ADVERTISEMENT

Coy Cronk Transferring....

I don't see why it makes any practical sense for him to come here. He'd start at either place so nothing is to be gained there. IU was better than us last year, so it's not like it's a clear upgrade for the quality of the team. It's not like he'd be part of a dominant offensive line at either school to help highlight him for the pros.

In short, if he wants to come here, there has to be reasons away from football that we don't really see. Last offseason, you could at least say that he wanted to swap and be on the winning end of the rivalry after we had beaten them 2 straight. Aside from him being from here, I don't see any good reason for him to end up back here.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I don't see why it makes any practical sense for him to come here. He'd start at either place so nothing is to be gained there. IU was better than us last year, so it's not like it's a clear upgrade for the quality of the team. It's not like he'd be part of a dominant offensive line at either school to help highlight him for the pros.

In short, if he wants to come here, there has to be reasons away from football that we don't really see. Last offseason, you could at least say that he wanted to swap and be on the winning end of the rivalry after we had beaten them 2 straight. Aside from him being from here, I don't see any good reason for him to end up back here.
Or he knows their offense is going back into the toilet with the loss of Deboer and ours, with a solid O line, could be nearly unstoppable.

1. His best friend for one is Jackson Anthrop.
2. He nearly came here last year
3. Even he knows Purdue should be lethal on offense next year and will make a huge jump

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Or he knows their offense is going back into the toilet with the loss of Deboer and ours, with a solid O line, could be nearly unstoppable.

That's our hope anyway. I'm not sure an objective person would view it quite the same way, particularly in regards to IU. Lots left to be determined there. Maybe it does go south, but not necessarily.

I don't normally read or comment on their board, but there's a lot of red ass going on over there right now. Half say he's going to Alabama or the NFL, the other half say they were better off without him. A bunch of football savants..

Is he being squeezed out of play by younger players? Maybe he is transferring because of possible loss of playing time?

Interesting. I wonder if he did come to Purdue, would it be the first time of a transfer from one rival to another? I'm also curious if Nat100 got banned. :)

Is he being squeezed out of play by younger players? Maybe he is transferring because of possible loss of playing time?

He would be moving to OG next year at IU but still starting, but OG is his best shot at the NFL too so I'm not sure why that would be the issue.

I don't normally read or comment on their board, but there's a lot of red ass going on over there right now. Half say he's going to Alabama or the NFL, the other half say they were better off without him. A bunch of football savants..
Are the people commenting over there the same ones that prefer her not to show up and sit where the geese crap prior to the game?

Maybe, just maybe, he always wanted to play college football for his hometown favorites with his fellow state champion and best friend, but our illustrious previous staff failed to even offer him, perhaps afraid to draw critics like so many on here by signing “another small-school player.” Great foresight on a four-year Big Ten starter and Outland Trophy candidate, eh?

Any rumors about possible destinations? Local kid, somebody here has to be hearing something..

Nope. He was a 4-year starter and would’ve played next year no doubt.
It is baffling...IU is set at tackle with Bedford and Jones and personally I always thought Coy would be better at guard. I'm sure as a captain he had a long conversation with Allen and they came to a conclusion that it would be better to move on...Not sure why, but best of luck to him he was a great player for IU.

I hate to lose Cronk, I was really hoping to have him back to bolster the line losing the three interior guys from this season.

It'd be tough for us to see him in a Boiler uniform, but you'd be getting a good one (you obviously know this) and it would be a major boon for your OL to get some ready to play experience while your young guys mature.

Wild speculation, but I'd guess he'll other go home (PU) or to some national power where he can at least get major exposure to take his shot at the NFL. I don't see Iowa State doing much for his future, whatever his career ends up being.

I hate to lose Cronk, I was really hoping to have him back to bolster the line losing the three interior guys from this season.

It'd be tough for us to see him in a Boiler uniform, but you'd be getting a good one (you obviously know this) and it would be a major boon for your OL to get some ready to play experience while your young guys mature.

Wild speculation, but I'd guess he'll other go home (PU) or to some national power where he can at least get major exposure to take his shot at the NFL. I don't see Iowa State doing much for his future, whatever his career ends up being.

Very fair post. Refreshing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT