ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment #4?

Not an exact science but it is right much more often than not. There's a reason that the teams who get more 4/5 stars are typically better teams. Easy to get in trouble looking at a low star guy (Derrick Barnes, for example) that worked and throw stars out the window.
Definitely not throwing stars out the window. I would love 8-10 4 stars in this class. I believe we had 5 this last year.

I believe that we have the possibility of some of these recruits we are going after with multiple offers and being a 3 star could be changed to a 4 star too later on. Carr has moved up from a 3 to a 4 star recently.

Maybe #4 will jump on board this weekend. Karpick sure is being stingy on who has been officially visiting.

I saw that a WR out of NJ is visiting this weekend, Max Melton. I don't know anything about him except what I just read on 247. He is a three star ranked around the 150th best wr accroding to them Also, in the last two days, all of the experts posted a CB pick for him to Purdue. Maybe this is the next commit, but seems a bit strange, but then again, I don't know anything else about him.

From all the crystal ball picks and tweets this week, it would not surprise me if that might have happened.

Don’t forget his tweet at Purdy. Not to mention the offer by Painter to play basketball.

Anything can happen. Just last year we had a WR commit to us and then flip before announcing to play LB at OSU. But right now it seems like Carr might be ours at this point. Which would be a real good thing. Especially if he can pull some of the other elite Michigan players.

I saw that a WR out of NJ is visiting this weekend, Max Melton. I don't know anything about him except what I just read on 247. He is a three star ranked around the 150th best wr accroding to them Also, in the last two days, all of the experts posted a CB pick for him to Purdue. Maybe this is the next commit, but seems a bit strange, but then again, I don't know anything else about him.
Recruiting Melton as a CB prospect. New Jersey state champ in the 55m.

Without any changes, how many scholarships approximately do we have available? We have 3 verbals (and a possible silent verbal in Carr), and 2 blue shirts. We have 10-12 openings?

One area we really need that we have not had many prospect names show up yet is DT. We definitely lose Neal next year.

I was not aware of Warren and don’t know much about him. I was aware of Austin and know we have been on him for quite sometime. I even thought he might be an early verbal, but did not happen. Would be a nice pickup. I think Oxendine is going to be hard to beat a couple of SEC teams for him. I would assume we would want a couple of DTs in this class. We don’t have have much depth at this position.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I would say everything is pointing to Carr. From CB picks to tweeting Purdy and retweeting the latest 2021 QB
Things look really really good with Purdue. He’s not announced until Oct 11th though. Bet it’s a David Bell situation where the coaches have been giving a commitment but it won’t be public until much later.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
A good guess for the next commitment would be Marcus Harper. He makes his announcement June 27. He just got done with Purdue visit, Oregon I think is today, and I believe he has one more planned. Not sure if we get him or not but his date is coming up soon.

Definitely one to watch, as he has had some very good camps. Would be a big get.

A good guess for the next commitment would be Marcus Harper. He makes his announcement June 27. He just got done with Purdue visit, Oregon I think is today, and I believe he has one more planned. Not sure if we get him or not but his date is coming up soon.

Definitely one to watch, as he has had some very good camps. Would be a big get.

I’m with you on this one! Made his announcement about when he was committing shortly after the Purdue visit (which is normally a good sign).

I’m with you on this one! Made his announcement about when he was committing shortly after the Purdue visit (which is normally a good sign).
It may happen with Marcus. Even if it doesn't, we know it will happen sometime in the near future.

Brohm said this would be a slower June, and it has been. However, we know that we are going after a class that will be smaller, and we are also going after multiple 4 star that we have big competition for.

It has been fun for the last couple of years in June to have new recruits to discuss everyday, but if we are going to take our team to the next level, then we need to have a similar class next year to what we have coming in this year or even better.

Reactions: 72Boiler
This weekend is the largest number of visitors so far this month. Could this be the weekend we get our next verbal?

I’m hoping for Chris Mayo that huge OL. Trenches and Coach Williams mentioned in the tweet. Fingers crossed. Boiler Up! Bigs would be happy. Has anyone seen Bigs?

He is currently a 2 star. It said he had an impressive camp on Monday. I guess he will move up in stars or is a diamond in the rough?
Higher rated on 247. Coaches liked him enough to extend an offer and accept his commitment.

I am confident that Brohm and co. are not accepting commitments from Plan B guys this time of year - particularly with what will end up being a relatively small class. Regardless of ranking/stars, they apparently feel that he is the right fit for what they want to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT