ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Bohl Brings "Cowboy Tough" Back to Wyoming Football

I’m so glad the GBi writers don’t sound like that cheerleader

One, that article is not well written. It's not. It's poorly written.

Two, there is absolutely nothing . . . NOTHING wrong with a writer being a "homer". (Or, "cheerleader," in your parlance.)

Three, the GBI writers absolutely favor Purdue in their writing, and there's not a d@mn thing wrong with that.

Four, if you want articles that aren't kind (or slanted) toward Purdue, read the IU Star.

One, that article is not well written. It's not. It's poorly written.

Two, there is absolutely nothing . . . NOTHING wrong with a writer being a "homer". (Or, "cheerleader," in your parlance.)

Three, the GBI writers absolutely favor Purdue in their writing, and there's not a d@mn thing wrong with that.

Four, if you want articles that aren't kind (or slanted) toward Purdue, read the IU Star.

I think the poor writing made me think of it as more homerish than it was but I think Brian et al almost go out of their way to make sure that if something bad happens... we saw it coming beforehand.

good points.

If I remember correctly, Brian is NOT a Purdue fan. If I'm right about that, that goes a LOOOOONG way toward 'splainin' some thangs!

But also to be fair ... fan or not, a good journalist should write like they aren’t.. man the season needs to get here

good points.

If I remember correctly, Brian is NOT a Purdue fan. If I'm right about that, that goes a LOOOOONG way toward 'splainin' some thangs!

I’m pretty sure Brian is a fan. He was a student at Purdue while I was there, wrote for the Exponent, and graduated with a Purdue degree. I don’t think he’d still be doing this job at GBI after all these years if he wasn’t a fan of Purdue sports. He just does a good job of not being a total homer in his writing, which I appreciate.

Reactions: BoilermakerD
I’m pretty sure Brian is a fan. He was a student at Purdue while I was there, wrote for the Exponent, and graduated with a Purdue degree. I don’t think he’d still be doing this job at GBI after all these years if he wasn’t a fan of Purdue sports. He just does a good job of not being a total homer in his writing, which I appreciate.
Apparently I'm confusing him with someone else, or I read something intended to be TIC and took it the wrong way.

Maybe thinking of Jeff Washburn? He had publicly said he was a Duke fan despite covering Purdue for the J&C for many years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT