ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Castleman

Like Butler, Hayes and Washington (assuming we offer) we are somewhat late to the game.

It does look like Purdue is one of the better offers he has along with Xavier, so hopefully that will get him on campus for a visit. Looks like a nice stretch 4/5 that could play alongside Williams.

But in these late offers what we do not see right away if this is a fly by offer or not. Watch to see if there is a visit either by CMP to him or by him to Purdue...then you can guage how realistic these late offers are. I think we have had 4-5 of these late offers, and are yet to hear if staff is still on any of them hard or if they were just fly by offers to guage interest that never will go anywhere.

But I am pretty excited about the kid's potential. And I hope he is a kid the staff continues to recruit hard. Shooting, mobility, handle for a big guy all seem to be very good. A big with offensive ability comparable to Wagner of Mich. Hope something comes of his recruitment.

Reactions: Roeder
Tall white -
But in these late offers what we do not see right away if this is a fly by offer or not. Watch to see if there is a visit either by CMP to him or by him to Purdue...then you can guage how realistic these late offers are. I think we have had 4-5 of these late offers, and are yet to hear if staff is still on any of them hard or if they were just fly by offers to guage interest that never will go anywhere.

But I am pretty excited about the kid's potential. And I hope he is a kid the staff continues to recruit hard. Shooting, mobility, handle for a big guy all seem to be very good. A big with offensive ability comparable to Wagner of Mich. Hope something comes of his recruitment.
Well during the last Gold and Black podcast Brian said the staff had been watching this kid for sometime. I agree with your point that a visit shows a higher level of interest.

If he visits then get excited......game like Haarms in that he can step out and shoot it but has more post moves.

I think CMP is still looking for 2 more 6ft 9in+..........to go with Hunter, Embrey, Butler, Langford, Ahrens, Tucker, Alvarez, etc.

Boiler Up.

Last edited:
He has a quick first step and dribbles well to the basket for a tall guy. He would leave some bigs picking up their shorts if they try to come out and defend him man-to-man. From what I see from these isolated videos, he's just not a tall skinny guy who is a project. I like him.

Plus there would be all kinds of wonderful things our cleaver, I mean clever fan base and the media could play with using his last name like: "Castleton left the defender in the moat with that move."
or "Castleton dropped the Portcullis on the Spartans."

And everyone knows what a Portcullis is, correct?

Last edited:
He has a quick first step and dribbles well to the basket for a tall guy. He would leave some bigs picking up their shorts if they try to come out and defend him man-to-man. From what I see from these isolated videos, he's just not a tall skinny guy who is a project. I like him.

Plus there would be all kinds of wonderful things our cleaver, I mean clever fan base and the media could play with using his last name like: "Castleman left the defender in the moat with that move."
or "Castleman dropped the Portcullis on the Spartans."

And everyone knows what a Portcullis is, correct?
I didn't but know now!

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
I didn't but know now!
I'd take this kid, still want Ahrens and Hunter.

Happy B Day

1024x1024.jpg

I think he is from Daytona Beach, I think Xavier and Illinois were some of his first HM offers, he mentioned he would like to visit those 2 places.......he will probably Blow Up, when the Bluebloods come sniffin' around

Granted it's a highlight clip of him. I only watched the first three and a half min of the tape before I had decided I loved his body control and his willingness to attack the basket. Looks to be above average athletic for a kid of his size. I see so many of these high school kids his size that lack the drive or the mussel structure to dunk it when they can. He seems to prefer to dunk when it's there. Also reminds me a little of AJ they way tracks the ball on blocks, good timing. That's more talent than it is being taught that skill. Sign him up coach.

I'm inpatient, when it comes to recruiting, I want to see offers and commitments right away, I know we are not Duke, Ky, Ks, or 4 or 5 other schools
that can pick and choose. I like our 1st commit very much, just wishing we can get on the board with 1-2 others.
I'm inpatient. lol
Now I return to the Real World:)

Granted it's a highlight clip of him. I only watched the first three and a half min of the tape before I had decided I loved his body control and his willingness to attack the basket. Looks to be above average athletic for a kid of his size. I see so many of these high school kids his size that lack the drive or the mussel structure to dunk it when they can. He seems to prefer to dunk when it's there. Also reminds me a little of AJ they way tracks the ball on blocks, good timing. That's more talent than it is being taught that skill. Sign him up coach.
and he sounds as though Purdue is a very real possibility

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
It does look like Purdue is one of the better offers he has along with Xavier, so hopefully that will get him on campus for a visit. Looks like a nice stretch 4/5 that could play alongside Williams.
Yes. He looks like the type of inside/out threat that I would like to see Purdue add to compliment Williams. He definitely looks like he could play the 4 in Painter's system. I think that a lot of skill is required at that position for the Purdue offense to function optimally.

From the video it appears he does move well and can shoot. 6 foot 11 and about 220lbs is more that JJ came to us with.

It is always hard to put too much into highlight tapes. As I said above he did appear to move well, and shoot well not sure what is not to like. But I also noticed that he appeared to be at least a head taller than anyone he was playing against. It would be interesting to see him playing against others closer to his size.

That kid should be already ranked in the top 50 have no clue why he's not. And if we can land him that would be huge. That definitely would be one Matt Painter best recruits since he's been here.

That kid should be already ranked in the top 50 have no clue why he's not. And if we can land him that would be huge. That definitely would be one Matt Painter best recruits since he's been here.

While he is a nice recruit and maybe he ends up top 150, I don't know. Reminds me of Wagner. But why do you think he is a top 50 guy? Is he just scoring at will in aau like most top 50s do? (Or are you just being a sarcastic troll poster again?)

Last edited:
Reactions: nagemj02
No for your information already knew about this kid and he's very good. He's 6 ft 11 and can dribble left or right to the rim mark my words this kid will be very good and he will be in the NBA one day. AAU basketball is a joke I don't go by AAU basketball no defense looks like an All-Star game every time. My cousin lives in Florida and told me all about this kid big high school basketball fan goes to a lot of different games.

And by no means am I saying my cousin knows this kid he's just seen him play a couple of times. He told me the first time he watched him play he thought maybe it was just the competition. So he went and watched him play again against a much tougher team and he looked just as good in that game.

Like Butler, Hayes and Washington (assuming we offer) we are somewhat late to the game.
Did you not read the links? He's a late bloomer. The kid is blowing up and the offers are just now coming in.

I figured the complaints were going to be about him being a lowly "Plan B" or a zero-star recruit. I still expect to see those.

I don't think the kid is a late bloomer I just think everybody's late to the party I heard about this kid last basketball season his junior year. My cousin said this dude was really really good last year.

Hard to gauge whether 73 is being serious on this topic or not. However this kid has blown up this summer and is expected to take a huge leap in the rankings. Probably to late for us but you never know

I don't think the kid is a late bloomer I just think everybody's late to the party I heard about this kid last basketball season his junior year. My cousin said this dude was really really good last year.
Probably happens more frequently than not especially if you don't play for an elite tier AAU team. Exposure is a critical factor in their rankings.

And by no means am I saying my cousin knows this kid he's just seen him play a couple of times. He told me the first time he watched him play he thought maybe it was just the competition. So he went and watched him play again against a much tougher team and he looked just as good in that game.

Good info. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT