ADVERTISEMENT

Beating the Hoosiers just got easier.

that's it. You . . . played them. And you weren't . . . "impressed".

Nevermind Brohm's proven results. Black and white. For all to see.

BUT . . . ! . . . you ARE impressed with an unproven assistant, of which you know nothing of his head coaching abilities.

And, YET . . . ! . . . you're able to divine Brohm will have "tougher sledding against" an unproven, untested, HEAD coach.

Wow.

Just . . .

Whoa.

Folks: IU football fans.

You just can't make this up.
You can't spell DELUSIONAL without IU.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Lol! You think those guys couldn't "walk-on" at Tennessee? Wow. I've heard it all. I'm sure Feeney couldn't either. Or Jordan Howard. Or Tevin Coleman.

They are a hell of a lot better than anything that Purdue has. Enjoy your 4-8 season coming up.

Will you guys finally have a winning season and/or win a bowl game this year? 4-8 with our schedule wouldn't be that bad seeing as how that'd be nearly half our wins from the previous 4 years combined.

Will you guys finally have a winning season and/or win a bowl game this year? 4-8 with our schedule wouldn't be that bad seeing as how that'd be nearly half our wins from the previous 4 years combined.
Haha now this I can respect. We still haven't had a winning season (fact). You guys have been terrible the past few years (fact). But at least we are both optimistic for the future!

Nobody can deny this... regardless of performance, both programs have die hard fans.

Haha now this I can respect. We still haven't had a winning season (fact). You guys have been terrible the past few years (fact). But at least we are both optimistic for the future!

Nobody can deny this... regardless of performance, both programs have die hard fans.

You're not half bad! Ha

"As neither of us were in the room when these decisions were being, we can't hope to know his state of mind. I suspect your claims of panic are simply to mask your insecurity about the situation."

LMAO. Amateur psychologist on the board, I see. I am not insecure about the situation at all because I know Purdue is in a better situation going forward than IU is. You guys just hired a coach with ZERO FBS HC experience to be your HC.

"With regards to facilities, Purdue will, in fact, have state-of-the-art facilities in a few more years. We've been working on ours now for a number of years while yours is a more recent development. This is a bit of wishful thinking on your part if you believe these things happen overnight."

That's your response? Purdue has been doing upgrades in FB and basketball since the $70M Ross-Ade upgrades in 2002 after our Rose Bowl season. Purdue spent $100M on the Mackey Arena upgrades and other adjoining facilities. More significant Ross-Ade upgrades are coming. We're building a new football complex - but you already know that.

"It's pretty well acknowledged around the B1G that Purdue's current athletic facilities are at or near the bottom of the league (Mackey being an exception). A number of your fans have said the same on this very board. Illinois and Northwestern have no more catching up to do than does Purdue."

Flat out wrong. Northwestern hasn't done any appreciable facility upgrades in basketball or football in years. Northwestern hasn't touched Dyche Stadium since 1996 and those were small changes ($20M). Welsh-Ryan Arena hasn't really been touched since 1983! It's a shit hole. Northwestern has a lot of work and catching up to do. Illinois put $100M into Memorial Stadium in 2008 but by looking at it, you wouldn't really know much was done. It's still looks and feels like an old stadium. The State Farm Center upgrades cost Illinois $170M, but State Farm paid $60M for naming rights. These basketball upgrades were pretty nice.]

"Yes... the key word being "had". As fine an engineering school as Purdue is, and I say that sincerely, quality planning and construction takes time. Purdue allowed itself to fall seriously behind. We are currently ahead of you in this regard. The gap is significant but not vast and, as I stated before, can be made up with a firm commitment of time and money, but to insist it does not exist ruins your credibility. Additionally, you have a president who is very uncomfortable with the spending. Purdue fans have to hope he's willing/forced to keep his foot on the gas pedal."

Purdue is behind with the Mackey upgrades and adjoining upgrades? The Brees Student Center? The upcoming football complex? Our football stadium was majorly upgraded in 2002 (15 years ago) and is slated for more upgrades. Purdue, President Daniels, and the BOT have all bought off on these upgrades. So you don't know WTF you're talking about.

I will give a little credit. IU did put in a play area for the kids, so they don't have to watch IU's games, and they added new pedestal for the chunk of limestone.]

"The ACC has won twice as many championships (2-1) as the B1G over the last 5 years and had a 9-3 bowl record compared to 3-7 for our conference... including 3-1 head-to-head against us. You'll be hard pressed to prove the B1G is better. Brohm grew up a Cardinal fan in Louisville and is a football legend there. You're whistling in the dark if you believe he won't be interested to hear what they have to say if they come calling."

You don't have any idea of Brohm's intentions regarding Louisville so saying otherwise is akin to saying Isaiah Thomas will be IU's new BB coach after Crean gets fired. It's just speculation on your part - nothing more.

5 years? You've got to be kidding. OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska. These are power schools in football. The ACC has FSU and Clemson (now). That's it. Some might toss Miami in there, too, but they aren't close to being a power right now. The only conference that rivals the BIG is the SEC. To say otherwise is a flat out joke and you know it. I know, I know, IU lost to Wake Forest last season, so the ACC must be good, right?

"At last... we agree on something! This is a true statement, but his past performance is no guarantee he will be successful going forward at Purdue. It's a good indicator, but nothing more. To believe otherwise is to set yourself up for great disappointment."

Indications are that IU football is in trouble. It's easier to make Purdue successful than IU - it just is. IU has never had the kind of sustained success Joe Tiller had at Purdue. Wilson, even with a losing record (by a fair amount, and with ZERO winning seasons), goes down in history as one of IU's best coaches of all-time. Now that says a lot, doesn't it?

Gee...with all these glorious renovations to Mackey, Purdue should have been recruiting lights out and won the Big Ten every year, right? Where are the results?

Big upgrades to Ross-Ade in the press box area and the recruits were streaming in, right?

I think Brohm will give you an identity on offense. We'll see if the talent level can carry that out. But, as any good Hoosier fan knows all to well, a prolific offense won't get you far in this conference if your defense is Swiss cheese.....and Purdue has fallen into the same hole IU was in to that regard. You cannot win in conference with a piss poor defense.

Allen may not be the answer but I sure like the start and the focus on stabilizing the defense is the core of any success. IU tried that prolific offense-but-ignore-the-defense philosophy and it doesn't work.

Why the consistent jabs at Mike Debord? The guy is 60 years old. Nick Saban is 65. Bill Snyder is 77. Debord just had a very good season as an OC.

Gee...with all these glorious renovations to Mackey, Purdue should have been recruiting lights out and won the Big Ten every year, right? Where are the results?

Big upgrades to Ross-Ade in the press box area and the recruits were streaming in, right?

I think Brohm will give you an identity on offense. We'll see if the talent level can carry that out. But, as any good Hoosier fan knows all to well, a prolific offense won't get you far in this conference if your defense is Swiss cheese.....and Purdue has fallen into the same hole IU was in to that regard. You cannot win in conference with a piss poor defense.

Allen may not be the answer but I sure like the start and the focus on stabilizing the defense is the core of any success. IU tried that prolific offense-but-ignore-the-defense philosophy and it doesn't work.
The point is, why can't a team be great on offense AND have a good to great defense? Tiller used this recipe to great success when he had Jim Chaney as OC and Brock Spack as the DC. If you'll recall, Purdue bitchslapped IU 10 times in 12 years under Tiller. One of those losses was the 2007 "win one for the memory of Terry Hoeppner" game where Purdue was sleepwalking for 3 quarters and then came storming back, only to have IU kick a last second FG for the win.

Mike DeBord will get quickly solved by BIG DCs and IU's offense will absolutely take a big step backwards vs. Wilson's teams.

When IU fields a team with a winning record in a season let me know. When IU wins a bowl game let me know. When IU actually beats teams like OSU and Michigan let me know. When IU wins a league championship let me know. When IU makes the Rose Bowl or any New Years Day bowl game let me know.

All the Loosier bluster about how great IU football is just that - bluster. IU had one of its better runs in football in many years and still didn't win a bowl game, didn't have a winning record, didn't beat any of the ranked power teams in the conference, didn't win a league championship (didn't sniff one actually)...

IU football is going to go down, not up, under Allen. IU won't win trying to use the Wisconsin or Iowa method. Ground and pound, time of possession, don't turn the ball over, play great defense...

The point is, why can't a team be great on offense AND have a good to great defense? Tiller used this recipe to great success when he had Jim Chaney as OC and Brock Spack as the DC. If you'll recall, Purdue bitchslapped IU 10 times in 12 years under Tiller. One of those losses was the 2007 "win one for the memory of Terry Hoeppner" game where Purdue was sleepwalking for 3 quarters and then came storming back, only to have IU kick a last second FG for the win.

Mike DeBord will get quickly solved by BIG DCs and IU's offense will absolutely take a big step backwards vs. Wilson's teams.

When IU fields a team with a winning record in a season let me know. When IU wins a bowl game let me know. When IU actually beats teams like OSU and Michigan let me know. When IU wins a league championship let me know. When IU makes the Rose Bowl or any New Years Day bowl game let me know.

All the Loosier bluster about how great IU football is just that - bluster. IU had one of its better runs in football in many years and still didn't win a bowl game, didn't have a winning record, didn't beat any of the ranked power teams in the conference, didn't win a league championship (didn't sniff one actually)...

IU football is going to go down, not up, under Allen. IU won't win trying to use the Wisconsin or Iowa method. Ground and pound, time of possession, don't turn the ball over, play great defense...

...and the other loss was in 2001, when IU beat a Purdue team in transition (right after the Rose Bowl year), in a torrential rain (anyone worth his salt will tell you adverse weather levels the playing field) in which IU barely won.

...and the other loss was in 2001, when IU beat a Purdue team in transition (right after the Rose Bowl year), in a torrential rain (anyone worth his salt will tell you adverse weather levels the playing field) in which IU barely won.
Yup. Antwuan Randle-El at QB and the game was at IU. Purdue lost 13-7 in horrible playing conditions.

Yup. Antwuan Randle-El at QB and the game was at IU. Purdue lost 13-7 in horrible playing conditions.

First half was a total deluge. Closest I ever came to punching a drunk college student. He mouthed off. I stood up and he suddenly realized he was a drunk college student and I was a large grown man. He shook my hand and walked away. My IU friends still talk about it.

Why the consistent jabs at Mike Debord? The guy is 60 years old. Nick Saban is 65. Bill Snyder is 77. Debord just had a very good season as an OC.
Uhhh, I know you're a Hoosier, but DeBord does not belong in the same sentence as Saban.

Why make lame excuses for something that happened 15 yrs ago?

Those 10 wins Purdue had, (insert excuse to legitimize why IU lost).

I was at that '07 game. Greatest game in the history of the series. The only game that ever mattered. And Purdue lost.

I was at that '07 game. Greatest game in the history of the series. The only game that ever mattered. And Purdue lost.
No, the win the clinched the Rose Bowl berth was the greatest game of the series. And Purdue won. I was there.

Right. How about the game where Rod Woodson played RB, WR, DB, KR, and PR and Purdue beat IU to knock them out of a bowl game in 1984? There are a number of great games in the series, including a few in the '60s, so the one in 2007 barely makes the Top 5.

Uhhh, I know you're a Hoosier, but DeBord does not belong in the same sentence as Saban.

I wasn't comparing them. I'm just saying that turning 60 doesn't mean that you all of a sudden turn into an idiot. This guy just ran a good offense this year that had multiple games over 40 pts this season.

I wasn't comparing them. I'm just saying that turning 60 doesn't mean that you all of a sudden turn into an idiot. This guy just ran a good offense this year that had multiple games over 40 pts this season.
Grandpa isn't an idiot. He's just old. Don't have any sense of respect for your ancestors?

There are no excuses, it's just the facts, ma'am. Purdue had an awesome run, and there were two games IU had to pull a win out of their arse.

Don't like it? I don't blame you!

When he torches Nick Holts defense this year, I hope you leave Rivals. For good.

Again, you do know this is a Purdue board, not a general or Loosiers board.

So since pretty much everyone here is in agreement that IU sucks, you either deal with that IU will forever suck and pro Purdue post or move on.

Last edited:
Again, you do know this is a Purdue board, not a general or Loosiers board.

So since pretty much everyone hear is in agreement that IU sucks here, you either deal with that IU will forever suck and pro Purdue post or move on.
He doesn't know. He's as senile as grandpa DeBord.

With TN's players. IU doesn't have that kind of talent and to say otherwise is just laughable.

No, the win the clinched the Rose Bowl berth was the greatest game of the series. And Purdue won. I was there.
Was there as well....great game! Stayed at the same hotel those Loosiers stayed. I will say Randle El was a nice kid was shocked how little he was. This argument isn't serious enough to fight. We have better facilities, coaches and overall recruits. We're are just flat out better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT