ADVERTISEMENT

did anyone watch Stanford - Oregon ?

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
Great game but Oregon's coach made a ? able decision. The Ducks are a head by 3 and get a first down on a big play after Shaw used his last TO w/ like 1:30 left. All they have to do is tell the QB to take 3 knees but they call a run to the outside, the RB runs into a pile and fumbles at Stanford's 40. Stanford goes down to the Ducks 20 and kicks a game tying FG and then win in OT.

Reactions: Nukeboiler
I watched the game. I was born at Stanford hospital, first football game I ever went to was a Stanford game (mom's coworker had a bf that played on the team).

I approved Oregon's game strategy and execution

Great game but Oregon's coach made a ? able decision. The Ducks are a head by 3 and get a first down on a big play after Shaw used his last TO w/ like 1:30 left. All they have to do is tell the QB to take 3 knees but they call a run to the outside, the RB runs into a pile and fumbles at Stanford's 40. Stanford goes down to the Ducks 20 and kicks a game tying FG and then win in OT.
CANNOT STAND BONEHEADED COACHING DECISIONS!!! (1) Taking a TO on 4th down when you are trying to kill the clock. KEEP IT RUNNING! (2) Throwing long on 3rd and 2. (3) Going into shotgun on 3rd and short or 4th and short. Abandoning the run just because you have a passing QB. Geez, how do these coaches make such big bucks!

Didn’t Danny Hope do something like that against Notre Dame? ND marching down in the final minutes with no TO’s and then Purdue calls a defensive TO that let ND regroup. Then went on the win the game.

If Hope had the money and AD support currently at Purdue..what could have been?

If Hope had the money and AD support currently at Purdue..what could have been?
the Ducks also got hosed on a pass in the endzone, the Stanford db held the Duck wr and didn't even know where the ball was and no call, at Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT