ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketologists

rsomm

Sophomore
Jun 26, 2002
Has the BT with only 5 teams making the dance - Purdue, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State and Iowa! Surprised by Iowa, at this point Northwestern would be my 5th. Iowa currently is 0-4 in Quad 1 games with OOC SOS of 119.
Northwestern is 1-1 Quad1 with OOC SOS of 296! Indiana is currently 9th in conference and is 0-1 Quad 1, but get this IU OOC SOS is 104 to NW 296, NW is 4-0 Quad 3&4, IU is 6-0 Quad 3&4. Even more bizarre is they IU's SOR at 19 right behind #2 Wisconsins SOR of 17. Wisconsin is 2-2 in Quad 1. You look at this and somethings are really baffling!

Reactions: pboiler18
Has the BT with only 5 teams making the dance - Purdue, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State and Iowa! Surprised by Iowa, at this point Northwestern would be my 5th. Iowa currently is 0-4 in Quad 1 games with OOC SOS of 119.
Northwestern is 1-1 Quad1 with OOC SOS of 296! Indiana is currently 9th in conference and is 0-1 Quad 1, but get this IU OOC SOS is 104 to NW 296, NW is 4-0 Quad 3&4, IU is 6-0 Quad 3&4. Even more bizarre is they IU's SOR at 19 right behind #2 Wisconsins SOR of 17. Wisconsin is 2-2 in Quad 1. You look at this and somethings are really baffling!

Iowa looks like they don't have a pulse right now. Don't see how you could have them in. I would think NWs upset would pull a lot of weight for them.

For reference Kenpom has Iowa at 48, NW at 50, and IU at 65.

The Kenpom SOS for each is Iowa at 25, NW at 160, and IU at 138.

It's early, but Purdue is number 2 overall on Kenpom with the 4th best offense, 8th best defense, and 9th toughest SOS. Great numbers especially when you consider the competition to date.

Iowa looks like they don't have a pulse right now. Don't see how you could have them in. I would think NWs upset would pull a lot of weight for them.

For reference Kenpom has Iowa at 48, NW at 50, and IU at 65.

The Kenpom SOS for each is Iowa at 25, NW at 160, and IU at 138.

It's early, but Purdue is number 2 overall on Kenpom with the 4th best offense, 8th best defense, and 9th toughest SOS. Great numbers especially when you consider the competition to date.
doesn't Purdue have some kind of number where they ave 70 p/gm based on a 100 possessions which rank 130th ?

doesn't Purdue have some kind of number where they ave 70 p/gm based on a 100 possessions which rank 130th ?

Yes - that's the KenPom adjusted tempo, they are 129th. Alabama is 29th in tempo and 13th overall (2nd offense, 70th defense).

update -

Overall Purdue is 3rd in KemPom - 4th (offense) and 8th (defense). I think Arizona and Marquette are the only other teams in top ten of both. Arizona is top 5 in both - Purdue will have to play an outstanding game next week to take that one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT