ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone give examples of the Left legislators trying to enact laws to silent the Right?

What do you mean that Thomas didn’t benefit from affirmative action? He benefitted by getting into Yale as the article clearly states. Dr. Ben Carson and Dr. Henry Louis Gate along with several other black men also got into Yale during that time.
The article also says that Thomas thinks he would have done better if he didn't get into Yale because of it.

The article also says that Thomas thinks he would have done better if he didn't get into Yale because of it.
Being a Supreme Court Justice seems to be a good gig to me. Life-time appointment. Billionaire to pay for your vacations, mother's home, and tuition for great nephew.

Being a Supreme Court Justice seems to be a good gig to me. Life-time appointment. Billionaire to pay for your vacations, mother's home, and tuition for great nephew.
He never said it wasn't a good gig. Just because he's doing well now, doesn't mean he doesn't think that his life could have been better if he didn't have the burden of "always having to prove himself".

He never said it wasn't a good gig. Just because he's doing well now, doesn't mean he doesn't think that his life could have been better if he didn't have the burden of "always having to prove himself".
You have a spin for everything. What Thomas said is BS. That burden has nothin to do with affirmative action. He says that to justify being against it. After a person gets into a school by affirmative action, there is no affirmative action when it comes to the school workload or exams. It’s up to that person to succeed. Thomas, Carson, Gates and others obviously succeeded.

Are you confusing Thomas with the corrupt liar Joe Biden? Seems like the Biden’s got rich from many things.

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
You have a spin for everything. What Thomas said is BS. That burden has nothin to do with affirmative action. He says that to justify being against it. After a person gets into a school by affirmative action, there is no affirmative action when it comes to the school workload or exams. It’s up to that person to succeed. Thomas, Carson, Gates and others obviously succeeded.
I'm not spinning anything. I'm taking him at his word. It's the people you listen to that are spinning things. Only spin can take a man that supposedly benefited positively from something and be against it from day 1. He saw the issues right away and that led to his beliefs on AA. Just because 40+ years later he's doing well doesn't change that he felt he would have done better sooner without AA. He clearly felt that he would have succeeded sooner at a different school, or without the pressures of people believing that he didn't belong.

Only people that don't want to hear the realities of a bad program will try to take someone like Thomas and turn him into a villain.

Last edited:
This isn’t the insult you think it is given that unverified YouTube videos are most likely more honest and objective than all of the Democrat state sponsored media that you most likely read and follow.
Riiiight, with all of the fact checking and journalistic integrity of the YouTubers. Anyone using the phrase "Democrat state sponsored media" is obviously as objective as it comes.

Riiiight, with all of the fact checking and journalistic integrity of the YouTubers. Anyone using the phrase "Democrat state sponsored media" is obviously as objective as it comes.
I’m objective enough to realize when “objective journalists” are disguised as Democrat activists. You wouldn’t know though so I don’t want to keep punching down here.

You should contemplate reading your posts and realizing how nutty you sound.
I’ve read them. What in your opinion has been “nutty”? I’m aware the brainwashed lemmings like you think anybody who doesn’t toe the Democrat line/whatever the narrative of the day is “nutty” but I’d appreciate some further insight.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I’ve read them. What in your opinion has been “nutty”? I’m aware the brainwashed lemmings like you think anybody who doesn’t toe the Democrat line/whatever the narrative of the day is “nutty” but I’d appreciate some further insight.
I'm interested in your analysis of anything I said that's construed as "toe(ing) the Democrat line." Lol, brainwashed lemmings ... Again, PERFECT F*CKING IRONY.

I'm interested in your analysis of anything I said that's construed as "toe(ing) the Democrat line." Lol, brainwashed lemmings ... Again, PERFECT F*CKING IRONY.
You criticized the other poster for watching and posting “unverified” YouTube videos. Who is supposed to “verify” those in your mind? Those “journalists” you mentioned? The same “journalists” who are Democrat activists? I won’t go all caps because I’m not nutty like you but you need to catch up. I’m a step ahead.

You criticized the other poster for watching and posting “unverified” YouTube videos. Who is supposed to “verify” those in your mind? Those “journalists” you mentioned? The same “journalists” who are Democrat activists? I won’t go all caps because I’m not nutty like you but you need to catch up. I’m a step ahead.
Dude, this person thinks he's getting the truth all the time through these corporate media places. Like they will always be honest with us. These "unverified" people have more of a need to be honest because if they aren't people will stop paying attention. Sure, you'll get the really dishonest ones, but the majority are doing their best to be accurate. Unlike legacy media.

Dude, this person thinks he's getting the truth all the time through these corporate media places. Like they will always be honest with us. These "unverified" people have more of a need to be honest because if they aren't people will stop paying attention. Sure, you'll get the really dishonest ones, but the majority are doing their best to be accurate. Unlike legacy media.
I still want to know who he thinks should “verify” what is posted on YouTube. I get the feeling that he only consumes information that he been run through the left wing propaganda groupthink filter.

I still want to know who he thinks should “verify” what is posted on YouTube. I get the feeling that he only consumes information that he been run through the left wing propaganda groupthink filter.
Nobody "verifys" what goes on legacy media either. Just look at all the shit they've gotten wrong over the last 8 years. Verify my ass.

Last edited:
You are the definition of a conspiracy theorist. OK, so a nutjob makes a video playing to your extremist confirmation bias with no fact checking, and that's not a problem? It's groupthink to fact check and multi-source stories? Journalistic integrity is left wing propaganda groupthink (insert additional RWNJ buzzwords here)? OK, gramps ...

• Haha
This is how a baby's brain works.
No kidding, and actual journalists have more to lose by making things up. I get that these conspiracy theorists are convinced that all media that doesn't pander to their fringe beliefs must be suppressing the truth, but the justification for "alternative media" is so wacky.

You are the definition of a conspiracy theorist. OK, so a nutjob makes a video playing to your extremist confirmation bias with no fact checking, and that's not a problem? It's groupthink to fact check and multi-source stories? Journalistic integrity is left wing propaganda groupthink (insert additional RWNJ buzzwords here)? OK, gramps ...
How am I the definition of a conspiracy theorist? Because I question things and am curious without taking things at face value? Have you ever watched MSNBC or CNN? Those networks play to extremist confirmation biases all day long and you don’t think that’s a problem? Your problem is with YouTubers having independent opinions not conforming to left wing ideology.

Journalistic integrity is a thing of the past. Are you familiar with media since 2016? I’ll start slow with you since you’re obviously not very bright and very emotionally charged. How many sources got the entire Russia story wrong? Was that one fact checked and multi-sourced? (Insert additional LWNJ phrases about journalistic integrity and sourcing here). OK, brainwashed youngster…

No kidding, and actual journalists have more to lose by making things up. I get that these conspiracy theorists are convinced that all media that doesn't pander to their fringe beliefs must be suppressing the truth, but the justification for "alternative media" is so wacky.
They have nothing to lose by making things up and spinning narratives. Look at all of the proven liars and propagandists who still have jobs. Their jobs are to get clicks and divide, not to tell the truth. Russia!!!

The defense of “mainstream media” is much wackier. You’re defending the indefensible and sources very few pay any attention to or take seriously.

You have no idea how "journalism" works in the corporate media. I know someone that works at CNN. I'm going to use non gender terminology because they don't want to be found out. That said, they were raised by Democrats, was a Democrat until they worked at CNN. Then they saw how some stories were spun, but most importantly how many stories went untold. They had to go to work at CNN to become a Republican. He/She is a writer there.

They have nothing to lose by making things up and spinning narratives. Look at all of the proven liars and propagandists who still have jobs. Their jobs are to get clicks and divide, not to tell the truth. Russia!!!
I mean, they lose their jobs if they make things up. A random moron on YouTube sure doesn't have anything to lose. Normal people don't trust them.

You have no idea how "journalism" works in the corporate media. I know someone that works at CNN. I'm going to use non gender terminology because they don't want to be found out. That said, they were raised by Democrats, was a Democrat until they worked at CNN. Then they saw how some stories were spun, but most importantly how many stories went untold. They had to go to work at CNN to become a Republican. He/She is a writer there.
This is what we call an anecdote. It's in no way indicative of all media, and CNN isn't exactly the best of sources. You're the type of guy who would believe Nixon over the Washington Post. Same goes for your boy, Georgie.

I mean, they lose their jobs if they make things up. A random moron on YouTube sure doesn't have anything to lose. Normal people don't trust them.
No, they don’t. Have any jobs been lost because of how badly they got the entire Russia! story wrong for how many years? And have you seen that trust in media is at an all time low? Normal people tuned out the mainstream media a while ago but you’re still holding on for reasons unknown.

This is what we call an anecdote. It's in no way indicative of all media, and CNN isn't exactly the best of sources. You're the type of guy who would believe Nixon over the Washington Post. Same goes for your boy, Georgie.
What sources do you recommend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT