ADVERTISEMENT

The issue with legacy media

Boilermaker03

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Valparaiso, IN
Many of us on the right tend to make simple statements in this regard. "They're left wing media." "They're the arm of the Democratic party." Etc. I think it's really much more simple than that.

Yes, I think it's true that reporting often times reflect their Democratic leanings in how they cover a story or how they chose NOT to cover others. If you really think about it though, it all comes down to one thing. Money. Blood, and destruction sells.

Nobody's going to care if they read there isn't a climate issue. Thus the most extreme side of it gets covered (and least likely to be true).

Nobody will be interested in stories on defensive uses of firearms. Thus we hear nothing but the worst stories in regards to guns all the time. There are about 34,000 gun deaths every single year (If you include suicide which is roughly 16,000 a year). There are at a minimum 500,000 defensive uses of guns every year. Some estimations say it's closer to 3,000,000. This disparity never gets talked about on the media. Why? They want you to be scared and come to them for your information. They push more gun control, etc. Claim you can get rid of guns and gun deaths will go way down. Sure, if you take away everyone's right to protect themselves as well as your right to overthrow your government if it goes tyrannical, you'll have less gun deaths. What they don't tell you is that violence does not go down. Countries that have done away with guns have more stabbings, beatings, murder and rape. Getting rid of guns is not the answer. We have plenty of laws on the books right now. They just need to be enforced.

Nobody will be interested in stores of how we no longer have institutional racism. That's why every single time a person of color is killed by a white person, they have to pimp it as a racist issue. Sometimes they are. Most times they aren't. Especially when it comes to police shootings. This issue is very easy to prove through statistics, yet people that want to believe in this narrative refuse to believe those stats.

You could go all the way down the list here on just about everything that gets covered, but this is the reality of legacy media and why you should take what they say with a grain of salt. They aren't here to give you the reality of things. They are here to scare you into giving them attention/clicks for one aim. To make money.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Naturally, you say nothing about Faux News who, because of their lies have to cough up $787 million dollars in a settlement. Then may have to cough up over $1 Billion in another lawsuit for lying about another entity. Faux News is the arm of the republican party by far. All they do is report on the propaganda that fits the right wingers narratives.

Naturally, you say nothing about Faux News who, because of their lies have to cough up $787 million dollars in a settlement. Then may have to cough up over $1 Billion in another lawsuit for lying about another entity. Faux News is the arm of the republican party by far. All they do is report on the propaganda that fits the right wingers narratives.
Are you daft? I didn't mention ANY singular news organization. I'm referring to them all. Jesus, this is a prime example of someone that sees only what they want to see. Wake the F up!

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
Are you daft? I didn't mention ANY singular news organization. I'm referring to them all. Jesus, this is a prime example of someone that sees only what they want to see. Wake the F up!
"They're left wing media." "They're the arm of the Democratic party." Dude, these are your quotes, correct? If so, how are you referring to them all when you leave out the conservative media and talking points? Faux News is the network that touts that crap.

"They're left wing media." "They're the arm of the Democratic party." Dude, these are your quotes, correct? If so, how are you referring to them all when you leave out the conservative media and talking points? Faux News is the network that touts that crap.
Good thing you aren't a singer. Talk about a one hit wonder. Racist, racist, racist. Explain to me how the state of Washington has schools that have eliminated music programs because they promote white supremacy. Explain how studying math has been deemed racist by other "educators". Racism exists but it's not the sole property of white people. Every race has a bias against those that are perceived as dissimilar in some way. Whether from lack of understanding, fear of differences, or jealousy over perceived advantages all races are guilty.

Good thing you aren't a singer. Talk about a one hit wonder. Racist, racist, racist. Explain to me how the state of Washington has schools that have eliminated music programs because they promote white supremacy. Explain how studying math has been deemed racist by other "educators". Racism exists but it's not the sole property of white people. Every race has a bias against those that are perceived as dissimilar in some way. Whether from lack of understanding, fear of differences, or jealousy over perceived advantages all races are guilty.
I’ve said nothing about race in my post. Nothing.

Yes, typically we on the right are referring to left wing media, but the total premise fits them all.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT