ADVERTISEMENT

Beating the Hoosiers just got easier.

boiledmeconium

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 13, 2013
Devine Redding and Marcus Oliver are leaving for the draft. That's on top of Feeney.

It's pretty clear that they are not leaving early because their draft stock is as high as it will get, but instead because they're probably not very confident in the new coaching staff.

Devine Redding and Marcus Oliver are leaving for the draft. That's on top of Feeney.

It's pretty clear that they are not leaving early because their draft stock is as high as it will get, but instead because they're probably not very confident in the new coaching staff.
Cue fkfootball to educate you on why this will actually facilitate IU breaking through next season.

With Wilson, had he stayed, they would have a better chance. I'd go too.

Redding and Oliver wouldn't start next season. Patrick being healthy pushes Redding to the #2. Covington overtook Oliver towards the end of the season. I'll take those guys leaving due to the fact that our All BIG CB and All American LB are returning.

Redding and Oliver wouldn't start next season. Patrick being healthy pushes Redding to the #2. Covington overtook Oliver towards the end of the season. I'll take those guys leaving due to the fact that our All BIG CB and All American LB are returning.
Wow. You have lost every ounce and shred of credibility you had remaining. Which is not saying much, btw. How can you say that your leading rusher, with back-to-back 1000 yard seasons wouldn't start next year?

You can't spell DELUSIONAL without IU.

You guys fired your OC and then hired Mike DeBord, a washed up retread of an OC if there ever was one. IU can't win games relying on their run game and defense more than before and having a worse offense overall.

DeBord isn't going to have the athletes at IU he had at Tennessee. He'll be 61 in February. IU's offense will immediately get worse with this guy calling plays vs. Wilson and Johns.

Reactions: boiledmeconium
You guys fired your OC and then hired Mike DeBord, a washed up retread of an OC if there ever was one. IU can't win games relying on their run game and defense more than before and having a worse offense overall.

DeBord isn't going to have the athletes at IU he had at Tennessee. He'll be 61 in February. IU's offense will immediately get worse with this guy calling plays vs. Wilson and Johns.
Grandpa DeBord was contemplating retirement only a few short months ago. Wanted to be closer to family. Now that he's closer, grandpa is going to be thinking more about bouncing grandbabies on his knee than working for IU. What are recruits going to think? They won't get past the aroma of Tiger Balm.

IU won 6 games this year with the worst red zone offense in the country. Debord had a top 30 red zone offense. I think we'll be ok. Keep up your wishes and prayers.

Wow. You have lost every ounce and shred of credibility you had remaining. Which is not saying much, btw. How can you say that your leading rusher, with back-to-back 1000 yard seasons wouldn't start next year?

You can't spell DELUSIONAL without IU.

Camion Patrick is the best RB on the team according to Kevin Wilson. Not to mention that we are as deep as the Pacific at RB.

IU won 6 games this year with the worst red zone offense in the country. Debord had a top 30 red zone offense. I think we'll be ok. Keep up your wishes and prayers.
LOL. The delusion continues. IU does not have the talent DeBord is used to from his time in Tennessee and Michigan. He's going to have to work alot harder to make something out of IUs terrible offense. He's too old to work that hard. You will continue to be terrible. That is a fact.

And that's with Tennessee's athletes and recruiting ability.
(National 24/7)
2017 ranked 11
2016 ranked 14
2015 ranked 4
2014 ranked 7

Surprised Tennessee isn't having a melt down over him leaving.

(IU classes during that time are around 50th)

I don't ever root for IU. You are totally delusional.

You'll be crying in your beer when IU's offense gains 75 - 100 ypg less than it did under Wilson and scores fewer ppg, too. boiled's comment above was spot on.

Thinking that IU can be successful by running the ball more and playing better defense is the epitome of delusion. IU is going to become the next Wisconsin, huh? IU is hemorrhaging its best offensive recruits already because they see the writing on the wall. I see IU going 0-fer in the BIG East quickly.

Camion Patrick is a beast. The 1 game he actually played, which was at WR, he showed his talent. IU isn't exactly devoid of offensive talent. They played the entire season without Simmie Cobbs. Jordan Fuchs. J-Shun Harris. 3 OTs. Feeney was out. And in the bowl game their backup RB was Ricky Brookins who was probably #7 on the depth chart. Injuries killed them. They have plenty of talent.

Camion Patrick is a beast. The 1 game he actually played, which was at WR, he showed his talent. IU isn't exactly devoid of offensive talent. They played the entire season without Simmie Cobbs. Jordan Fuchs. J-Shun Harris. 3 OTs. Feeney was out. And in the bowl game their backup RB was Ricky Brookins who was probably #7 on the depth chart. Injuries killed them. They have plenty of talent.
Hahahaha. All those guys suck.

All of those players were recruited by Wilson and his staff - the guys IU just cut. Do you honestly think, now that Wilson is gone, that IU going to be recruiting these kinds of players anymore? They came for the offense - which DeBord wants to turn into "ground and pound". Whatever talent remains after this spring is going to be wasted by the new offensive staff.

Also, DeBord wants "dual threat" QBs - guys who can run. I don't see any Antwuan Randle-El's on IU's roster. OK, maybe Tyler Natee. J/K

LOL. The delusion continues. IU does not have the talent DeBord is used to from his time in Tennessee and Michigan. He's going to have to work alot harder to make something out of IUs terrible offense. He's too old to work that hard. You will continue to be terrible. That is a fact.

Oh the funnies continue here! I am truly enjoying this one. Hope always springs eternal with new coaching staffs doesn't it?

• ESPN.com news services
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Morgan Burke wants Purdue back in the Rose Bowl, and he's willing to put his money on Darrell "Perfectly Adjusted Hat" Hazell to get there.

The contract comes with a succinct message from Burke: The Cradle of Quarterbacks is about to start rocking again.

"We did it because we want to get back to Pasadena," Burke said.

(Cue laughter)

Burke made no secret of what he was seeking in a new coach -- an offensive mind who could win right away and build enough support among the fan base to encourage fans to return to Ross-Ade Stadium. Attendance had declined from an average of roughly 54,000 in 2007 to 37,000 this past season.

I just thought we wouldn't get the fan base excited if we line up and play like Wisconsin, you know, and (Tressel) said, 'You won't have any trouble with that, he was trying to get me to throw the ball all the time.'

"Big Ten beware!! Best coach I've ever had," former Ohio State and current Miami Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline posted on his Twitter account Tuesday night. (Deja Vu moment spoiler there)

Hazell is a smart hire at Purdue, too. Taking the next hot MAC coach is an easy pattern for the Big Ten to follow. Maybe too easy. But Hazell could be like a former receivers coach turned MAC head coach who took much longer to get to the Big Ten Meyer.
(Nostradamus rolling in his grave here)

Yeah....folks, everything is guaranteed!

Oh the funnies continue here! I am truly enjoying this one. Hope always springs eternal with new coaching staffs doesn't it?

• ESPN.com news services
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Morgan Burke wants Purdue back in the Rose Bowl, and he's willing to put his money on Darrell "Perfectly Adjusted Hat" Hazell to get there.

The contract comes with a succinct message from Burke: The Cradle of Quarterbacks is about to start rocking again.

(Cue laughter)

Burke made no secret of what he was seeking in a new coach -- an offensive mind who could win right away and build enough support among the fan base to encourage fans to return to Ross-Ade Stadium. Attendance had declined from an average of roughly 54,000 in 2007 to 37,000 this past season.

I just thought we wouldn't get the fan base excited if we line up and play like Wisconsin, you know, and (Tressel) said, 'You won't have any trouble with that, he was trying to get me to throw the ball all the time.'

"Big Ten beware!! Best coach I've ever had," former Ohio State and current Miami Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline posted on his Twitter account Tuesday night. (Deja Vu moment spoiler there)

Hazell is a smart hire at Purdue, too. Taking the next hot MAC coach is an easy pattern for the Big Ten to follow. Maybe too easy. But Hazell could be like a former receivers coach turned MAC head coach who took much longer to get to the Big Ten Meyer.

Hahahahaha. Wow, a Hoosier knows how to google! Practice your new vocational skill and google these:

The futility of IU football
How many winning seasons does IU have
IU Sucks

Good boy!

• ESPN.com news services

(Cue laughter)

How is that longest winless bowl streak in college football going? Even though we've sucked we've still had a bowl win this decade lol.

• ESPN.com news services

(Cue laughter)

Idiot. Morgan Burke is long gone as Purdue AD, and so is Hazell as his HC. None of the people in the search committee that chose Hazell were involved in the hiring of Brohm.

Face it, IU is going DOWN and Purdue is going UP. It's going to happen faster than you will be able to imagine.

IU has had its best 3-4 years of football in decades and still never won a bowl game and never had a winning season. You fired the HC the got IU to this point and hired a guy who had no HC experience of note except at the HS level in Indy. Yup, that totally sounds like the recipe for success.

Purdue had its worst 3-4 years of football in decades and fired its coach. Purdue hired a guy who won back-to-back conference championships and his team won back-to-back bowl games. His teams went 30-10 with him as HC. Recruiting has seriously picked up already at Purdue, while IU is hemorrhaging its best recruits left and right.

Hahahahaha. Wow, a Hoosier knows how to google! Practice your new vocational skill and google these:

The futility of IU football
How many winning seasons does IU have
IU Sucks

Good boy!

Weren't you the guys infamous for saying "the past doesn't matter?"

"We've got our guy and it's all gravy now boys!"

I heard that nonsense in 2013.

I'm sure the conference should just hand Hazell....err...Brohm the trophy right now.

Northwestern also had a terrible football history. They changed that. They regularly beat Purdue now.
I fully know IUs football history.

Aren't you the guy that says that Brohm guarantees a bright future?

I'm just throwing out some bait tonight. Relax.

Louisville is just one hooker on the back of a moped away from moving on from Petrino and Brohm going back to his alma mater to coach.

IU has figured out it has to play defense, something Purdue will need to learn to compete.

Weren't you the guys infamous for saying "the past doesn't matter?"

"We've got our guy and it's all gravy now boys!"

I heard that nonsense in 2013.

I'm sure the conference should just hand Hazell....err...Brohm the trophy right now.

Northwestern also had a terrible football history. They changed that. They regularly beat Purdue now.
I fully know IUs football history.

Aren't you the guy that says that Brohm guarantees a bright future?

I'm just throwing out some bait tonight. Relax.

Louisville is just one hooker on the back of a moped away from moving on from Petrino and Brohm going back to his alma mater to coach.

IU has figured out it has to play defense, something Purdue will need to learn to compete.

Too bad your offense will be worse. Are you really excited about a guy who's only HC experience is at Ben Davis?

Recruiting has seriously picked up already at Purdue, while IU is hemorrhaging its best recruits left and right.

Yeah....hemorrhaging.....funny. IU lost one guy and gained a guy committed to Tennessee. I guess Purdue picking up a couple guys who had at least some P5 offers means they've reached the summit. Beating out the likes of Mercer, Coastal Carolina and the MAC screams serious upswing.

Too bad your offense will be worse. Are you really excited about a guy who's only HC experience is at Ben Davis?

I'm excited they got a guy who was a defensive coach (a guy who elevated Ole Miss and South Florida's defense). You don't have to have a prolific offense to succeed at this level but you have to be stout on defense.

I don't know dude....I saw enough track meets to know it doesn't work all that well in football games so if you hang your hat only on that, you'll likely be disappointed.

I'm excited they got a guy who was a defensive coach (a guy who elevated Ole Miss and South Florida's defense). You don't have to have a prolific offense to succeed at this level but you have to be stout on defense.

I don't know dude....I saw enough track meets to know it doesn't work all that well in football games so if you hang your hat only on that, you'll likely be disappointed.
I'm more of a "football guy" than any other sport and I love a good defense. I think your last paragraph is a good thing to note because the one thing IU could do was score, but they couldn't stop anyone but us (but then again, I could of put 11 guys together and stopped us) and Clown college U.

To me a good defense is what wins you games. You can have a mediocre offense and a great defense and win a lot of games. Hard for other teams to beat you when they can' score on you to begin with.

Congrats to IU on their rise to some level of competitiveness. Let me know when they beat a team with a winning record or have a winning record themselves.

Yeah....hemorrhaging.....funny. IU lost one guy and gained a guy committed to Tennessee. I guess Purdue picking up a couple guys who had at least some P5 offers means they've reached the summit. Beating out the likes of Mercer, Coastal Carolina and the MAC screams serious upswing.
You are clueless.

Here are some of the guys Purdue has a very good chance with or has already gotten since Brohm became coach:

1) OG Jalen Jackson (GA) - 3* - other offers from ILL, Wake - early enrollee
2) WR DJ Edwards (FL) - 3* - other offers from Houston, ILL, IA ST, KY, Mizzou, UNC, NC ST, Penn State, Pitt, West Virginia - early enrollee
3) DB TJ Jallow (MS) - 3* - other offers - LOU, IA ST, KS with Interest from Alabama, UGA, Florida, Notre Dame - early enrollee
4) WR Tyler Hamilton (SC) - 3* - other offers - AZ, Mizzou, Tenn, Texas Wake, West Virginia - early enrollee

5) DB Mykelti Williams (Indy) - 3* - originally 4* at Notre Dame (transferred) - LOCK
6) WR CJ Hayes (KY) - 3* - other offers ILL, MD, Syracuse, Virginia
7) DB Corey Winfield (MO) - 5th year grad transfer from Syracuse (starter)
8) RB Tim Jordan (FL) - 2* - other offers ILL, IA ST, UNC, Tenn
9) DE Justin Harris (LA) - 3* - other offers Baylor, Houston, KS, Rutgers - interest from LSU
10) OT Cody Shear (OR) - 3* - other offers AZ, Georgia Tech, Ore ST, Virginia, Washington State

FYI, Brohm also is working on Russ Yeast from Center Grove, a current Louisville commit. Offers - Alabama, Auburn, ILL, IA, IS ST, KY, MD, Ole Miss, NE, RUT, WA ST

Yeast will be tough to flip. Fishers DB RJ Potts will not happen - likely ND or NE.

I'm more of a "football guy" than any other sport and I love a good defense. I think your last paragraph is a good thing to note because the one thing IU could do was score, but they couldn't stop anyone but us (but then again, I could of put 11 guys together and stopped us) and Clown college U.

To me a good defense is what wins you games. You can have a mediocre offense and a great defense and win a lot of games. Hard for other teams to beat you when they can' score on you to begin with.
This might be true if you have an elite-level defense - think of LSU under Les Miles. Will IU ever get this level of athlete? Hell no. Basically, you're saying IU will become Minnesota under Jerry Kill or Tracy Claeys? Sorry, I just don't see it.

There's very little in Tom Allen's background to say he can be the HC of a BIG program, especially one in the BIG East, and make IU into that type of program. Kill had lots of successful HC experience prior to Minnesota and Claeys worked under Bill Snyder and Kill.

This might be true if you have an elite-level defense - think of LSU under Les Miles. Will IU ever get this level of athlete? Hell no. Basically, you're saying IU will become Minnesota under Jerry Kill or Tracy Claeys? Sorry, I just don't see it.

There's very little in Tom Allen's background to say he can be the HC of a BIG program, especially one in the BIG East, and make IU into that type of program. Kill had lots of successful HC experience prior to Minnesota and Claeys worked under Bill Snyder and Kill.

It's all a crapshoot.

Programs have been built successfully under coordinators (see Alvarez) just as they have floundered under guys who spent their careers as head coaches. There's no guarantees either way.

I know only that IU had the best defensive turnaround in 1 season of any FBS program and at least got into the top-35 of defensive stats in 2016. We'll see if it continues. They put a major emphasis on that in recruiting. Obviously, the other route of trying to out score opponents rarely works as it didn't for Wilson during his tenure. It doesn't matter at the end of the day if you develop a prolific offense and a sieve for a defense. You end up getting beat.

Minnesota also won 9 games this year. I think either fanbase would take that right now.

It's all a crapshoot.

Programs have been built successfully under coordinators (see Alvarez) just as they have floundered under guys who spent their careers as head coaches. There's no guarantees either way.

I know only that IU had the best defensive turnaround in 1 season of any FBS program and at least got into the top-35 of defensive stats in 2016. We'll see if it continues. They put a major emphasis on that in recruiting. Obviously, the other route of trying to out score opponents rarely works as it didn't for Wilson during his tenure. It doesn't matter at the end of the day if you develop a prolific offense and a sieve for a defense. You end up getting beat.

Minnesota also won 9 games this year. I think either fanbase would take that right now.
Your examples are really bad. Minnesota loved the job Claeys did so much, including winning a bowl game against a prolific Washington State team, that they fired him and hired Little PJ to be their next coach. (Little PJ was a guy that IU should have hired, but Fred Glass is a moron.)

Alvarez had significant coaching experience prior to becoming HC, and he worked under Hayden Fry and Lou Holtz. He played LB at Nebraska, I think under Bob Devaney. He was tutored under some of the best coaches in the business. You cannot say that for Tom Allen.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
It's all a crapshoot.

Care to explain why your recruiting class is so bad at this time?

One reason it won't be ranked very high is because it is going to be low in numbers. CTA stated yesterday it will be in the low 20's as far as a class goes. Expecting a commitment any day from De'Angelo Philyor and Tyrese Fryfogle. Later this month Tancey Richardson is announcing and all signs point to IU being the leader at this time. Also expecting Nick Tonti QB out of Florida to be a real possibility. He is currently a UNC Charlotte commit but we believe he will flip. Arizona is also in the mix right now as he was named Mr. Football in the state of Florida. Another interesting name is Juwan Burgess, he visited this weekend. He is currently commited to USC so we will see where this goes. So not very many commits to take this year but hoping to finish the class out strong.

The biggest thing is many Purdue fans were listing as many as 6 IU recruits from the state that Brohm was going to flip. Not only are none of them going to flip not one of them is even going to visit Purdue. Do you care to explain what happened there?

One reason it won't be ranked very high is because it is going to be low in numbers. CTA stated yesterday it will be in the low 20's as far as a class goes. Expecting a commitment any day from De'Angelo Philyor and Tyrese Fryfogle. Later this month Tancey Richardson is announcing and all signs point to IU being the leader at this time. Also expecting Nick Tonti QB out of Florida to be a real possibility. He is currently a UNC Charlotte commit but we believe he will flip. Arizona is also in the mix right now as he was named Mr. Football in the state of Florida. Another interesting name is Juwan Burgess, he visited this weekend. He is currently commited to USC so we will see where this goes. So not very many commits to take this year but hoping to finish the class out strong.

The biggest thing is many Purdue fans were listing as many as 6 IU recruits from the state that Brohm was going to flip. Not only are none of them going to flip not one of them is even going to visit Purdue. Do you care to explain what happened there?

6?! Which 6?! I thought maybe a few at best but knew it wasn't likely seeing as how our staff had basically ignored the state for the last 8 years.

The fact is that Brohm has brought in guys for visits that wouldn't have even given Purdue the time of day in the past like D'J Edwards (who had an IU offer and several other significant ones) who committed, Mykelti Williams who is a stud from Warren Central, TJ Jallow, and others. So many of these guys wouldn't have come if Hazell were still in charge. Look out once Brohm has a full year to recruit guys. He's done good work in only being on the job for a month.

Your examples are really bad. Minnesota loved the job Claeys did so much, including winning a bowl game against a prolific Washington State team, that they fired him and hired Little PJ to be their next coach. (Little PJ was a guy that IU should have hired, but Fred Glass is a moron.)

Alvarez had significant coaching experience prior to becoming HC, and he worked under Hayden Fry and Lou Holtz. He played LB at Nebraska, I think under Bob Devaney. He was tutored under some of the best coaches in the business. You cannot say that for Tom Allen.
Minnesota did not fire Claeys because of on-field performance. Plus all BRCB was saying is that IU or Purdue would take 9 win seasons in a heartbeat.

Fleck went 1-11, 8-4, 7-5 and then finally 12-1. In the MAC. If Fred is such a moron for not hiring him, what does that make your AD?

Alvarez... what coordinator who became a head coach wouldn't have significant prior coaching experience? How is Alvarez a bad example? Because he learned from great coaches that he worked for? You can only be considered a successful coordinator to head coach if the previous people you worked for were average?

There are plenty of unknowns when it comes to Allen. You are free to cast doubt at every opportunity. It was a gamble to hire him, but we like our chances.

Minnesota did not fire Claeys because of on-field performance. Plus all BRCB was saying is that IU or Purdue would take 9 win seasons in a heartbeat.

Fleck went 1-11, 8-4, 7-5 and then finally 12-1. In the MAC. If Fred is such a moron for not hiring him, what does that make your AD?

Alvarez... what coordinator who became a head coach wouldn't have significant prior coaching experience? How is Alvarez a bad example? Because he learned from great coaches that he worked for? You can only be considered a successful coordinator to head coach if the previous people you worked for were average?

There are plenty of unknowns when it comes to Allen. You are free to cast doubt at every opportunity. It was a gamble to hire him, but we like our chances.

It was absolutely a gamble. His first ever HC gig is at a Big Ten university. Granted the expectations are never high there but that's taking a pretty big risk.

It was absolutely a gamble. His first ever HC gig is at a Big Ten university. Granted the expectations are never high there but that's taking a pretty big risk.
Unless you are hiring Nick Saban or Urban Meyer I would say everyone is a risk. Whose to say Fleck won't be the next Darrell Hazell? Whose to say Brohm's style will work in the Big Ten? Whose to say Allen won't be the next Dabo Swinney? If you can guarantee all of those things I am guessing you are a billionaire from playing the lottery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT