ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich on Eric Anderson, "Eric didn't require $100,000 to attend iu like a current player did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if that same team is still in the AAU? Maybe this was a one year team just to show case Romeo's talent, or is it an on-going enterprise?

Does anyone know if that same team is still in the AAU? Maybe this was a one year team just to show case Romeo's talent, or is it an on-going enterprise?

Team is defunct. It absolutely was a one year deal to showcase Romeo’s talent. That’s not ever been up for debate.

I do not believe it is still a team. Btw, the forming of this AAU team allowed Jaxson Hayes (you just played him at Texas) to breakout and become a stud. He is looking at being a 1st round pick next year. So no, the team wasnt just for Romeo to show his talents.

I do not believe it is still a team. Btw, the forming of this AAU team allowed Jaxson Hayes (you just played him at Texas) to breakout and become a stud. He is looking at being a 1st round pick next year. So no, the team wasnt just for Romeo to show his talents.

And Purdue targeted Hayes hard for awhile.

Team is defunct. It absolutely was a one year deal to showcase Romeo’s talent. That’s not ever been up for debate.
So let me get this straight. Papa Langford put together an AAU team for one year as his son was being recruited. He gets $100,000+ to do this from a shoe company. Then he disbands after his son decides to go to the same shoe company's sponsored school? That sounds legit.

Looks like a duck. Quakes like a duck...

Feathers aren’t the least ruffled, I enjoy having a civil conversation. But once you can look past the fact that ethical and breaking NCAA violations aren’t one in the same, especially in this scenario, the argument makes a lot more sense. You aren’t going to achieve a sustained level of success without player(s) of Romeo’s caliber and as it stands now there hasn’t been a great deal of emphasis or demand for Purdue to reach that level of success.

I challenge you to find a post of mine where I insinuated, let alone said CMP was crap? Not sure where you got that idea. But you cannot debate that CMP hasn’t received a great deal of pressure, an ultimatum if you will, to consistently win March. Otherwise he’s not here for a 15th year never having eclipsed the S16. Until there’s a great deal of emphasis placed on Painter to consistently win in March, there’s absolutely zero reason to even attempt to engage in anything that can be construed as unethical when it comes to recruiting top level talent, because you don’t need top level talent to only occasionally win in March.

So what are you insinuating now? To get a player like Romeo, be prepared to get your hands dirty? You do what it takes to get players like Romeo? Explain what you are trying to convey here?
All I asked, putting what is legal and illegal aside, is whether or not you thought Archie/IU were apart of a chain of unethical behavior.....that's all.
You said no, even though we both agree that every one on this planet knows about it.....and allows it. So I say BS. What is the role of the NCAA ethics committee? LOL

So let me get this straight. Papa Langford put together an AAU team for one year as his son was being recruited. He gets $100,000+ to do this from a shoe company. Then he disbands after his son decides to go to the same shoe company's sponsored school? That sounds legit.

It's legal. Should it be legal? Probably not. It is though, so I'm not sure why everyone here is so worked up over it, and why this topic is being discussed for the 10th time.

It's legal. Should it be legal? Probably not. It is though, so I'm not sure why everyone here is so worked up over it, and why this topic is being discussed for the 10th time.
Only ten times? Darn it! By now we have kicked that over at least 12-15 times. It is like sticking a needle into a voodoo doll wearing candy striped pants, you know!

;)

Reactions: PU pit bull

Not only is it legit, IT DOESNT VIOLATE NCAA RULES. No, Romeo’s Langford dad didn’t just pocket $100k to send his kid to IU. Adidas funded 22 Vision $100k to run an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Every single major AAU program receives this kind of funding from their respective sponsors. I don’t know if you’ve been living under a rock, but these AAU teams play in different cities all over the country for the duration of the summer. It ain’t cheap to fly and lodge 10 kids around the country every week for an 8 week period.

Not only is it legit, IT DOESNT VIOLATE NCAA RULES. No, Romeo’s Langford dad didn’t just pocket $100k to send his kid to IU. Adidas funded 22 Vision $100k to run an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Every single major AAU program receives this kind of funding from their respective sponsors. I don’t know if you’ve been living under a rock, but these AAU teams play in different cities all over the country for the duration of the summer. It ain’t cheap to fly and lodge 10 kids around the country every week for an 8 week period.
I know all this. I am just having fun poking the bear.

By the way, do you know how much of that money went to travel and how much went into the pockets of the Langford's? Not illegal by any means, and not against NCAA rules.

By the way, do you know how much of that money went to travel and how much went into the pockets of the Langford's? Not illegal by any means, and not against NCAA rules.

I have no clue how much went directly into Langford’s pocket nor do I care. But if you play in Adidas top circuit, you’re playing in tournaments all over the country for a 2 month period. Just being real, I’m guessing the average person/family that plays on this circuit doesn’t have near the means to financially support these kind of obligations and they’re totally reliant on a budget set aside from Adidas, Nike, etc.

Reactions: I FAN U

Especially when that bear is an IU fan. I am assuming whatever $ was left over went to charity :D

I have no clue how much went directly into Langford’s pocket nor do I care. But if you play in Adidas top circuit, you’re playing in tournaments all over the country for a 2 month period. Just being real, I’m guessing the average person/family that plays on this circuit doesn’t have near the means to financially support these kind of obligations and they’re totally reliant on a budget set aside from Adidas, Nike, etc.
You don't have to care to answer the question...….damn this IU sh*t gets you riled up! I kind of wish you were a PU fan, we need that passion!

You don't have to care to answer the question...….damn this IU sh*t gets you riled up! I kind of wish you were a PU fan, we need that passion!

I literally answered the question in the first sentence; “I have no clue how much went into Langford’s pocket”. This IU shit doesn’t get me riled up, being associated with dipshit Purdue fans like yourself who have severe complexes and play the victim card get me riled up. It’s an awful look and Purdue is notorious for being represented by people like you.

I literally answered the question in the first sentence; “I have no clue how much went into Langford’s pocket”. This IU shit doesn’t get me riled up, being associated with dipshit Purdue fans like yourself who have severe complexes and play the victim card get me riled up. It’s an awful look and Purdue is notorious for being represented by people like you.

We are all honored that you are apart of this forum, and at the ready, with soapbox in hand, in case someone gets out of line. Your arrogance, though quite charming, pales in comparison to your pomposity. We are lucky to have you;)

While maybe not illegal the background of romeo, his dad, adidas, et al is questionable ethically. iu and archie have decided to win they are willing to walk that line under that cloud of suspicion. I have to agree with those who ask if you can Matt who will you get that’s better that will maintain the integrity of the program? Are we willing, to go another round or two in the tournament, to have Purdue thought of in the same light as msu, iu, kentucky, duke, arizona, auburn, et al as to their recruiting ethics?

All interesting questions ... winning vs character/ethics. Of course the best answer is what Bobinski and Brohm are doing with the football program. Maybe it can be solved as some have suggested by keeping Matt as the face of the program while adding funding for an elite recruiter who knows how to “close the deal”. Or move on from Matt looking for the “Brohm” of the basketball world.

A couple programs who “appear” to be able to win and “seem” clean are Villanova and Michigan. Are they the model?

TBH, I doubt very much of it went into his pockets if it was only 100K. I audit prisons along the eastern seaboard and have an idea of what this kind of travel costs. You’re generally looking at an average of $200+ round trip depending on the airport, $120 a night for lodging, and meal/transportation costs. Taking all that into consideration, it generally costs my company $1200 per week not including my wages.

Now, if the previous poster is correct and they do it for 10 players a week for an 8 week period, you’re looking at 96K. That doesn’t leave much left over for Tim Langford. And, as you acknowledged, it has nothing to do with IU.

Also, when he was a lock for Louisville many IU fans were crying dirty recruiting. That is a fact but when he committed to you guys it seemingly became legal and not dirty. Come on...stop having a double standard. I don't believe it broke any rules but unethical for sure.

Sure, if it reads better. The BART this time of day is next level madness. Typing on my phone while standing is tricky. Just trying to illustrate that something that may come off as unethical doesn’t necessarily violate the written law.
my intent was my last sentence where I understood how easily it is to have typos...not trying to criticize you about the mistake...I have many.

Also, when he was a lock for Louisville many IU fans were crying dirty recruiting. That is a fact but when he committed to you guys it seemingly became legal and not dirty. Come on...stop having a double standard. I don't believe it broke any rules but unethical for sure.
That's funny, because every time you guys miss on a recruit you guys cry dirty recruiting. If the player were to decommit and come to Purdue it would all of the sudden be fine.

Should I go dig up posts from when malik hall and Zeke committed to other schools?

That's funny, because every time you guys miss on a recruit you guys cry dirty recruiting. If the player were to decommit and come to Purdue it would all of the sudden be fine.

Should I go dig up posts from when malik hall and Zeke committed to other schools?
What I said is it true or not? Check on your own board. I find it funny because This is the double standard I was talking about and you obviously wiggled your way around the question.

You know it was an former iu player and coach who brought this up on his radio show, right? Why aren't you sending him a message on twitter or calling into his show to set him straight? The only person I see freaking out over this topic is you.

Was he a lock for Louisville? Did IU fans on your board claim dirty recruiting? So, I'm not sure what the problem is here.

I miss the days when iu fans could point to Kentucky/Calipari and scream things like "cheaters!". Nothing but silence from the necks in Monroe county these days. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

There for a short period they said the same for TJD when MSU looked to have gained some ground.

What I said is it true or not? Check on your own board. I find it funny because This is the double standard I was talking about and you obviously wiggled your way around the question.
It's a double standard on every board including this board. I can probably go find posts from when biggie committed to MSU saying it was dirty. You guys would loooooooove if Zeke decommitted from Arizona and committed to Purdue. Yet half this board said he was dirty.

You know it was an former iu player and coach who brought this up on his radio show, right? Why aren't you sending him a message on twitter or calling into his show to set him straight? The only person I see freaking out over this topic is you.

You realize the very first thing I said on this thread was Dakich was being disingenuous. Dakich knows IU didn't "pay" Romeo or his family anything to come to school there. He's using Adidas funding his fathers AAU program as clickbait to get ratings. It's perfectly legal.

You do realize Lil' Arch had rumors of his "recruiting techniques" being a bit shady at Dayton don't you?

The NCAA, to date anyway, has allowed this to go on. Bagley did the same thing and the NCAA knew all about it.

Maybe they shouldn’t allow it. And maybe they eventually won’t. But, so long as they do allow it, then there’s really nothing to kvetch about.

Look, the AZ thing is hardly nonsense. The Asst Coach has been indited by the Feds. There are tapes.

As for the AAU thing, it smells and you know it. The only defense that you are using is: "...there is a loophole..." That doesn't mean that is not unethical and opposed to the spirit of the regulations.

You like it because it worked for you. We get it. But you (as a group) for years complained about Calipari for cheating. And UK fans made the same claims that you do and you mocked them and called them stupid.

Eventually, the whole dirty thing is going to come out. People will go to prison. And they will try to curry favor and get a better sentence by flipping on the bigger fish. The NCAA, admittedly a joke, is taking notes.When the stuff comes out at trial, the NCAA will be forced to take action. The AAU payoff will be gone.

Some sacred cows will be slain. We already know Kansas is dirty. Auburn has its problems and they hired Pearl who already had problems. We already know about UNC and the bogus courses. You know Duke is next and UK not far behind.

The problem that IU fans have is the lust for a return to the RMK days. The difficulty is that the world has changed and it isn't likely using the RMK way. So the compromises set in (Sampson, Crean, etc.) but that hasn't worked so we move to Calipari 2.0.

The NCAA likes to present the face of the student-athlete. We know that at many places it isn't true. Evolution has gotten things more and more dirty. And eventually it will come out. Then heads will roll. Do you want to be one?

There is a difference between IU fans and IU grads. When things get embarrassing, the fans can put away the jackets, hats and t-shirts and pretend they didn't have them. But you can't put awzy the transcript.

Make IU move up the academic rankings which will make things a lot better than a Top25 ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT