ADVERTISEMENT

Coy Cronk Transferring....

Huge loss no doubt, but IU is in a better position than PU to absorb the loss when it involves the OL.

Well yeah lol. Wilson didn’t leave an empty cupboard for Allen.

Purdue will have better talent at the skill positions next year but IU will have a better line.

Reactions: IUHDog
You lose several guys off your o-line though.

It is definitely a loss, acknowledged that a few times. My point was directly in response to "Especially for a program like IU. There's no way IU has the depth to just cast off a player like Cronk" ... he is saying there is "no way" yet I am pointing out that's exactly what they did in 2019.

But yea, Cronk was supposed to alleviate the sting of losing two interior guys. Crider is the only returning interior OL, although Nworah has played a lot and can be effective. Big question is can the Stanford transfer come in and make an impact, and same goes to RS FR Katic. Those will be the main guys competing.

Yeah, definitely a loss from what many of us were hoping for with next year's OL lineup. But, like others have said, we didn't expect him to be in Bloomington in 2020 at the beginning of this season (admittedly for exhausting eligibility rather than transfer), so we're just trusting that the coaches had planned to not have him around in 2020 when they've done their recruiting the last two seasons. Still, would've loved to have had him at LG in 2020.

Well yeah lol. Wilson didn’t leave an empty cupboard for Allen.

Purdue will have better talent at the skill positions next year but IU will have a better line.
Actually Wilson didn't recruit many of the returning players especially on the OL. . As for the skill positions, I'd say that Purdue has the edge at WR but IU has the edge at QB, RB, TE. This is looking at 9 months out of course.

Actually Wilson didn't recruit many of the returning players especially on the OL. . As for the skill positions, I'd say that Purdue has the edge at WR but IU has the edge at QB, RB, TE. This is looking at 9 months out of course.

Not sure how many returning guys are Wilson guys but I’m guessing it’s more than what Hazell left. I’d say Purdue has more than an edge at WR. With Rondale back, we’ll have arguably one of the best WR rooms in the conference.

Your QB room is better if Ramsey stays. Can’t bank on Penix staying healthy.

would have loved to have Cronk at Purdue.

Even if he didn't start, he would have provided quality depth and experience for IU. But like the y said, they did well without him this year and already had made plans without him for next year.

But unlike last year when he was thinking about Purdue, it didn't seem like Purdue had that much interest in him this year. So he's off to Iowa where he'll probably follow their tradition of producing NFL o-lineman. I wish him well.

Not sure how many returning guys are Wilson guys but I’m guessing it’s more than what Hazell left. I’d say Purdue has more than an edge at WR. With Rondale back, we’ll have arguably one of the best WR rooms in the conference.

QB is the key for both teams I think. I thought last year Purdue was very suspect at that position even before the season started with good WR's but who was going to get them the ball? I actually think the walk on might have been the best QB for Purdue last year. Penix is very good but needs more weight. If he can't stay healthy and Ramsay leaves Tuttle has a strong arm and is faster than Ramsay but will have to prove himself.

QB is the key for both teams I think. I thought last year Purdue was very suspect at that position even before the season started with good WR's but who was going to get them the ball? I actually think the walk on might have been the best QB for Purdue last year. Penix is very good but needs more weight. If he can't stay healthy and Ramsay leaves Tuttle has a strong arm and is faster than Ramsay but will have to prove himself.
I think you are right. Everyone wants to look at the quarterback position and thinks he needs to be mobile. But I disagree in many instances. The biggest one being I will take AOC over a mobile quarterback that makes suspect decisions or who panics too quickly. With excellent receivers a quarterback who understands the offense and doesn’t panic gives you a far better opportunity to win then the opposite

Ramsey gone

Sindelar led the nation in passing yards and TD’s after 2 games.

AOC did well but he also played lesser defenses than Plummer did

Ramsey gone

Sorry to see him leave but definitely the right decision for him. He certainly deserves to be a full time starter in his final year and that wasn't going to happen at IU. Wouldn't be shocked to see him follow Kalen DeBoer to Fresno St.

Sorry to see him leave but definitely the right decision for him. He certainly deserves to be a full time starter in his final year and that wasn't going to happen at IU. Wouldn't be shocked to see him follow Kalen DeBoer to Fresno St.

IU is putting a lot of eggs into the Penix staying healthy basket. Big drop-off from him to Tuttle.

Reactions: indy35
IU is putting a lot of eggs into the Penix staying healthy basket. Big drop-off from him to Tuttle.
Correct. We just don’t know about Tuttle. He’s worked off a little rust this past year but he has talent. Will get his shot this year. It’s not bad having 2 4 star QBs on the roster.

Definitely a big drop off in experience, not as much in talent. Tuttle has arm talent and is a good athlete. Whether that translates to the field is an unknown until he gets a chance to play.

Definitely a big drop off in experience, not as much in talent. Tuttle has arm talent and is a good athlete. Whether that translates to the field is an unknown until he gets a chance to play.

To me, it’s like us having Blough and Sindelar. When one got hurt, you had the other to fill in. You had that with Penix and Ramsey but now that’s gone. Tuttle coming in to replace Penix hypothetically reminds me of Plummer this year. Getting thrown into the fire is tough.

IU guys, who do you think you’ll land in the ‘21 class in-state? Sounds like a good chance you’ll get McGraw. Who else?

From the top 15 per 247, feeling really good about McGraw, and in good position with McCulley, Collinsworth, Montgomery, Carnell, Booker, Sales, and Steinfeldt. Not saying they will land them all but in good shape with them all.

my goodness. You guys need to stop.

You like your team. Got it. It's unnecessary to come to the Purdue forum to try to convince Purdue fans... and justify... how you see your team.

What is it that makes you so uncomfortable about talking football with fans of other teams? I personally find it boring to only interact with IU fans. I already know what they're thinking. Why can't we have good discussions about our respective teams?

To me, it’s like us having Blough and Sindelar. When one got hurt, you had the other to fill in. You had that with Penix and Ramsey but now that’s gone. Tuttle coming in to replace Penix hypothetically reminds me of Plummer this year. Getting thrown into the fire is tough.

That's a completely fair concern and why losing Ramsey is a set back. The optimistic view is that Tuttle has talent and is going into his 3rd year of college football, but it's always a guess until a guy plays.

What is it that makes you so uncomfortable about talking football with fans of other teams? I personally find it boring to only interact with IU fans. I already know what they're thinking. Why can't we have good discussions about our respective teams?

what is it with you assuming you know what other people are thinking.
I don't care if IU fans come here. I've ventured to the IU forum and had favorable interactions.

In a prior post, you wrote "it's not disrespectful of Purdue's young QBs, RBs and TEs to say that IU is better ...", yet you're the one who injected "respect" into the conversation. The prior poster simply disagreed with you. that's it. Yet, you feel it necessary to prattle on.

Now, you assume I'm .... "uncomfortable talking football with fans of other teams." That's idiotic.

we get it. You like your team. Have the discussion. You're not content with that. You follow up like people HAVE to agree with you. They don't need to. When you understand that, exchanges like this one will be completely unnecessary.

what is it with you assuming you know what other people are thinking.
I don't care if IU fans come here. I've ventured to the IU forum and had favorable interactions.

In a prior post, you wrote "it's not disrespectful of Purdue's young QBs, RBs and TEs to say that IU is better ...", yet you're the one who injected "respect" into the conversation. The prior poster simply disagreed with you. that's it. Yet, you feel it necessary to prattle on.

Now, you assume I'm .... "uncomfortable talking football with fans of other teams." That's idiotic.

we get it. You like your team. Have the discussion. You're not content with that. You follow up like people HAVE to agree with you. They don't need to. When you understand that, exchanges like this one will be completely unnecessary.

I don't need people to agree with me. I like the debate when they don 't agree with me. You can learn a lot from those with differing opinions.

Now if someone says something that I view as not serious, I'm going to say as much. To me, the difference in talent between Zander Horvath and Stevie Scott isn't particularly debatable.

You say you don't care if IU fans come here yet you consistently feel the need to interject into a football discussion board your psycho analysis of how IU fans who come to this board have a supposed need for your validation. I think that's condescending but as you note, I can't know what you're thinking. Anyway, I'm sorry to "prattle on". You're welcome to the last word in this discussion about the discussion.

Reactions: wakeman2626
I don't need people to agree with me. I like the debate when they don 't agree with me. You can learn a lot from those with differing opinions.

Now if someone says something that I view as not serious, I'm going to say as much. To me, the difference in talent between Zander Horvath and Stevie Scott isn't particularly debatable.

You say you don't care if IU fans come here yet you consistently feel the need to interject into a football discussion board your psycho analysis of how IU fans who come to this board have a supposed need for your validation. I think that's condescending but as you note, I can't know what you're thinking. Anyway, I'm sorry to "prattle on". You're welcome to the last word in this discussion about the discussion.

Except, there wasn't a debate. Just simple disagreement, which you had to follow up. That was my point.

From the top 15 per 247, feeling really good about McGraw, and in good position with McCulley, Collinsworth, Montgomery, Carnell, Booker, Sales, and Steinfeldt. Not saying they will land them all but in good shape with them all.

Nice pick-up today. I think we’ll land Collinsworth, McCulley, Karlaftis, and Richards.

Reactions: Purdue85
Nice pick-up today. I think we’ll land Collinsworth, McCulley, Karlaftis, and Richards.

Based on very little firsthand info I give you guys the lead on Collinsworth but I don’t think either has really pulled ahead on McCulley.

what’s the latest on Yanni? At one point I thought it was rumored he likely wouldn’t go to Purdue but I guess that’s changed?

Based on very little firsthand info I give you guys the lead on Collinsworth but I don’t think either has really pulled ahead on McCulley.

what’s the latest on Yanni? At one point I thought it was rumored he likely wouldn’t go to Purdue but I guess that’s changed?

I think most folks feel pretty confident we’ll land Yanni. Especially after George’s all-American season.

Reactions: Purdue85

You're right about Yanni. I believe he grew up UM fan. GK wasn't favoring Purdue until later in his recruitment.

I don't think there's any new info out there. But, having a brother so successful at Purdue... and going to high school a block away from Ross Ade stadium... and having GK in his ear... and likely coming in and getting immediate PT (possibly as a starter), it's easy to believe Purdue's status has jumped markedly.
EDIT: 24/7 currently shows he's 50% Crystal Ball to Purdue

Last edited:

In a year where it looks like there is a deep pool of in state talent, the early signs are that both teams are positioned to land some high end kids that in past years were not staying home.

In a year where it looks like there is a deep pool of in state talent, the early signs are that both teams are positioned to land some high end kids that in past years were not staying home.

who do you guys feel most confident about?

hopefully you realize Horvath won’t see the field next year unless there’s another rash of injuries. I’ll take Dorue and Murphy any day

Reactions: tenwest
hopefully you realize Horvath won’t see the field next year unless there’s another rash of injuries. I’ll take Dorue and Murphy any day

That's a good point. I'd still take Scott and James but Purdue's running game has to improve with Deroe and Murphy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT