ADVERTISEMENT

Can I get some BBQ sauce

Dan'l Boone

Redshirt Freshman
May 4, 2002
to flavor the crow I have to eat?

As bad as this season started, it finished strong with a valiant effort in last night's game. I was impressed with the team, the coaching job by CSV, and will happily eat crow.

If one of next year's freshmen can play PG, they should do well.

Murphy can and will be very good.

Maybe but that is far from proven at this point. Hope so. Morrissette will not be easy to replace but I said the same thing about Wilson last year and eventually Morrissette proved very capable of handling that role.

You may be right, but it appears she is our best option and she played very well the game she got injured in. She is quick, bold and seems to have a nice shot. Reminds me a bit of early Morrisette. Hope so.

to flavor the crow I have to eat?

As bad as this season started, it finished strong with a valiant effort in last night's game. I was impressed with the team, the coaching job by CSV, and will happily eat crow.

If one of next year's freshmen can play PG, they should do well.
I admire you for being willing to post this. Most of the detractors from 6 weeks ago have been silent.

Gosh, I will really miss those two seniors. They played their hearts out last night. And the Oden story that Kyle posted was very moving. We never know what most people we see have been thru.

I was highly impressed with Harris, that girl has all the makings of being a terrific player, her and McBride next year should be a heckuve tandem down low.

Bu they are basically forwards. Maybe Horrocks is the answer but we have to have a big(s) who can stop good post players from dominating us. That is our for sure consistent weakness and they are not easy to find. Whether we like it or not, the injury to that ND big turned the tide of that game.

Reactions: 22fanclub
UConn is doing okay without that kind of player. Their tallest starter, 6'3", plays outside most of the time. Unless Horrocks improves a great deal, Harris and McBryde are the best options, IMO.. There are very few Jones and Turner types. It will be interesting to see what UCONN does with Jones. I think Maryland may be the best bet to beat UCONN.

But UConn has mostly all 5 stars, far superior in talent and depth to other teams. MD could but unlikely. We gave MD a run; we would not be in the same gym with UConn. I think you are right about Horrocks, but she is the only big we have of that nature unless the JC next year is very special. My point is--that's what we need and they are rare and hard to get for programs that do not have the sauce.

Bu they are basically forwards. Maybe Horrocks is the answer but we have to have a big(s) who can stop good post players from dominating us. That is our for sure consistent weakness and they are not easy to find. Whether we like it or not, the injury to that ND big turned the tide of that game.
Got that right. The injury to ND Turner kept Purdue in the game. Prior to that Turner dominated inside. To dimensionalize the impact of Turner... imagine the flip...if Turner stayed in and Harris got injured, well...heart and effort aside, would likely have been nothing short of embarrassing

True, ND dominated the Boilers in the second quarter, mostly thru Turner. That kind of player is what we are missing along with a lot of other teams.

Got that right. The injury to ND Turner kept Purdue in the game. Prior to that Turner dominated inside. To dimensionalize the impact of Turner... imagine the flip...if Turner stayed in and Harris got injured, well...heart and effort aside, would likely have been nothing short of embarrassing

I don't know about "embarrassing". That would be something like having a losing record on the season and only 4 conference wins. We made the NCAA tournament and won a game. Losing by 20 points to ND on their homecourt isn't really embarrasing.

I don't know about "embarrassing". That would be something like having a losing record on the season and only 4 conference wins. We made the NCAA tournament and won a game. Losing by 20 points to ND on their homecourt isn't really embarrasing.
Under the scenario positioned "Turner in and Harris out", 20 point loss would have been something between wishful thinking and an opium dream. FRFR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT