ADVERTISEMENT

Could Rondale Win the Heisman??

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I posted a thread questioning everyone whether Rondale would return or not, and most people thought there was no chance.
I thought I would see how my luck would be with another Rondale thread. This award normally goes to a QB or RB, and WRs don't normally win it, but Rondale is a multi faceted playmaker. Could Rondale win the Heisman this year?

He is the most electrifying player in college football. He is going to have all eyes on him. It has been a crazy year for everyone, so I am going to say that he has a shot. I hope Purdue is working on a big campaign for him now that he has decided to come back.

What do you think?

If this actually happens, I think my next thing is going to be a purchase of a lottery ticket.

No, the favorites will be baked in before we play a game.

The Heisman stopped being about the best player DECADES ago. If Chris Weinke can win a Heisman over Drew Brees, then the Heisman has no credibilty.

who should have won?

playerA:
Comp: 61.7%
yds: 4170
TD/int: 33/11
Team wins: 11

player B:
Comp: 60.4%
yds: 3670
TD/int: 26/12
Team wins: 8

Reactions: cidsports
The only way it happens is a nine or ten win season during which he is as dominant as he was as a freshman.

i don’t know if Purdue needs to get in the playoff, but they certainly need to be really good. I think it’ll be hard staying in the spotlight without playing any of the big boys.

Reactions: TMFT
For what it's worth, I now run a sports book in Illinois. Odds on the Heisman have not yet been updated to include Rondale. There are 44 players on the list, including Fields, Martinez, and Morgan. Fields and Trevor are co-favorites.

I would expect Moore to get on that list at some point, but pretty low.

Our odds for the B1G championship have not changed.

i don’t know if Purdue needs to get in the playoff, but they certainly need to be really good. I think it’ll be hard staying in the spotlight without playing any of the big boys.
100% this.

For Moore to win the Heisman:
1) He has to get the yardage/TDs like his Freshman year
2) He'll need some more rushing yards
3) He might need to even return kicks or punts or something (although I wouldn't recommend it) to be able to produce more yards/TDs
4) PU needs to have a really good record. Like 7-2 or 8-1.

If he's able to build on his freshman year and PU made the playoff, I think there'd be a really strong case for him. But he certainly won't be able to pull it off from the WR position with a 5 or 6 win season unless he goes for something crazy like 2,500 combined rushing/receiving.

Reactions: Inspector100
Not sure he'll win, but it would be nice to see him at least get the invite to NYC (if they have it in NYC this year).

I posted a thread questioning everyone whether Rondale would return or not, and most people thought there was no chance.
I thought I would see how my luck would be with another Rondale thread. This award normally goes to a QB or RB, and WRs don't normally win it, but Rondale is a multi faceted playmaker. Could Rondale win the Heisman this year?

He is the most electrifying player in college football. He is going to have all eyes on him. It has been a crazy year for everyone, so I am going to say that he has a shot. I hope Purdue is working on a big campaign for him now that he has decided to come back.

What do you think?

If this actually happens, I think my next thing is going to be a purchase of a lottery ticket.
Can he? Certainly. Will he? Kind of doubt it although so far no player that has played has really stood out so far. You can cross Spencer Rattler from OK off the list. The transfer QB at Miami has looked good at times.

Can he? Certainly. Will he? Kind of doubt it although so far no player that has played has really stood out so far. You can cross Spencer Rattler from OK off the list. The transfer QB at Miami has looked good at times.
Ehlinger
Lawrence
Fields
Costello

Those will be the 4 finalists IMO

No, the favorites will be baked in before we play a game.

The Heisman stopped being about the best player DECADES ago. If Chris Weinke can win a Heisman over Drew Brees, then the Heisman has no credibilty.
Didnt realize Burrow was among the favorites headed into last year. Also, Weinke's stats were better that year.

Ehlinger
Lawrence
Fields
Costello

Those will be the 4 finalists IMO
That is a good list. Costello in The Mad Scientist's offense at Mississippi State will put up big numbers. Will they win enough games to make him a finalist? Don't know about Ehlinger. Texas will lose a game or two they shouldn't. They barely beat Texas Tech the other day.

Lawrence and Fields certainly will get a hard look. They have to win and put up good numbers, which they likely will.

King at Miami will get a look if they keep winning.

If Rondale comes on strong out of the gate he will start getting mentions for the Heisman.

who should have won?

playerA:
Comp: 61.7%
yds: 4170
TD/int: 33/11
Team wins: 11

player B:
Comp: 60.4%
yds: 3670
TD/int: 26/12
Team wins: 8
Dont let facts get in the way of a good whine.

Weinke had FSU players around him. Brees had Seth Morales.

A few days ago I was looking back at some stats for Brees' SR year, and was surprised to see that Seth caught only 2 TDs that year. One will never be forgotten!

Vinnie had 13 and Standeford 6.

To your point, Brees had some good receivers, but nowhere near the talent of FSU. Although, it would be interesting to compare O-lines.

Reactions: Abugabby
A few days ago I was looking back at some stats for Brees' SR year, and was surprised to see that Seth caught only 2 TDs that year. One will never be forgotten!

Vinnie had 13 and Standeford 6.

To your point, Brees had some good receivers, but nowhere near the talent of FSU. Although, it would be interesting to compare O-lines.

Brees also had the best TE in the nation that year in Stratton

Not at the moment. We're short one ticket writer but we're supposed to get someone from another department by next week. It's not a real big operation, especially since the industry is opening up and becoming more mobile-based all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT