ADVERTISEMENT

Officials Monday

DG Boiler

True Freshman
Sep 25, 2020
I don't know too much about officials and how they call things, but I did see that Jeffrey Anderson, Terry Oglesby, and Roger Ayers will officiate tomorrow. Does anyone have knowledge of these guy's styles?

I don't know too much about officials and how they call things, but I did see that Jeffrey Anderson, Terry Oglesby, and Roger Ayers will officiate tomorrow. Does anyone have knowledge of these guy's styles?
I watched the Field of 68 guys on YouTube last night and they mentioned the officials. Their take was that they were all very good and one had a “history” with Hurley but it was resolved. I’m guessing these officials will be the type Painter said will do their homework and be prepared.

These are the best of the best officials in the tourney. Some argue that Anderson had an off year but believe Ayers and Olgesby have done the title game before.

They will call it fair but let some stuff go as not to disrupt the flow of the game.

Just hope they call it by the rules....and not come out with some artificial standard of officiating not supported by the rule book.

Really a shame you have to hope the above is true.....☹️

Reactions: drewjin
They will call it fair but let some stuff go as not to disrupt the flow of the game.

Sorry imo rules are rules. What I bolded is just bs you hear from poor officials & talking heads.
Foul = call it every time.
Travel = call it every time
3 seconds = call it every time.
Moving screen = call it every time.
Over the Back = call it every time.
Etc.

Guess I feel pretty strongly about this, but the state of the "officials" today is irritating to me as much basketball as I watch....and it's not getting better.

Last edited:
Sorry imo rules are rules. What I bolded is just bs you here from poor officials & talking heads.
Foul = call it every time.
Travel = call it every time
3 seconds = call it every time.
Moving screen = call it every time.
Over the Back = call it every time.
Etc.

Guess I feel pretty strongly about this, but the state of the "officials" today is irritating to me as much basketball as I watch....and it's not getting better.
Unfortunately in Indiana high school basketball the officials won’t call things unless it affects the play. I’ve talked to Andy Simpson the head of the officials and he’s instructed them to call it as such. I like you stated if it’s a foul or violation they should call it. He stated they don’t want to take away from the flow of the game. We had some more discussion and we just disagreed on this. Bottom line, he’s in charge and I’m not. lol!

Reactions: drewjin
Unfortunately in Indiana high school basketball the officials won’t call things unless it affects the play. I’ve talked to Andy Simpson the head of the officials and he’s instructed them to call it as such. I like you stated if it’s a foul or violation they should call it. He stated they don’t want to take away from the flow of the game. We had some more discussion and we just disagreed on this. Bottom line, he’s in charge and I’m not. lol!

They all "feel" this way. But that is why they make rules to take "feelings" out of it.

Unfortunately today we have an even more obnoxious ref pool emerging.....ones that think fouls need to be even. Call one here, well need to call one the other way....so called "fairness" you know. Sad.

They all "feel" this way. But that is why they make rules to take "feelings" out of it.

Unfortunately today we have an even more obnoxious ref pool emerging.....ones that think fouls need to be even. Call one here, well need to call one the other way....so called "fairness" you know. Sad.
I go to a lot of high school basketball games. I hate to see it officiated as it is today. I don’t even know what double dribble is anymore. Traveling, palming, three seconds, is rarely called. Fouls are so subjective that I can’t understand that anymore either. What I do know is the games are called completely different in the last two minutes. What wasn’t a foul earlier is then called. The same goes in the college game. Have a tough time trying to understand what I’m looking at anymore. Times have changed.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT