ADVERTISEMENT

Dowuona playing on exhibition tour of Ukraine

Is anyone else afraid that Dow is JacT part 2? Massive potential that never gets off the ground for one reason or another.....hope this is not the case obviously, but seems to be a lot of similarities to this point in their respective careers....

Reactions: 3generboiler
Is anyone else afraid that Dow is JacT part 2? Massive potential that never gets off the ground for one reason or another.....hope this is not the case obviously, but seems to be a lot of similarities to this point in their respective careers....
None at all he’s just fine. Jaquil ended his career on a great note and has signed a contract to play overseas so he’s doing well for himself too. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Dow is just fine I watched him in practice he gonna be all kinda problems once he gets some games under his belt this is a great opportunity for him and this will help with his confidence coming into the season where he be more ready to contend for playing time. Kid been only playing basketball for 6 years he still leading and we’re he was in Florida they didn’t teach him anything about the basic fundamentals. He wants to learn he puts in works he’s gotten better and he gonna help Purdue win this season. Getting to play some games he gets to see we’re he is and when he comes back he’ll be ready to compete for some playing time. 6”11 6”9 and 7”3 ur front court all athletic and can run the floor and defend and that’s just ur front court.

None at all he’s just fine. Jaquil ended his career on a great note and has signed a contract to play overseas so he’s doing well for himself too. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Dow is just fine I watched him in practice he gonna be all kinda problems once he gets some games under his belt this is a great opportunity for him and this will help with his confidence coming into the season where he be more ready to contend for playing time. Kid been only playing basketball for 6 years he still leading and we’re he was in Florida they didn’t teach him anything about the basic fundamentals. He wants to learn he puts in works he’s gotten better and he gonna help Purdue win this season. Getting to play some games he gets to see we’re he is and when he comes back he’ll be ready to compete for some playing time. 6”11 6”9 and 7”3 ur front court all athletic and can run the floor and defend and that’s just ur front court.
Treed: I love your comments and support for ALL of these young men. Thanks so much!

I must say that this fear seems unfounded. Let’s at least let him be eligible to play a year before we jump to conclusions.

Couldn’t you say that about anyone hurt their first year. Not sufficient data for me to worry about that.

Always a chance that any recruit could end up not panning out. Dow was recruited quite a bit more than Taylor was so im not as worried. Dow had a much better offer list.

It takes some pressure of Painter if Haarms or Tre get into foul trouble or if Tre gets tired. It also allows for all three to play more aggressive. I have no idea whether Painter plans to try a twin-towers lineup but all three of the big guys should get playing time.

This thread proves that Dow still has his believers and well-wishers .
Also might suggest Evan's minutes might be comparable to Tommy Luce's ??

It takes some pressure of Painter if Haarms or Tre get into foul trouble or if Tre gets tired. It also allows for all three to play more aggressive. I have no idea whether Painter plans to try a twin-towers lineup but all three of the big guys should get playing time.

Agree. Dow is also the only true rim protector on the roster after Matty H.

That’s his only path to minutes at all. That might be slim as well.

I’ll stick by my theory (based on zero facts) that EB bulked up to play in the Big Ten last summer and that hurt his quickness. If he can make some improvement there I think he’s savvy enough to guard most 4’s.

Reactions: TX4GB
It’s really funny that as soon as somebody posts a comment about him being similar to JT, you post about Dow dominating.
JT could well have dominated except for injuries. He was never able to reach his full potential at Purdue because of that.

Reactions: wruthrauff
JT could well have dominated except for injuries. He was never able to reach his full potential at Purdue because of that.

It was a combination of injuries and depth chart. Hard to log a lot of minutes when you’re a 5 behind AJ, Haas, Biggie and Matty H. He was very good in his last year after he transferred bu didn’t exactly dominate at a lower level.

Reactions: doubleyous
I’ll stick by my theory (based on zero facts) that EB bulked up to play in the Big Ten last summer and that hurt his quickness. If he can make some improvement there I think he’s savvy enough to guard most 4’s.
Could be. That would be good because he does bring a heady game to the court.

Reactions: northside100

I'm by no means being critical of Dow or his game and certainly hope he has a storied career at Purdue....JT struggled to stay on the floor and get minutes for 4 years at Purdue and wound up being a 5th year transfer. During that time there was a constant desire to see his full potential (See PU52Chevy's posts 1,116 through 2,247 for reference)....and unfortunately we never got to see it in a Purdue uniform. I realize Dow has only been on the roster for a year, but we have been waiting to see him play since the day he committed two years ago and we are yet to see him at his best in a Purdue uniform....I'm just hopeful the same scenario that played out for JT doesn't play out for Dow. Thanks for the update Treed, always appreciated!

I'm by no means being critical of Dow or his game and certainly hope he has a storied career at Purdue....JT struggled to stay on the floor and get minutes for 4 years at Purdue and wound up being a 5th year transfer. During that time there was a constant desire to see his full potential (See PU52Chevy's posts 1,116 through 2,247 for reference)....and unfortunately we never got to see it in a Purdue uniform. I realize Dow has only been on the roster for a year, but we have been waiting to see him play since the day he committed two years ago and we are yet to see him at his best in a Purdue uniform....I'm just hopeful the same scenario that played out for JT doesn't play out for Dow. Thanks for the update Treed, always appreciated!
I will say this 2 different body types with size and length plus athleticism. I believe what set him back a bit he’s fine now and getting some games under his belt over in Ukraine will help him in the long run. He’s improved a lot and I do believe he’ll find his way on the court this season and will help this team win

Get you facts straight Mr. cjf04..…..posts 1115 thru 2248....ha ha

Chris "Big Easy" Reid
JT

Now my favorites are Dow and Sasha!

Get ready for all posts!

Boiler Up!

https://sportsreach.org/trips/
Looks like play starts on the 8th? Unless you meant, how is he doing injury wise?
Thanks for the information. I had the erroneous impression the games were going on right now. I wanted to know if he was able to play significant time, and how were his stats. Obviously, we will know more tomorrow (or in this case, after the 8th)!

:cool:

If you haven't seen him recently, he is a specimen. Painter wants him to shake off the rust and compete for time. Not many teams have the front-line depth Purdue will have this year.
We’ve got 6 guys fighting for the 80 minutes a game available at the 4 and 5 spots. And Matt, Tre, and Wheels are gonna get a bunch of it. Dow and EB have already redshirted, and sounds like Gillis will not be redshirting. Love the competition!

One thing I have to say after watching the video is there is a lot of bad coaching out there. Dow at least looked like he knew what he was supposed to be doing and is relentless going after rebounds. Thank God Purdue has Painter.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Wheeler will block a ton of shots this year. I also see Tre blocking a lot more since he has slimmed down

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT