ADVERTISEMENT

Best Available Transfers

I liken it to buying a huge, beautiful tv with all the bells and whistles. You love it. You’re proud it. You get to watch basketball games the whole season where you feel like you’re almost there. It’s fun! When you entertain people give it compliments and tell you that you finally have a great tv after 38 years. When the tournament comes, you are jacked! Sadly...and predictably...it just stops working after the second round. Every damn tv you buy just quits working in the NCAA Tournament. EVERY DAMN YEAR!!! It must just be terribly bad luck. :(
you must be in that bath tub curve of electrical failures. You could delay that curve by using the TV a bit closer to the tourney, but would still need to get one when it does fail. Apparently new TVs didn't fix it and not sure if you switched manufacturers or at least models within the manufacturer for your different TVs. Maybe, you are getting surges from your electrical supplier or lighting spikes with really poor grounding? It doesn't have to be bad luck. Perhaps it is bad luck on a few TVs and the other TVs were just lemons? ;)

you must be in that bath tub curve of electrical failures. You could delay that curve by using the TV a bit closer to the tourney, but would still need to get one when it does fail. Apparently new TVs didn't fix it and not sure if you switched manufacturers or at least models within the manufacturer for your different TVs. Maybe, you are getting surges from your electrical supplier or lighting spikes with really poor grounding? It doesn't have to be bad luck. Perhaps it is bad luck on a few TVs and the other TVs were just lemons? ;)
Lol! :) I am extremely (maybe stupidly) brand loyal. I get a new model every year, but the components are cheaply sourced and the “new features” seem to be trying catching up with what the other brands did in the 80’s. Oh well.

Lol! :) I am extremely (maybe stupidly) brand loyal. I get a new model every year, but the components are cheaply sourced and the “new features” seem to be trying catching up with what the other brands did in the 80’s. Oh well.
Well, once you switch from the cathode tube to LED..it is at least lighter to throw out! ;)

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
The problem here is making an unrealistic expectation that your TV will still be working in March. You know almost all TV's fail before March, right? Only 16 in the entire country work past that date, and if you are really lucky, you might have one of four that works for another week.

If you think about it, you were very lucky to have one of those 16 TV's that worked into that second week, while everyone else's TV's failed.

Actually, the analogy to a TV is probably a very poor way of describing the situation. that said, I am sympathetic and I also want one of those 4 TV's that work to the last weekend too.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
My trusty Curtis-Mathes has worked until March 22 every year since 1980 and then short circuits only to self- repair on March 24 for a couple of hours. One of these days I hope to replace it.

My trusty Curtis-Mathes has worked until March 22 every year since 1980 and then short circuits only to self- repair on March 24 for a couple of hours. One of these days I hope to replace it.
While living in the frontier town of Boswell IN in 1977 my 19" tv died and I bought a Curtis Mathes console tv with picture in picture which automatically was the nicest piece of furniture and most advanced technology in my house.

I bought a firestick, but my TV doesn't have an HDMI input .. I tried an adapter, but it won't handshake with whatever format HDMI is .... FML. I got the TV for free from someone who upgraded. Two years ago ... 60"

While living in the frontier town of Boswell IN in 1977 my 19" tv died and I bought a Curtis Mathes console tv with picture in picture which automatically was the nicest piece of furniture and most advanced technology in my house.
From Taswell to Boswell .... just sayin'

Kudos, TJ on working in bath tub curve......with electrical issues.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Schnelk
not sure if this would help?
It won't. Nothing I can find will do the DHCP handshake. --- " If the device uses DHCP ( for content protection, e.g. a Blu-Ray player ) then you might be in trouble, as this isn't an end-point HDMI+HDCP viewing device. If you're using it to send unprotected HDMI video ( as I am by broadcasting security camera footage over analog ) then it works fine."

The wins were enjoyable. I just never thought the team was quite as good as they were hyped up as being. They didn't win the World University Games, they didn't win the Battle 4 Atlantis, they didn't win the B1G regular season or tournament title, and they didn't win their region in the NCAA Tournament. Their highlights were having an 18 (or 19) game winning streak and beating Butler twice.

Sounds like Bobinski heard you and told you to shut up

Ssssssshhhhhh. I don't want my neighbor to know. His wifi signal is stronger than mine.
It's okay he knows his is stronger..he just doesn't need to know to secure it. Perhaps he will buy a stronger "yet" router if he doesn't know to secure it?

It's okay he knows his is stronger..he just doesn't need to know to secure it. Perhaps he will buy a stronger "yet" router if he doesn't know to secure it?
Probably won't be long until he's able to buy a lot of things using the info he's gleaned from your use of his intentionally unsecured wifi.

posting on "her"? See, I can be petty, too.

Purdue's never going to win a national title with Painter running the operation.
A misspelling v replying within a quoted comment.

Stick with advocating for zone defenses and cheering for us to sign Mark Alstork again.

Tyrik Dixon was a starting guard for Middle Tennessee State that is transferring.

Reid Travis is a 4 man transferring from Stanford.

If Painter's thinking about adding a player, those two would be good choices.

Tyrik Dixon was a starting guard for Middle Tennessee State that is transferring.

Reid Travis is a 4 man transferring from Stanford.

If Painter's thinking about adding a player, those two would be good choices.

It looks like Travis is already down to Nova and Kentucky from a quick search I did.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Do we have one or two scholarship openings left for 2018? King was a walk-on.

somebody said previously Eifert was given a scholarship. maybe that was just for last year. the rule for giving scholarships to walk-ons is different than the typical 4 year scholarship for high school athletes.

It's from school year to school year, I believe.

It would be nice to add another NBA caliber player to go along with Carsen.

I'm seeing several 2019 players recently reclassify to 2018. Maybe painter can go after one. it would be nice to grab a 2019 player a year early and we have the scholarship available to do so.

Reactions: nagemj02
I believe Tyrik Dixon of MTSU is still available. He could add experience to the backcourt.

I believe Tyrik Dixon of MTSU is still available. He could add experience to the backcourt.
Yes but feel like if Painter was gonna offer someone he would have. Maybe he feels good about the team he has got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT