ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment #4?

Any speculation on who the QB visitor will be? McQuarrie?

Edit: Maybe Tyler Van Dyke?

Last edited:
Any speculation on who the QB visitor will be? McQuarrie?

Edit: Maybe Tyler Van Dyke?

My guess is Van Dyke. They are very high on him and he visited last month.

I think Evan Prater the 6’5 dual threat is more likely than Mcquarrie. I don’t see Mcquarrie rushing the process.

Prater is @ evan_prater and Van Dyke is @ tyler_van_dyke for those interested. Mcquarrie is @ pbmcquarrie. Those are the three big QB targets, but I think they have their sights on Van Dyke.

247Sports had a pick to Syracuse for Van Dyke yesterday. I don’t see him going to Syracuse though unless he has a family connection there.

Not QB related but Jutahn McClain is coming in tomorrow. 5’10 180 top 400 All purpose RB from Ohio.

Prater is from Ohio. I know people from the same state like to travel together. So that may be a bit conspiracy theorist... but if one highly rated dude from Ohio is coming, and the other is a target at the position that was hinted, why not him? We will know more tomorrow. And I don’t think it was a promise from Eron, just a promise he would push for that commitment. We will know more tomorrow?

well, prater was at our camp last year. brohm has visited him at his school and he came to campus this week. much like painter's recruiting, we were basically the first big time offer he received.

He's listed as a dual threat QB. but he mentioned MSU and Duke. Aren't they also more of a pro set offense? he talks about MSU being a national power, and Duke developing QBs.

he'd make a nice addition.

well, prater was at our camp last year. brohm has visited him at his school and he came to campus this week. much like painter's recruiting, we were basically the first big time offer he received.

He's listed as a dual threat QB. but he mentioned MSU and Duke. Aren't they also more of a pro set offense? he talks about MSU being a national power, and Duke developing QBs.

he'd make a nice addition.
He would be a nice pickup. I hope we get him.

My question is about Duke developing QBs. Who have they developed?

while I'd love for Prater to commit to Purdue, it seems like he's receiving a lot of new attention lately, and it may take him awhile to sort through all of the new offers before making a decision.

I do believe we will have commitment #4 this weekend after the Spring game.

I'd love for it to happen. I just believe he will take some time to sort through his offers while another player may commit sooner.

I live in Wyoming, OH., where Prater goes to school. He is a great talent (we won div.4 State Championship) but he definitely needs to add a lot of bulk. I figured that he would have to be a wr or db at the next level, especially at div.1.

I live in Wyoming, OH., where Prater goes to school. He is a great talent (we won div.4 State Championship) but he definitely needs to add a lot of bulk. I figured that he would have to be a wr or db at the next level, especially at div.1.

He has the arm talent and he needs to go someplace that can develop him and be patient. Purdue would be a perfect fit for him.

The book says in his state championship game he ran for 250 and threw for 150. I'm not sure what his other stats during the season were.

I haven't watched him play but many college coaches have and they like what they see!

There are a lot of guys that are fats with a good arm, there are NOT a lot of guys like Heisman-winning Lamar Jackson. He would be a great get for this class, but lets not get crazy... yet

None are like this.

SecretBrownEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

AKA "hefty Lefty", AKA "The Pillsbury Throwboy", AKA "He Ate Me" (my favorite), AKA "Battleship Lorenzen", AKA "The Abominable Throwman". I once watched a game where it took three guys (that he was dragging) to finally bring him down. Really had some pretty nice footwork for a guy his size. I can't remember if it was his accuracy that kept him out of PT in the pros.

AKA "hefty Lefty", AKA "The Pillsbury Throwboy", AKA "He Ate Me" (my favorite), AKA "Battleship Lorenzen", AKA "The Abominable Throwman". I once watched a game where it took three guys (that he was dragging) to finally bring him down. Really had some pretty nice footwork for a guy his size. I can't remember if it was his accuracy that kept him out of PT in the pros.
He backed up Eli and Payton. He was never going to get snaps behind those two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT