ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich on Eric Anderson, "Eric didn't require $100,000 to attend iu like a current player did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha that's all you have? You post here too. Do you need a life? Great insult lol.

I wasn't insulting you.

You still don't get it.

Yes, I "post here, too." However, I don't lurk on the IU forum, eating popcorn and watching the meltdowns. Never have, through all the IU meltdowns. I've always had better things to entertain me.

And, before you lecture me that I post here, too, and that you have a right to post things because you get all butt-hurt because someone posts something about IU, .... and .... and .... and ....

I really don't care. Don't care if you post here, don't care how butt-hurt you get, don't care about your irrelevant retorts.

Mine was an observation about the message you sent about yourself. That was it. I can continue to clarify, if you need it.

Otherwise, pop another bowl of popcorn and be entertained.

I wasn't insulting you.

You still don't get it.

Yes, I "post here, too." However, I don't lurk on the IU forum, eating popcorn and watching the meltdowns. Never have, through all the IU meltdowns. I've always had better things to entertain me.

And, before you lecture me that I post here, too, and that you have a right to post things because you get all butt-hurt because someone posts something about IU, .... and .... and .... and ....

I really don't care. Don't care if you post here, don't care how butt-hurt you get, don't care about your irrelevant retorts.

Mine was an observation about the message you sent about yourself. That was it. I can continue to clarify, if you need it.

Otherwise, pop another bowl of popcorn and be entertained.
Lol it seems I'm not the one that's butthurt. Take an aspirin.

For good cause. Adultery isn't going to be in your Petition. The Courts want to know if you agree or disagree. If disagree proceed with a hearing and if you agree file your final decree, settlement,QDRO etc.

I always thought that adultery was considered a valid reason to seek a divorce. Fortunately I am not familiar with these aspects of family law. Also, those things vary by state so I do not know about the IN process.

Just a question: what does Hayes have to do with anything? He played on the team, that's all that is known. Is there any record of cash to him or family? So I am lost as to why he is being brought up.

Cash from Adidas that funded 22 Vision isn’t an NCAA violation. Every coach in America knew Langford’s dad was running 22 Vision and subsequently receiving money from Adidas and every coach in America knew it would have no impact on Romeo’s amateur status because the NCAA had just ruled that a parent or guardian who runs a shoe company funded AAU program wasn’t breaking NCAA rules. They had literally just ruled on Bagley.

I used Hayes as an example that Matt Painter continued to recruit Romeo well after 22 Vision in response to the blow hard who said Painter “bowed” out. Painter discovered and then eventually offered Hayes while recruiting Romeo while he played with Hayes on 22 Vision. Just illustrating that Matt Painter is as unethical as Archie by Pit Bull’s logic because they both recruited Romeo well after 22 Vision was founded.

You really need to mature. Not every post is an attack on you. Again, mine was just an observation about the type of message you probably didn't want to send.

Apparently I was wrong.
Every post you make is an attack on someone. (See your last post in the 2020 commit thread to Wole)

This thread was started as a troll post. I responded to the post by trolling about the current state of your board. Get over it.

Not hard when you actually pay attention and don’t let your complex dictate your conjecture. Pitt Bull would plead ignorance 100x over before he would admit he’s wrong because his complex wouldn’t allow. But hey, you guys let me know when Romeo is ruled ineligible and IU is facing sanctions.

……..and let us know when any of this is ethical. But being an IU fan, you and your complex can't fathom such goings ons….
BTW, one "t" in pit. I am disappointed that you didn't know that.

Cash from Adidas that funded 22 Vision isn’t an NCAA violation. Every coach in America knew Langford’s dad was running 22 Vision and subsequently receiving money from Adidas and every coach in America knew it would have no impact on Romeo’s amateur status because the NCAA had just ruled that a parent or guardian who runs a shoe company funded AAU program wasn’t breaking NCAA rules. They had literally just ruled on Bagley.

I used Hayes as an example that Matt Painter continued to recruit Romeo well after 22 Vision in response to the blow hard who said Painter “bowed” out. Painter discovered and then eventually offered Hayes while recruiting Romeo while he played with Hayes on 22 Vision. Just illustrating that Matt Painter is as unethical as Archie by Pit Bull’s logic because they both recruited Romeo well after 22 Vision was founded.

That's the point. CMP bowed out when he saw the hand outs...….Archie didn't. That's all.

That's the point. CMP bowed out when he saw the hand outs...….Archie didn't. That's all.

But he didn’t bow out. 22 Vision was announced in January 2017 and every coach in America knew Langford’s dad was the director. Painter isn’t an idiot and knows every major AAU program like that is heavily funded. Unless Painter is brain dead, he knew what was going on and he continued to recruit Romeo for several more months until Romeo named his final 7 which didn’t include Purdue. That’s when he bowed out. To suggest or insinuate Painter didn’t continue to recruit Langford after Jan 2017 (when 22 Vision was announced) is LOL the worst take I’ve seen yet.

And everyone saw the hands out on January 17th, 2017 when it was announced that Tim Langford would be running an Adidas sponsored AAU team that would play on Gold circuit. Archie didn’t even start recruiting Romeo until he was named IU’s coach several months later. Again, Painter continued to recruit Langford after 22 Vision was founded. The day 22 Vision was founded is how you would describe “hands out”. Painter clearly didn’t care as he continued to recruit him until Langford told him not interested.

You can't change an IU fans mind. He has established that for sure. He seems to talk and thinks he knows a ton about the internals of IU's program. Seems odd right..?? No one is fooled. His battles have been towards Purdue fans and is backed by IU fans on a Purdue board. Let me tell you, he is lost. This isn't the IU board buddy!

Last edited:
You can't change an IU fans mind. He has established that for sure. He seems to talk and thinks he knows a ton about the internals of IU's program. Seems odd right..?? No one is fooled. His battles have been towards Purdue fans and is backed by IU fans on a Purdue board. Let me tell you that you are lost. This isn't the IU board buddy!

Great....now he is going to spend all night arguing that this is the IU board.

Reactions: Poprudy
I do not and here is why: when I view Painter's career, it seems that he has the respect of his peers. That tells me something. The peers hear the gossip and know who is cheating or cutting corners, etc. way better than the outside world. That is true in every profession. It seems that he has been held in high regard by them. So I infer that he is OK.

Now, you could point out that people have been appointed to positions of responsibility that should not have occurred. I recall Sampson being put on the Ethics Committee of the coaches. While there are exceptions, they tend to be the albino zebras. So I am relying upon probabilities in my judgment.

In the other case, it is simply too big a stretch for me to believe that AM did not know what was going on at AZ. And I do not believe that it suddenly started after he left. Cultures of an organization do not change that quickly. Also, given his status as chief recruiter and brother not knowing anything strikes me as very naive.

The wheels of the Justice mill grind slowly but they grind fine. Prosecutors like to get ahead by putting a head on the wall and the bigger the head the better. What I see in the USA and elsewhere is a populist revolt based upon the fact that there are elites and regular folk and that the elites get treated better. The regulars are getting fed up and that translates into a change in business. That has effect upon the Catholic Church (I am a member), the Congress and the Presidency where scandal is brought open and punishment demanded.

Look at NFL ratings, they are way down and were once considered invincible. People don't watch because they are unhappy with the way the league was run. What do you think is going to happen when there are payola trials in CBB? CBS and ESPN have a lot invested in long-term contracts that are viewership dependent.
You really have zero idea on why NFL ratings are "down". I have watched games through Yahoo app on my phone while at work. Pretty darn sure ratings do not account for that currently. They do not account for people like me using overseas websites to stream games not on in my market. CBB is not going to suffer. .Absolute nonsense.

Give it up arcb102000...….there's no convincing these devils....
they don't even think it is unethical.
Now they are delving into CMP's private life...….smh
Hell, BAB has at least ten different "I love Archie Miller" T-shirts in his closet...……..crazy stuff
Almost 13,000 posts and ZERO have any value to the baord. Definition of a TROLL!!!

CMP doesn't play those games. Your coach does. Let's just end it there.
Why I am even going to waste anytime responding to your ignorance is beyond me but so be it. Painter played at Purdue from 1989-1993. Gene Keady was the coach during that time. Assistants were Steve Lavin, Bruce Weber and Frank Kendrick. Kendrick left in 1995 due to violations aka scapegoat for the cheating of Keady because where there is smoke... as so many diehards on here want to say. Painter was on the team as a player while cheating was happening. Purdue continues to play on a court named after a cheater (based on the theory of where smoke, there must be fire). I am so DARN ashamed of the low IQ Purdue fans who insist Purdue is holier than thou. Caleb S. was a dirty situation and Painter still could not do anything in March. Until the Keady tree is absolutely washed away from the basketball program, NOTHING will change. Continue onward with your trolling.

Reactions: sluggo69
Almost 13,000 posts and ZERO have any value to the baord. Definition of a TROLL!!!

Let's do one more then!
daffyscrewballnx3.gif

P.S. Dakich is a lousy radio personality, embraces being an absolute jerk and some Purdue "idiot" fans will fall all over themselves to believe him when he trolls Purdue fans to get ratings.

Why I am even going to waste anytime responding to your ignorance is beyond me but so be it. Painter played at Purdue from 1989-1993. Gene Keady was the coach during that time. Assistants were Steve Lavin, Bruce Weber and Frank Kendrick. Kendrick left in 1995 due to violations aka scapegoat for the cheating of Keady because where there is smoke... as so many diehards on here want to say. Painter was on the team as a player while cheating was happening. Purdue continues to play on a court named after a cheater (based on the theory of where smoke, there must be fire). I am so DARN ashamed of the low IQ Purdue fans who insist Purdue is holier than thou. Caleb S. was a dirty situation and Painter still could not do anything in March. Until the Keady tree is absolutely washed away from the basketball program, NOTHING will change. Continue onward with your trolling.
giphy.gif

Let's do one more then!
daffyscrewballnx3.gif
Since you think you all are knowing, why don't you tell me who Willard Wells was? He coached at Purdue and I lived down the street from him. Come on, who was he? Since some of you are so knowing of everything Purdue athletics. Hint: he was in one of the two major revenue programs. Go on now. Have you gone to steal any small dogs for your pitbulls to kill yet?

Since you think you all are knowing, why don't you tell me who Willard Wells was? He coached at Purdue and I lived down the street from him. Come on, who was he? Since some of you are so knowing of everything Purdue athletics. Hint: he was in one of the two major revenue programs. Go on now. Have you gone to steal any small dogs for your pitbulls to kill yet?
1200px-FredWillardApr08.jpg

And that is not how you train a game pit bull. Read a little about their history before posting LOL
Pit-Bull-war-ads-.jpg

little%20rascals%20Pit%20Bull%20pete.jpg

oldphoto1.jpg

0*t-MnBzD_a9Tp4z5z.jpg

I am particularly interested in the OFRN...…..
http://www.gamedogshistory.com/ofrn/

Last edited:
This is sad , as a poster that likes INDIANA basketball and yes I lean to IU but I still like to watch PU kids and all INDIANA basketball do well especially locally . This thread has gone really wrong . Eric was a great 4 yr player who passed way too young.

Look, i'm a staunch proponent of amateur athletics and I want nothing more than to see college basketball cleaned up so I can watch what I consider to be the highest level of untainted basketball. To me, college ball in its intended state is the way the game is meant to be played. That said, even I don't see an issue in Langford's situation. Frankly, I think it was a good business move by Tim Langford on his son's behalf. Like it or not, AAU is closer to the style of basketball these kids will play in the NBA than you see in HS or college. That is why AAU is where their rankings and reputation are earned. If my son had the potential to be a top 5 pick, I'd want him to play for a team that puts him in the best position to improve his stock. Nobody really cares who wins AAU tournaments, so why put him on a team with 9 other kids who are all trying to "get theirs" when you have a sponsor that's willing to fund a team that will showcase his talents. He's still playing on a circuit with elite players, and he'll get his opportunity to compete with those guys regardless. And that, at the end of the day, is what scouts and coaches want to see.

Now that I have that out of the way, i'll get to the lengthy part of my post that most of you probably won't read. It seems that most posters here agree that the AAU payment, while possibly suspect, was not a violation of NCAA rules. Most posters also seem to agree that IU was not complicit. That being said, I have some questions for the individuals claiming foul that I would like to clear up.

1. A lot of posters on this board have said that IU got Langford by default (as much as I hate to say it; I think they're probably right.) Some posters have also said they think IU was involved with the Adidas payment to Tim Langford and used Archie's time at Arizona to draw a connection. However, 22Vision was founded in January 2017; well before IU's involvement with Langford and Archie's arrival in Bloomington. Obviously, this contradicts any narrative that IU or Archie was involved. So, which do you want to go with? Did IU get him by default or was IU complicit in a payment to a player that wasn't even considering them at the time?

2. As I previously stated, we're talking about 100K; not an outrageous amount. It would be very expensive to provide transport and lodge an entire basketball team for 8 weeks. It has been estimated in new articles that the cost could be between 50-75K, but anyone who travels for business knows it could also easily exceed that. So, if it's unethical for the shoe company to provide money for these costs, who do you think should foot the bill and do you feel the coaches and individuals running these teams should be prohibited from profiting from their involvement with these teams?

3. With regards to 22Vision, why does it matter who ran the team? Honestly, the fact that Tim Langford allowed his name to be attached makes me less suspicious. I'm not sure about you, but I find it unlikely that Tim Langford took impermissible benefits and then went out of his way to put himself and his daughter under a microscope by attaching their names to the non-profit that accepted the payment. 22Vision would've automatically received more scrutiny BECAUSE Tim Langford was listed as a director.

3. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember Romeo saying in an interview that Miller convinced him to delay his decision and that he would've chosen Vanderbilt had he made his decision in the fall. Vanderbilt is a Nike school. Again, it doesn't really support the theory that Adidas was controlling his recruitment. Were the Langfords just going to take the money and run?

4. The Langfords dropped Louisville as soon as news of the investigation broke, and Tim Langford stated on camera that he advised Romeo against choosing Kansas when it became known that they were tied to the charges. If Tim Langford was taking impermissible benefits, why bother with the ruse? Everyone knows how long these things drag out (see UNC). Romeo would be in the NBA by the time sanctions were levied so there's really no reason to eliminate schools due to the investigation unless you legitimately do not want your name attached to that kind of scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT