ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment #4?

I believe ESPN did a 30 over 30 on him a few months back. He had been having major health issues. His son was like 14 now and he was a QB.

AKA "hefty Lefty", AKA "The Pillsbury Throwboy", AKA "He Ate Me" (my favorite), AKA "Battleship Lorenzen", AKA "The Abominable Throwman". I once watched a game where it took three guys (that he was dragging) to finally bring him down. Really had some pretty nice footwork for a guy his size. I can't remember if it was his accuracy that kept him out of PT in the pros.
his baby picture was taken via satellite, one day he was standing in the middle of the street and cops came up and told him to break it up.

None are like this.

SecretBrownEelelephant-size_restricted.gif
Dual Threat QB & Offensive Tackle...has good feet.

Okay, is it fairly soon, yet? Have you heard anything since last Friday?
no, just know Brohm felt good about him and wants him. Have to admit I thought this would have happened by now. I know they like that St. Lous QB as well.

That is what I get for gloating about insider info on the free board I guess :( . Could still happen soon, but Prater may not be the 4th :eek:

no, just know Brohm felt good about him and wants him. Have to admit I thought this would have happened by now. I know they like that St. Lous QB as well.

That is what I get for gloating about insider info on the free board I guess :( . Could still happen soon, but Prater may not be the 4th :eek:

If you read the stuff on him and looked at his twitter, he made it clear he wanted to visit MSU first and plans to do it this summer. I have no doubt Brohm and company made a huge push, and their was mutual interest. But there was a reason why I said I didn’t think it would be soon if it didn’t happen during the visit.

Prater is better served at Purdue with how and by whom he will be developed. But, Illinois just got some elite commitments for their offense and they are the laughing stock of the Big. 18 year olds make decisions different than adults, and they have pressure coming from all over the place.

I think there are a few QBs Purdue is very high on, but I don’t think they go reaching if they don’t get who they want. Better to pocket it at that point. As you said, they just brought that kid in for Missouri (Mekhi Hagens) on a visit and it felt like had Purdue leaned a little harder on him, he would have committed. Definitely one to keep an eye on behind Prater and Van Dyke. A little shorter at 6’3 and listed as a dual threat.

If you read the stuff on him and looked at his twitter, he made it clear he wanted to visit MSU first and plans to do it this summer. I have no doubt Brohm and company made a huge push, and their was mutual interest. But there was a reason why I said I didn’t think it would be soon if it didn’t happen during the visit.

Prater is better served at Purdue with how and by whom he will be developed. But, Illinois just got some elite commitments for their offense and they are the laughing stock of the Big. 18 year olds make decisions different than adults, and they have pressure coming from all over the place.

I think there are a few QBs Purdue is very high on, but I don’t think they go reaching if they don’t get who they want. Better to pocket it at that point. As you said, they just brought that kid in for Missouri (Mekhi Hagens) on a visit and it felt like had Purdue leaned a little harder on him, he would have committed. Definitely one to keep an eye on behind Prater and Van Dyke. A little shorter at 6’3 and listed as a dual threat.
And they could always look at a grad transfer QB from a Power 5 program. Don't think we've been down that path before for the position, would be interesting to see who we could shake out.

We might need one as insurance. Sindelar hasnt made it through a season healthy yet.

The last 3 QBs Purdue signed all have looked very good. Even if Sindelar goes down, Purdue will be in young but good hands. All three have cannons for arms. It will come down to who takes care of the football better.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
The last 3 QBs Purdue signed all have looked very good. Even if Sindelar goes down, Purdue will be in young but good hands. All three have cannons for arms. It will come down to who takes care of the football better.
Sipe is injured and was probably getting passed up. Plummer is young. New guy (Pfieri?) apparently was really raw during spring.

a one year deal wouldnt hurt. Would have to be the right guy

Sipe is injured and was probably getting passed up. Plummer is young. New guy (Pfieri?) apparently was really raw during spring.

a one year deal wouldnt hurt. Would have to be the right guy

We are talking about next year’s class. How a redshirt freshman and true freshman looked during a spring practice a year and a half before the ‘20 is kind of important, but the flashes are what you look for. And Plummer made some really nice throws and so did the new guy. It’s unlikely that Sipe will be hurt all of this year and next year.

I am looking at the potential, and also factoring in having a healthy Moore, Bell, and Wright as weapons will make them look better. So again, I think the 3 new guys look like the real deal. I really like Plummer but Sipe is going to give him a fight for the next QB. I don’t think they lower their standards just to take a QB. A grad transfer can fill in down the line if need be, but hopefully you can land an elite prospect in the following class and have them ready to fill in if and when the opportunity presents itself.

I like grad transfers on the line and those whom brohm previously coached who are familiar with his system. We've got Sindelar and three young back-ups, and two walk ons at QB. I believe we'll be ok.

Reactions: AugustaBoiler90
Sometimes you need to get a backup instead of looking for everyone to start. The last couple were not the typical Purdue style QB's and there is a reason they were looked at. The practice squad needs a player that is not the same style this teams plays, and that is for the defense to practice. I would not be surprised to see Purdue take one of these guys for the practice squad and that will help the defense a lot.

Reactions: LLaswell
He is taking it as an official visit. He went on a spring break tour and visited LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia to name a few.

ISC tweeted his visit and said he was 6’4 225 and he retweeted it saying 240*.

I retweeted his visit post and said we needed a dominant player to line up on the other side of GK and he liked it.

But to answer your question I don’t know if the visit was two days ago or this weekend.

Reactions: AugustaBoiler90
I live in Wyoming, OH., where Prater goes to school. He is a great talent (we won div.4 State Championship) but he definitely needs to add a lot of bulk. I figured that he would have to be a wr or db at the next level, especially at div.1.

I gained 40lbs since the end of January so I’ll take a skinny kid with talent...
(Obviously didn’t gain the type of weight you’re talking about )
but still, bulk is much easier to acquire than talent

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Trouble Williams is announcing on 4/29/19. Purdue should be in consideration and with him making a soonish announcement, he would be a good bet for the next commitment. Physical wide receiver with decent size (6’2) and big hands. I like our chances and he would be a very good pull. Michigan is a very important state this cycle and a guy like Trouble will help bring in other recruits from that state.

Evan Prater made a comment on twitter that his commitment is going to be a very hard decision. I believe Purdue is one of the favorites to land him, but that will be a nerve racking process.

Greg Hudgens seems to be very high on Purdue as well. Very high on Purdue with his visit. Any time you can land a 4 star lineman, you consider that a win. Not sure when he will make the decision, but have to believe Purdue will be there in that final group.

Trouble Williams is announcing on 4/29/19. Purdue should be in consideration and with him making a soonish announcement, he would be a good bet for the next commitment. Physical wide receiver with decent size (6’2) and big hands. I like our chances and he would be a very good pull. Michigan is a very important state this cycle and a guy like Trouble will help bring in other recruits from that state.

Evan Prater made a comment on twitter that his commitment is going to be a very hard decision. I believe Purdue is one of the favorites to land him, but that will be a nerve racking process.

Greg Hudgens seems to be very high on Purdue as well. Very high on Purdue with his visit. Any time you can land a 4 star lineman, you consider that a win. Not sure when he will make the decision, but have to believe Purdue will be there in that final group.
For some reason, Cinci is in play. Dont get it and they are my second team.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Williams announce a commitment to IU. With our recruiting haul at WR last year, you can bet that teams are using that against us on the recruiting trail.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Williams announce a commitment to IU. With our recruiting haul at WR last year, you can bet that teams are using that against us on the recruiting trail.

IU? IU would be his most difficult path to the pros. They have a defensive minded head coach on the hot seat and that would be a concern.

IU fans don’t even want to watch an IU football game. That would not be a good place for exposure. Not to mention, the players he wants to play with have zero interest in IU.

Yes, Purdue got a very nice haul at the WR. But, there is always room for a player with his ability. And if he wasn’t able to break through what we have, then it would be better if he went elsewhere. I just don’t think that is the case though.

IU? IU would be his most difficult path to the pros. They have a defensive minded head coach on the hot seat and that would be a concern.

IU fans don’t even want to watch an IU football game. That would not be a good place for exposure. Not to mention, the players he wants to play with have zero interest in IU.

Yes, Purdue got a very nice haul at the WR. But, there is always room for a player with his ability. And if he wasn’t able to break through what we have, then it would be better if he went elsewhere. I just don’t think that is the case though.
IUs oc is the same guy that recruited the haul of WR at ole miss.

FWIW, the Detroit Free Press is predicting IU.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...an-high-school-football-prospects/3454393002/

according to that, we're getting shut out of Michigan. Only one player even had interest in Purdue. Everybody else was a toss between mich and OSU and PSU thrown in once. no other schools were even mentioned other than Williams for IU. that article sure seems slanted.
If we could only get Carr out of Michigan this year (even though I would like to have more), I would count it a major success. Found this interesting. It would be the EndGame for secondaries with him, Bell, Wright, and Moore on the field together.

Mäłįq “Thę Frêåk”5️⃣ Čãrr‏@CarrMaliq 9h9 hours ago
#BoilerUp #HammerDown

D4h3E1rX4AESVHk.jpg

16 replies 34 retweets 436 likes

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
If we could only get Carr out of Michigan this year (even though I would like to have more), I would count it a major success. Found this interesting. It would be the EndGame for secondaries with him, Bell, Wright, and Moore on the field together.

Mäłįq “Thę Frêåk”5️⃣ Čãrr‏@CarrMaliq 9h9 hours ago
#BoilerUp #HammerDown

D4h3E1rX4AESVHk.jpg

16 replies 34 retweets 436 likes

Carr is one of the best receiver prospects in the nation with his size and speed. Landing this guy would be huge, because he will one of the best receivers in the Big (if not the best). He is that good.

Michigan is a very important state this year and landing a big time recruit like Carr would go a very long way.

I believe he is going to commit sometime around October, so this will be a wait and see, but Brohm would absolutely hold a spot for this young man.

Incredible edit btw. Best I have seen all year.

Carr is one of the best receiver prospects in the nation with his size and speed. Landing this guy would be huge, because he will one of the best receivers in the Big (if not the best). He is that good.

Michigan is a very important state this year and landing a big time recruit like Carr would go a very long way.

I believe he is going to commit sometime around October, so this will be a wait and see, but Brohm would absolutely hold a spot for this young man.

Incredible edit btw. Best I have seen all year.
He’s going to eat his way into a TE. Pretty sure that’s what Michigan is looking at him for

It seems like it's been a little dry on recruiting news the last bunch of days. Anything of note that I wouldn't have seen on Twitter? More looking at when any of our top targets are planning to commit.

There's a couple announcements by o-lineman and d-lineman toward the end of the month. QB Van Dyke seems to be leaning to Syracuse.

Something we haven't talked about much. brohm receives a nice bonus for having a top 25 recruiting class. Since this class ill be smaller in size than his previous 3 classes, Brohm may be more willing to wait for commitments from more 4/5 star athletes than to accept commitments now from lesser 3 star athletes ready and willing to commit.

My guess is the two linebackers from last year's class don't count towards this year's recruiting class ranking, but the y do count against our available scholarships. the same would hold true with Cronk and any other grad transfer.

With that said, if brohm wants his bonus, he may be a little more picky this year and also willing to wait. he also may feel confident if he doesn't land those 4/5 star athletes he wants, that he'll be able to flip any 3 star that commits early to another program later in the year.

Reactions: ChuckJr
There's a couple announcements by o-lineman and d-lineman toward the end of the month. QB Van Dyke seems to be leaning to Syracuse.

Something we haven't talked about much. brohm receives a nice bonus for having a top 25 recruiting class. Since this class ill be smaller in size than his previous 3 classes, Brohm may be more willing to wait for commitments from more 4/5 star athletes than to accept commitments now from lesser 3 star athletes ready and willing to commit.

My guess is the two linebackers from last year's class don't count towards this year's recruiting class ranking, but the y do count against our available scholarships. the same would hold true with Cronk and any other grad transfer.

With that said, if brohm wants his bonus, he may be a little more picky this year and also willing to wait. he also may feel confident if he doesn't land those 4/5 star athletes he wants, that he'll be able to flip any 3 star that commits early to another program later in the year.
What reference is the top 25 recruiting class bonus based on, Rivals, or is it an average of all recruiting service companies rankings combined?

Stolen from a random article upon googling the topic...

Under the terms of his contract, Brohm will get a $45,000 bonus because the class was ranked among the nation’s 25 best by at least one of the outlets specified in an incentive provision of his agreement. The group was 25th in both the ESPN and 247Sports Composite rankings. (It was ranked 26th by rivals.com, the other outlet listed in the agreement.)

It seems like it's been a little dry on recruiting news the last bunch of days. Anything of note that I wouldn't have seen on Twitter? More looking at when any of our top targets are planning to commit.

Trouble and Young are committing the same day. If I were to guess on Young I would say OSU or Kentucky. Trouble is a toss up. He didn’t make an announcement right after a visit or tip his hand at all. I know he likes Purdue and I know Purdue likes him. Once they make their decisions, my guess is there will be another lul until the grad transfer thing gets figured out. Then it will really pick up in June around the camps. There are a few players making later decisions that Purdue will wait for, but not many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT