ADVERTISEMENT

Beating the Hoosiers just got easier.

Right. How about the game where Rod Woodson played RB, WR, DB, KR, and PR and Purdue beat IU to knock them out of a bowl game in 1984? There are a number of great games in the series, including a few in the '60s, so the one in 2007 barely makes the Top 5.

That performance by Woodson was amazing! I was happy to be there and will never forget it.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Their is no guarantee that Purdue would have landed all of those players. Recruiting against IU wont get any easier especially if Allen is successful. He is as loved by IN HS coaches as Crean is loathed by IN HS coaches.

Lol

You aren't very good at math, are you? Purdue finished dead last in the B1G West, one spot behind Illinois. (lol.. having to argue you are as good as Illinois is pretty sad)

I am glad you brought up Wilson though. He had ZERO FBS HC experience, but it didn't stop him from owning PU and cleaning up against you guys on the recruiting trail.

The fact is PU has a very long uphill climb. A new HC won't suddenly upgrade your roster, which is currently in a very sorry state. Your construction projects won't get completed overnight. They just hired a coach who has ZERO P5 HC experience. A head coach who by the way lost to IU two years ago with WAY more talent than PU has on their roster at the moment.

I am not here saying Tom Allen is a can't-miss hire, time will tell, and I was disappointed in the Wilson firing, but you are pumping so much sunshine on a turd even Obama would be impressed.

Lol. How’s that uphill climb coming along?

Grandpa DeBord was contemplating retirement only a few short months ago. Wanted to be closer to family. Now that he's closer, grandpa is going to be thinking more about bouncing grandbabies on his knee than working for IU. What are recruits going to think? They won't get past the aroma of Tiger Balm.
Mike may be a Grandpa but he and brother Eric are also fine gentlemen whom I have known since they were high schoolers at Wes-Del and I worked for Haag Drug in Muncie.
This being said I now WONDER why we are still nursing a thread that began in Jan of 2017.What a waste of time even for me at 85 and retired.

Mike may be a Grandpa but he and brother Eric are also fine gentlemen whom I have known since they were high schoolers at Wes-Del and I worked for Haag Drug in Muncie.
This being said I now WONDER why we are still nursing a thread that began in Jan of 2017.What a waste of time even for me at 85 and retired.
Pretty easy, man. IU douches kept coming over here bragging about their FB exploits. This thread has some classic Loosiers “hot takes” from early 2017 about Purdue under Brohm and IU under Allen. They predicted Brohm would struggle at Purdue and IU would soar under Allen. They couldn’t have been more ironically wrong if they tried.

Gee...with all these glorious renovations to Mackey, Purdue should have been recruiting lights out and won the Big Ten every year, right? Where are the results?

Big upgrades to Ross-Ade in the press box area and the recruits were streaming in, right?

I think Brohm will give you an identity on offense. We'll see if the talent level can carry that out. But, as any good Hoosier fan knows all to well, a prolific offense won't get you far in this conference if your defense is Swiss cheese.....and Purdue has fallen into the same hole IU was in to that regard. You cannot win in conference with a piss poor defense.

Allen may not be the answer but I sure like the start and the focus on stabilizing the defense is the core of any success. IU tried that prolific offense-but-ignore-the-defense philosophy and it doesn't work.
Have the recruits started streaming in yet? LOL. You comparing IU's offense under Wilson to Brohm's is hilarious!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT