ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment #4?

John Young, OL from Christian Academy in Louisville where Wright played, is announcing in a week. It is 100% crystal ball forecast for UK right now. This may change, but it is looking like UK is the likely designation. I really hoped he would go with us.

John Young, OL from Christian Academy in Louisville where Wright played, is announcing in a week. It is 100% crystal ball forecast for UK right now. This may change, but it is looking like UK is the likely designation. I really hoped he would go with us.

He has been very high on Kentucky for a while. Purdue then went and signed 2 OL, but Young is so good, you absolutely take him if he picks Purdue or later changes his mind. Kentucky looks to have their program going in the right direction and Purdue should see them in recruiting battles a lot. You want to win battles against them whenever you can. Unfortunately, I think Purdue is on the outside looking in.

He has been very high on Kentucky for a while. Purdue then went and signed 2 OL, but Young is so good, you absolutely take him if he picks Purdue or later changes his mind. Kentucky looks to have their program going in the right direction and Purdue should see them in recruiting battles a lot. You want to win battles against them whenever you can. Unfortunately, I think Purdue is on the outside looking in.
The 2 OL purdue has verbals from are interior linemen. Young is a tackle.

Having said that, i think it is a 3 or 4 OL class.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I hope we get Fryer but I heard he has been in contact with Alabama and FSU and has been pretty high on the .
Yeah, he would be a big get, but I think they take 2 tackles and make room for fryer if he comes

With the contract extension to Brohm and the many official and unofficial visitors that we have had over the last month, really thought we would have had our next commitment by now. I thought it would have been a QB or WR.

Of course, we are going after the top 4 star recruits, so we are battling the blue blood programs for these kids. I know June has been our big month the last 2 years, and we are only a month away from that.

With the contract extension to Brohm and the many official and unofficial visitors that we have had over the last month, really thought we would have had our next commitment by now. I thought it would have been a QB or WR.

Of course, we are going after the top 4 star recruits, so we are battling the blue blood programs for these kids. I know June has been our big month the last 2 years, and we are only a month away from that.

That Chubba Purdy kid they just offered looks like a stud at the QB position. Would be great if either him or Evan committed before all the camps start up.

I know June has been our big month the last 2 years, and we are only a month away from that.

5be0d9ee360db.image.jpg

274857083c5d0b17e1ee76e05fbf3ee7.png

Summer cannot get here soon enough for me!

I am wondering how many scholarships that we will be holding until Fall, because we know a certain player is not committing until then, like we did for Bell last year. I guess one would be definitely held for Maliq Carr. Not sure who else might be like that this year.

according to that, we're getting shut out of Michigan. Only one player even had interest in Purdue. Everybody else was a toss between mich and OSU and PSU thrown in once. no other schools were even mentioned other than Williams for IU. that article sure seems slanted.

I came to the same conclusion from the article.

I just thought he was just a tad slanted / biased towards Michigan. It was as if he didn't consider other schools might even have a chance.
Is it slanted or reality? It says we are in the mix for 1 of the top 10 recruits in the state of Michigan. Are there others who have Purdue on their short list? And other than Grant last year, who was the last top 10 MI kid we landed ...Stu? Lots of competition up there and not really in Brohm's wheelhouse. Now if we aren't on the short list for several kids on the Indiana and Kentucky, even Ohio top 10 lists then I'm calling shenanigans.

Is it slanted or reality? It says we are in the mix for 1 of the top 10 recruits in the state of Michigan. Are there others who have Purdue on their short list? And other than Grant last year, who was the last top 10 MI kid we landed ...Stu? Lots of competition up there and not really in Brohm's wheelhouse. Now if we aren't on the short list for several kids on the Indiana and Kentucky, even Ohio top 10 lists then I'm calling shenanigans.

I guess I'm just not sold that those are the only schools they are really considering. he narrows it down to 1-3 schools for almost every recruit. Are these players really that focused, that's it's basically down to Michigan or OSU? I can believe Purdue may not be in the running, but it's hard for me to believe MSU , UW and other schools are not really being considered by these recruits. it's also hard to believe there's not a bigger representation of SEC schools recruiting these players.

From Michigan Purdue has landed highly ranked Grant and Graham. They are heavily recruiting Michigan and Purdue is very much in the mix for Carr and Williams but I wouldn’t rule us out for Rogers, Paige, and Boone as well. All but Rogers have visited and Hodge has been recruiting Rogers very hard. If Purdue lands Williams, more dominos could fall. That doesn’t even include Austin and Stewart (top 20 in Michigan).

Purdue is recruiting Michigan hard and I hope we clean up. It’s a very important battleground in this ‘20 class.

The most likely in my opinion are Austin, Williams, and Paige. Think Boone and Carr will depend on the other Michigan kids. Rogers is a long shot, but man would he be a good get. One of the best recruits in the nation.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I guess I'm just not sold that those are the only schools they are really considering. he narrows it down to 1-3 schools for almost every recruit. Are these players really that focused, that's it's basically down to Michigan or OSU? I can believe Purdue may not be in the running, but it's hard for me to believe MSU , UW and other schools are not really being considered by these recruits. it's also hard to believe there's not a bigger representation of SEC schools recruiting these players.
List the local big boys as leaders by default until you hear something from the horse's mouth to indicate otherwise. That's recruiting "journalism" 101.

From Michigan Purdue has landed highly ranked Grant and Graham. They are heavily recruiting Michigan and Purdue is very much in the mix for Carr and Williams but I wouldn’t rule us out for Rogers, Paige, and Boone as well. All but Rogers have visited and Hodge has been recruiting Rogers very hard. If Purdue lands Williams, more dominos could fall. That doesn’t even include Austin and Stewart (top 20 in Michigan).

Purdue is recruiting Michigan hard and I hope we clean up. It’s a very important battleground in this ‘20 class.

The most likely in my opinion are Austin, Williams, and Paige. Think Boone and Carr will depend on the other Michigan kids. Rogers is a long shot, but man would he be a good get. One of the best recruits in the nation.
Graham wasn't top 10. Hope you are right and we pull in a few of these guys if we are indeed spending a lot of time and energy targeting them. It's just not a region where we have typically been able to pull blue chip recruits away from UM, MSU, ND, and OSU. But Brohm has only had 2 years and maybe Grant was just the start. Understandably, the local MI media may not share our optimism in that regard.

Last edited:
List the local big boys as leaders by default until you hear something from the horse's mouth to indicate otherwise. That's recruiting "journalism" 101.

I agree with you. his "LOCAL" audience probably loved his column. I'm just not ready yet to start drinking his Michigan Kool-Aid.

Reactions: chaspark
Graham wasn't top 10. Hope you are right and we pull in a few of these guys if we are indeed spending a lot of time and energy targeting them. It's just not a region where we have typically been able to pull blue chip recruits away from UM, MSU, ND, and OSU. But Brohm has only had 2 years and maybe Grant was just the start. Understandably, the local MI media may not share our optimism in that regard.

We will check back in 3 years and see if we can name 10 players from Michigan better than him. He was hilariously underrated. And regardless of his instate rank he has a bunch of pull, him and Grant.

Looking at how Michigan fans and Media view Purdue, it doesn’t show me they don’t share my optimism. But Michigan is 0-5 against OSU and CJB is 1-0 at Purdue. The athletes aren’t sleeping on us and they are the ones making the decision. Grant and Graham are recruiting their brains out of Michigan and so is Hodges.

Michigan does have an unfair advantage as they have recently been named as paying players in the FBI investigation.

Bottom line Purdue is trying to make some noise in Michigan. Let’s see if they can do it and it starts with Trouble.

Last edited:
We will check back in 3 years and see if we can name 10 players from Michigan better than him. He was hilariously underrated. And regardless of his instate rank he has a bunch of pull, him and Grant.

Looking at how Michigan fans and Media view Purdue, it doesn’t show me they don’t share my optimism. But Michigan is 0-5 against Michigan and CJB is 1-0 at Purdue. The athletes aren’t sleeping on us and they are the ones making the decision. Grant and Graham are recruiting their brains out of Michigan and so is Hodges.

Michigan does have an unfair advantage as they have recently been named as paying players in the FBI investigation.

Bottom line Purdue is trying to make some noise in Michigan. Let’s see if they can do it and it starts with Trouble.
I am high on Graham. He just wasn’t top 10 in the state, which goes to show how deep the pool is in that state. We’ve gotten some good players from MI, it’s just that the top ranked ones tend to wear blue. Until we break that trend more than once or twice, the media isn’t going out of their way to mention us.

I agree with you. his "LOCAL" audience probably loved his column. I'm just not ready yet to start drinking his Michigan Kool-Aid.
This was probably the same newspaper and news source that thought all along that Karlaftis was going to flip to Michigan, because they were pursuing him so hard (Michigan coaches going to his basketball games, contacting him daily, etc.).

I am high on Graham. He just wasn’t top 10 in the state, which goes to show how deep the pool is in that state. We’ve gotten some good players from MI, it’s just that the top ranked ones tend to wear blue. Until we break that trend more than once or twice, the media isn’t going out of their way to mention us.
I like Graham too. He looked great in the Spring game. I saw him on the field after the game. He definitely looks the part of a safety physically speaking right now. Grant and Graham are going to give us safety size and skill that we have not seen in several years.

Stu Schweigart and Doug Van Dyke come to mind. One worked out tremendously...the other...

Saw that there is a new crystal ball prediction for Williams to IU. I understand we’ve only been to 2 lower level bowls the last couple of years, but you have to wonder what recruits see in IU right now.

Saw that there is a new crystal ball prediction for Williams to IU. I understand we’ve only been to 2 lower level bowls the last couple of years, but you have to wonder what recruits see in IU right now.
The new OC.

The reality is when you already have six 4 star WRs who will all be here for at least another 3 years, the likelihood is other elite receivers will look elsewhere for a chance to play.

The reality is when you already have six 4 star WRs who will all be here for at least another 3 years, the likelihood is other elite receivers will look elsewhere for a chance to play.

Yep, and we can prove that because that happens all the time with Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State etc. They can’t land any top guys to compete with already signed 4/5 stars in previous years.

Reactions: 72Boiler
Yep, and we can prove that because that happens all the time with Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State etc. They can’t land any top guys to compete with already signed 4/5 stars in previous years.

Um, I love Purdue but I wouldn't put us in the same category as those schools just yet. Until we start pulling in 9+ wins, I don't think 4-5 star recruits would jump at our offer. They would have to be courted and be ensured that they would get their fair chances first.

Guys like that don’t worry about what’s ahead of them

Um, I love Purdue but I wouldn't put us in the same category as those schools just yet. Until we start pulling in 9+ wins, I don't think 4-5 star recruits would jump at our offer. They would have to be courted and be ensured that they would get their fair chances first.

Didn’t place them in the same category, just pointing out that elite players believe in themselves and Brohm has a system to show them off. Rondale has ridiculous numbers and if you are an elite WR, you want in on that. Moore wasn’t a top 100 player but he was a true freshman consensus all American and will have a legit shot at the Heisman. Yes, he is a stud, but Brohm found ways to get him the ball.

Purdue is stacked at WR but only Moore has proven himself and he doesn’t have the same kind of game so wouldn’t even get in the way.

Tomorrow, Young and Williams announce.

I think UK is where Young is going to verbal to. I think we still have a good shot at Williams.

I get you, but Jeff Brohm isn't selling a 6-6 team. That much is for d@mn sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT