ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball for Daylan Carnell

As 18 year old recruits go, they usually have a very short attention span and they don't get into all the detail sports posters with over 10,000 posts do. The KISS principle applies. . What was mizzoo's record last year ? 6-6 ? what was Purdue's 4-8 ? Which record was better ?

Odom's record at mizzoo
2016 4-8
2017 7-6 Texas bowl
2018 8-5 Liberty bowl
2019 6-6.

Ok, what was Brohm's record and bowl games the past 3 years? And no, please don't give me the 56 pages of excuses about Hazell and injuries. 18 year old recruits don't want to hear them either. they want to see the records and bowl games.

2017 (using hazell's much maligned recruits) 7-6
2018 (again blaming hazel l for a lack of talent) 6-7
2019 ( got rid of most of hazell's recruits, but totally decimated by injuries) 4-8.

as I said, which record is better? it's an easy question demanding a simple answer.

if you want to look at the past decade, Mizoo also went to the Cotton bowl twice and the Citrus bowl. and Purdue went to ????? but the injuries ………. (that excuse is getting very old. Every team has injuries. And great teams ensure they have depth and also prevent injuries.)

to the victor go the spoils.

and talking about injuries and what could have been gets boring to recruits. Typically, they look for 3 things - victories, bowl games and a path to the NFL.

Lock verses Blough - who is the better NFL QB ? I already know what your answers will be.

I' m not the one with foolish rants. My eyes are open to reality.

Not sure if you're new here, but the results have been bandied about ad nauseum... just to bring you up-to-speed.

If you haven't seriously (and rationally, if possible) analyzed them yourself, you should. Rationally.

What's more, it was Purdue, WV (5-7) and Mizzou vying for his commitment. Mizzou... an unproven coach, with a team coming off a 6-6 record. Here's a clue for you, Bigs... what they did 2 years ago, or 3 years ago, is utterly meaningless.

You're trying to hard to make some coup out of this. It's not. But, duly noted you're trying so hard.

Foolish rant? You wrote it. Not me.

Not sure if you're new here, but the results have been bandied about ad nauseum... just to bring you up-to-speed.

If you haven't seriously (and rationally, if possible) analyzed them yourself, you should. Rationally.

What's more, it was Purdue, WV (5-7) and Mizzou vying for his commitment. Mizzou... an unproven coach, with a team coming off a 6-6 record. Here's a clue for you, Bigs... what they did 2 years ago, or 3 years ago, is utterly meaningless.

You're trying to hard to make some coup out of this. It's not. But, duly noted you're trying so hard.

Foolish rant? You wrote it. Not me.
Maybe not a foolish rant but, wishful thinking and positive energy? Remember, we are fans which is short for “fanatic“. I say things on here from time to time that are completely “pipe dreams“ but it gives me hope for the future.

Every season I go into it with high hopes, kind of like a Cubs fan. Nothing wrong with that, I live in Ohio and Ohio State fan is always irrational but in a different way. I would rather be a Purdue fan where, when I lose one game my season is not a total loss! But you’re right, delusion is part of the package with us fans LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT