ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Painter

Feb 25, 2010
In hindsight brilliant red shirting the 2 frosh. Has a team that was NOT going to make the NCAA tourney this year. Look what has happened... Many posters commented how lousy college BBall was this year. I was not going to watch much of the tourney.

Since no tournament. Technically Purdue did not break it's streak of 5 years making tourney. On other hand IU has now missed Tourney 4 years.

YES I feel for Seniors on all the tourney teams, But what if say Kansas had won it. With all their FBI reported scandal. Looking forward to Purdue BBall next season.

Reactions: Neildouglass
In hindsight brilliant red shirting the 2 frosh. Has a team that was NOT going to make the NCAA tourney this year. Look what has happened... Many posters commented how lousy college BBall was this year. I was not going to watch much of the tourney.

Since no tournament. Technically Purdue did not break it's streak of 5 years making tourney. On other hand IU has now missed Tourney 4 years.

YES I feel for Seniors on all the tourney teams, But what if say Kansas had won it. With all their FBI reported scandal. Looking forward to Purdue BBall next season.
Purdue's streak of S16 or better in the NCAAs is also still in tact.

Maybe now would be a good time for the NCAA to punish Kansas and others !! No tournament for .. oh wait, nevermind

seriously though, this summer may be a good time to address the issues at Kansas, Arizona, LSU, etc
Rest assured that the NCAA will be on top of this, which is why PUFW, Montana State, and Bryant will be facing post-season bans and scholarship losses shortly.

Congrats on 1 Elite 8 in over 15 seasons, same as Arch when he was at Dayton (in a lot fewer seasons).
That is pretty bad that you are bringing up the accomplishments of a coach at another school, where he currently does not coach and has done nothing in the post season for his current school. He did beat Nebraska in the BT tournament though. He does have a couple of NIT wins too.

Last edited:
Purdue's streak of S16 or better in the NCAAs is also still in tact.

Also, making the tournament for 5 straight years.

It may not seem significant, but there's only 10 programs that have gone to the tournament 5 or more straight years.

And only 13 programs have made the tournament more than 3 years in a row.

Hence why it's normal to have a "reload" year every now and then. Very un-Purdue-like, but Purdue actually timed its "worst" team in the last several years to the one year where it really didn't matter....

what's the saying, better lucky than good, with respect to the redshirts. it worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT