ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich on Eric Anderson, "Eric didn't require $100,000 to attend iu like a current player did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric's passing is not the time or place to play one's personal agenda. Just pay tribute to Eric Anderson, who seemed like a nice guy and played hard and quite well while never being close to the best athlete on the court at IU, and leave it at that, for at least one day. Our society is really unraveling.
Dakich was paying tribute to Eric with his comment. Hilarious that you think our society is unraveling with someone pays a compliment to someone.

Nope, but his comment that Romeo did was wrong. It's a troll job. I would have thought you guys would realize Dakich doesnt know sh*t after he proclaimed Brohm to Louisville was a done deal.

Addidas paid his father somewhere between 100k - 150k as director for 22Vision. I don't thinks this is a unfounded rumor. Check the Washington Post article.. He was up for sale to the highest bidder.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Addidas paid his father somewhere between 100k - 150k as director for 22Vision. I don't thinks this is a unfounded rumor. Check the Washington Post article.. He was up for sale to the highest bidder.
Lol we could get into this again, but I'd rather just watch your board meltdown with fire Painter threads than talk about this subject for the 400th time. Good try though! Have a great day.

Reactions: Iuzach04
Lol we could get into this again, but I dont want to take away from the melt down that's going on here right now.

I'll just continue to eat my popcorn and watch. Have a great day!
Nice deflection. Oh and btw Purdue owns iu. Enjoy your popcorn.

Reactions: chaspark
Lived in Ross-Ade apartments first 2 yrs (ate at Owen Hall), lived at Williamsburg on the Wabash and apartment on Salisbury streets. Did my 21st bday in Harry's. Played ball at the Co-rec 5 days a week. Sons presently attend St Charles North High. I know Brian Clodi who was Stephens' high school coach at our son's crosstown rival high (East) . My son played travel baseball against his son. Kyle King was in my son's graduating class. I know Kyle well, they live down the road from us. Played pickup ball with Kyle several times. Kyle and my son played on the same football team in middle school.

Should I keep going? I can screen shot my Purdue diploma and PM my 224 an 331 area code phone numbers if you want to chat about it.

Again, using someone's death to take 3rd party cheap shots is just low class stuff. Events like this separate the noble people from the Dbags. This string is a good example.
Dakich is one of yours.

Reactions: chaspark
I think it's you who is endorsing Dakich and his comments. So when Dakich says anything anti-IU...he's suddenly one of yours. How convenient.

Dakich sold his soul and says anything to stir up crap for ratings. If you endorse that behavior, including using a good man's all-too-early death, to stir the pot, then that's your moral decision to make.

Godspeed Eric Anderson. A good guy . Not enough of them around anymore.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
There is NOTHING wrong with Dakich taking a shot at the Langford family for the father taking a (in my opinion) legal, but unethical payday to run an AAU team.

HOWEVER, in my opinion embedding that shot into a comment about the untimely passing of Eric Anderson was inappropriate, and low-class.

There is NOTHING wrong with Dakich taking a shot at the Langford family for the father taking a (in my opinion) legal, but unethical payday to run an AAU team.

HOWEVER, in my opinion embedding that shot into a comment about the untimely passing of Eric Anderson was inappropriate, and low-class.
that was my point. Sad part of it is Dakich was one of the assistants who recruited Eric. I think Dakich fancies himself as the second coming of Dickie V. Except Vitale is just annoying. Dakich can't help but being an occasional D-bag.

Eric's passing is not the time or place to play one's personal agenda. Just pay tribute to Eric Anderson, who seemed like a nice guy and played hard and quite well while never being close to the best athlete on the court at IU, and leave it at that, for at least one day. Our society is really unraveling.
At least you’re here to hold us all together with your decency.

Reactions: SIBoiler2

Adidas paid his father to run a sponsored AAU team. It's the same thing as a job. There is nothing illegal about that, let alone an NCAA violation. You realize that every major grass root/AAU program gets similar funding, this isn't new. Indiana Elite I'm sure receives over $100k a year from Adidas to sponsor an AAU team. Mark Fox who is the director of that AAU program takes money for himself and why wouldn't he? It's a job. The rest of that money goes to travel expenses, gym time, pay for coaches, entry fees to tournaments, etc. Why is this news to people.

Adidas didn't just hand Romeo's dad $100k under the table and say, "here do what you want with it", they funded 22vision in which Langford was the director. That's not against the law, unless Langford took money for himself and didn't claim it as income, let alone an NCAA violation. People fail to see that.

Adidas paid his father to run a sponsored AAU team. It's the same thing as a job. There is nothing illegal about that, let alone an NCAA violation. You realize that every major grass root/AAU program gets similar funding, this isn't new. Indiana Elite I'm sure receives over $100k a year from Adidas to sponsor an AAU team. Mark Fox who is the director of that AAU program takes money for himself and why wouldn't he? It's a job. The rest of that money goes to travel expenses, gym time, pay for coaches, entry fees to tournaments, etc. Why is this news to people.

Adidas didn't just hand Romeo's dad $100k under the table and say, "here do what you want with it", they funded 22vision in which Langford was the director. That's not against the law, unless Langford took money for himself and didn't claim it as income, let alone an NCAA violation. People fail to see that.

They established a brand new top tier AAU program. For one reason, to line his dads pockets. His dad offered himself to the highest bidder. It's not like giving him a job. It's like give him a financial present.

They established a brand new top tier AAU program. For one reason, to line his dads pockets. His dad offered himself to the highest bidder. It's not like giving him a job. It's like give him a financial present.

No one is denying that. But it a) isn't illegal (criminal) and b) more importantly not against NCAA rules. Stating Romeo Langford got paid between $100-150k to go to IU is disingenuous at best and Dakich knows that. Every AAU program is enticed to send their kids to a school of the same sponsor. If Spiece Indy Heat who is sponsored by Nike and receives a large amount of money annually from Nike continually sends kids to IU or other Adidas sponsored schools you can bet your ass that Nike will one day pull the plug. AAU coaches and directors try an influence these decisions, that's why Nike, Adidas, etc pay handsome amounts to sponsor these teams. And that isn't against the rules.

Reactions: Crimson_Force

And regardless of what you say, 22Vision is a business that has to claim income tax. It's business that provides a service, call it whatever you want, but legally Romeo's dad has a legal responsibility to claim the money he took from 22Vision as income. It's a job and treated as such.

Certainly I agree with the first paragraph, but not the second. I see it not entirely as a personal thing, but people during different times as well. I understand how some could see it as a personal thing saying Eric was not for sale and Romeo was, but also how the shoe deals have grown since that time. Either way we know Romeo's was legal...unethical perhaps, but legal. I remember Purdue making a LOT of trips to recruit Eric...still too young for a guy that carried himself well on and off the court.

No one is denying that. But it a) isn't illegal (criminal) and b) more importantly not against NCAA rules. Stating Romeo Langford got paid between $100-150k to go to IU is disingenuous at best and Dakich knows that. Every AAU program is enticed to send their kids to a school of the same sponsor. If Spiece Indy Heat who is sponsored by Nike and receives a large amount of money annually from Nike continually sends kids to IU or other Adidas sponsored schools you can bet your ass that Nike will one day pull the plug. AAU coaches and directors try an influence these decisions, that's why Nike, Adidas, etc pay handsome amounts to sponsor these teams. And that isn't against the rules.

Okay. Is this better? Romeo went to the highest bidder, and it was IU. Once upon a time good players went to IU, because they wanted to play for IU.

Okay. Is this better? Romeo went to the highest bidder, and it was IU. Once upon a time good players went to IU, because they wanted to play for IU.

You're implying that IU was the one negotiating his bidding? This is an Adidas issue. IU was the beneficiary of Louisville and Kansas to an extent getting caught up in the FBI probe. Adidas and Langford reached an agreement to sponsor 22Vision well before the FBI probe came to light, before Archie Miller was even IU's coach. Again, it is disingenuous to say that Romeo is at IU because IU was the highest bidder.

Just to help you out because it's obvious something isn't clicking: IU did not pay the Langford family. Adidas (the sports apparel company, not Indiana University) sponsored the AAU program which was run by Tim Langford.

I think this bears repeating: Adidas is not Indiana University

Here's a link to the Adidas website for your reference: www.adidas.com/us
Here's a link to IU for your reference: www.indiana.edu

Let me know if you require further assistance and I'd be happy to help.

Just to help you out because it's obvious something isn't clicking: IU did not pay the Langford family. Adidas (the sports apparel company, not Indiana University) sponsored the AAU program which was run by Tim Langford.

I think this bears repeating: Adidas is not Indiana University

Here's a link to the Adidas website for your reference: www.adidas.com/us
Here's a link to IU for your reference: www.indiana.edu

Let me know if you require further assistance and I'd be happy to help.
I got to admit that made me chuckle...not as a deflection of worth, but a still a funny reply. Adding to it Kinsey has nothing to do with IU and IU has nothing to do with Bloomington .
Here's a link to IU for reference: www.indiana.edu
Here's a link to Kinsey for reference: https://kinseyinstitute.org/
Here's a link to Bloomington for reference:
https://bloomington.in.gov/

As anyone can see, they are all different. Seriously I did find the initial response entertaining.

We get that IU did not directly pay the Langford family. Adidas did. However, IU was in league with Adidas. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that because of IU's association with Adidas they received a benefit.

I watched the IU-Louisville game of Saturday. During the telecast, the announcers mentioned multiple times that Archie was Sean Miller's chief assistant in recruiting players to Arizona. They also mentioned how close that they were as brothers.

We know now based upon public info that Arizona under Miller was arranging payments to players. Arizona is the subject of both an FBI and NCAA investigation. So what we are now asked to believe is that:

1. Despite the fact that Archie was chief recruiter for Sean, and Sean was arranging payments, Archie knew nothing.

2. Despite the fact that they are reportedly very close and worked together, Archie knew nothing. They never talked about this at all at any time in reviewing the progress of recruiting.

3. Archie did not know that Adidas was funneling money to the Langford family.

The whole thing smells and you know it.

We get that IU did not directly pay the Langford family. Adidas did. However, IU was in league with Adidas. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that because of IU's association with Adidas they received a benefit.

I watched the IU-Louisville game of Saturday. During the telecast, the announcers mentioned multiple times that Archie was Sean Miller's chief assistant in recruiting players to Arizona. They also mentioned how close that they were as brothers.

We know now based upon public info that Arizona under Miller was arranging payments to players. Arizona is the subject of both an FBI and NCAA investigation. So what we are now asked to believe is that:

1. Despite the fact that Archie was chief recruiter for Sean, and Sean was arranging payments, Archie knew nothing.

2. Despite the fact that they are reportedly very close and worked together, Archie knew nothing. They never talked about this at all at any time in reviewing the progress of recruiting.

What year did Sean start funneling money to players at Arizona?

1. There's no evidence that Sean Miller is on record of facilitating payments. There's a bogus ESPN article written by Mark Schlabach claiming of such payments that was immediately debunked and the original story redacted because the timeline of events doesn't add up. Why would Sean Miller be facilitating payments on behalf of Adidas at a Nike sponsored school. If Sean Miller was on wire tap facilitating such payments he would be charged with a slew of crimes including conspiracy to commit money laundering. He has not been indicted by the FBI.

2. Archie hasn't coached with Sean Miller since the 2010-2011 season. There's zero evidence that suggests Sean Miller was illicitly recruiting during that time frame. It's your opinion and nothing more, but nothing that implicates Archie Miller.

3. Adidas wasn't funneling money to the Langford family. They were legally paying Tim Langford to run an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Every single college basketbal coachl in America knows that the major AAU program receive several thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars to run said programs. Of course IU knew that Langford's dad was receiving money to run a sponsored AAU program. It ain't cheap to run an AAU program and it ain't against NCAA rules. It isn't funneling as it is taxable income as these AAU programs are legally run businesses.

You're drawing straws and splitting hairs, there must be something wrong with your nostrils.

1. There's no evidence that Sean Miller is on record of facilitating payments. There's a bogus ESPN article written by Mark Schlabach claiming of such payments that was immediately debunked and the original story redacted because the timeline of events doesn't add up. Why would Sean Miller be facilitating payments on behalf of Adidas at a Nike sponsored school. If Sean Miller was on wire tap facilitating such payments he would be charged with a slew of crimes including conspiracy to commit money laundering. He has not been indicted by the FBI.

2. Archie hasn't coached with Sean Miller since the 2010-2011 season. There's zero evidence that suggests Sean Miller was illicitly recruiting during that time frame. It's your opinion and nothing more, but nothing that implicates Archie Miller.

3. Adidas wasn't funneling money to the Langford family. They were legally paying Tim Langford to run an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Every single college basketbal coachl in America knows that the major AAU program receive several thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars to run said programs. Of course IU knew that Langford's dad was receiving money to run a sponsored AAU program. It ain't cheap to run an AAU program and it ain't against NCAA rules. It isn't funneling as it is taxable income as these AAU programs are legally run businesses.

You're drawing straws and splitting hairs, there must be something wrong with your nostrils.
So do you have his Dad's 1099? Just curious how you determined that he claimed his AAU income. Im sure none of these guys were receiving 1099's to claim this income. If so, this technically isn't illegal but the FBI found some wrong doing or these guys wouldn't be receiving criminal charges.

And it's still unethical. I hope for your sake you feel the same. If not, I would be a little suspicious of your ethics.

Reactions: Inspector100
So do you have his Dad's 1099? Just curious how you determined that he claimed his AAU income. Im sure none of these guys were receiving 1099's to claim this income. If so, this technically isn't illegal but the FBI found some wrong doing or these guys wouldn't be receiving criminal charges.

By "these guys" do you mean people not named Tim Langford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT