It seems every time there is an opportunity, you just can’t resist.

How about you go the rest of the summer without mentioning either of the players giving you heartburn? We’d all enjoy the board more, and you wouldn’t put people on the defensive. I am not saying your opinion is not welcome. I am just saying that you need to lay off certain subjects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT