ADVERTISEMENT

Beating the Hoosiers just got easier.

Nice revisionist history. IU fired Wilson because he was accused of abusing his players by forcing them to return to practice before they were fully healed from injuries. He was a drunken sot who regularly berated his players.

Glass gave Wilson a contract extension in early 2016, right? He did not hire Allen to be HC because we wanted to, he did it because he felt he had to. IU is facing lawsuits over the way Wilson handled his players' injuries. This has been widely reported, so don't try downplay it.

The criticisms inside of IU's administration became too loud for Glass to ignore after former players went to the press and told their stories. He panicked, fired Wilson, and then hired Allen because he felt HE HAD TO.

Lol. I take back that this is enjoyable. It's sad at this point. Good luck next year.

With Wilson, had he stayed, they would have a better chance. I'd go too.
You did nothing but rip Wilson here for 6 years and talk about how he neeed more of an emphasis on defense. You predicted IU would go like 4-8 each of the last 2 years. And lose to Purdue multiple times.

Devine Redding and Marcus Oliver are leaving for the draft. That's on top of Feeney.

It's pretty clear that they are not leaving early because their draft stock is as high as it will get, but instead because they're probably not very confident in the new coaching staff.
So Oliver left because he hates the coach who took his defense from 105th to 30th in a year?

I don't expect this board to be all in love with IU, but my God.

You did nothing but rip Wilson here for 6 years and talk about how he neeed more of an emphasis on defense. You predicted IU would go like 4-8 each of the last 2 years. And lose to Purdue multiple times.

Twin Degrees is over his head.

dude . . . you're fighting a losing battle, and looking dumber with every post.

Your school just took a huge gamble . . . he's not PJ Fleck, or Dabo Swinney, or any other reasonable option, but an unknown, untested, seat-of-the-pants coaching selection.

You can try to put lipstick on that pig all you want.

We played WKU. And I wasn't real impressed with Brohm. Our crappy Brian Knorr defense, shut down his offense in the 2nd half of the game. He'll find even tougher sledding against Tom Allen.

We played WKU. And I wasn't real impressed with Brohm. Our crappy Brian Knorr defense, shut down his offense in the 2nd half of the game. He'll find even tougher sledding against Tom Allen.
And yet Brohm, with CUSA-level players, took IU to the wire, and it took a miracle for IU to win 38-35. WKU led 28-17 at halftime and WKU racked up 568 yards of offense including 484 yards passing. IU had a goal-line stand and forced two picks in Indiana territory. IU could have easily lost this game and really should have.

I don't think there's anything about IU that scares Brohm, especially now that Grandpa DeBord is IU's OC.

You're bragging about barely beating a lower tier team? That's like bragging about beating Purdue last year.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Allen is definitely a good defensive coach who has good ties in Indiana. However, he's never been a head coach and only has a few years of experience being a coach at a high level program. Debord isn't necessarily an upgrade over Wilson and I wonder how their offense will be this year.

Allen is definitely a good defensive coach who has good ties in Indiana. However, he's never been a head coach and only has a few years of experience being a coach at a high level program. Debord isn't necessarily an upgrade over Wilson and I wonder how their offense will be this year.
They will be much more predictable on offense. I didn't like Wilson, but he had a fertile offensive.

So Oliver left because he hates the coach who took his defense from 105th to 30th in a year?

I don't expect this board to be all in love with IU, but my God.

LOL, you're all comically pathetic. You've got a new highschool coach, a new grandpa and a bunch of shitty players, but you're here trying to bask in the bright future of boiler football. Sad, really.

LOL, you're all comically pathetic. You've got a new highschool coach, a new grandpa and a bunch of shitty players, but you're here trying to bask in the bright future of boiler football. Sad, really.

Our Head Coach had a top 30 defense. And Grandpa Debord had a top 30 offense. "Shitty players?" Lol. Our MLB is an All American. And that's just 1 of them.

Our Head Coach had a top 30 defense. And Grandpa Debord had a top 30 offense. "Shitty players?" Lol. Our MLB is an All American. And that's just 1 of them.
And.....If your team is so awesome, why are you still here?

Answer: IU sucks, and you'd rather talk about Purdue. So, thank you for your interest in Boiler football. Don't forget to take your diploma and wipe your ass with it on your way out.

Answer: IU sucks, and you'd rather talk about Purdue. So, thank you for your interest in Boiler football. Don't forget to take your diploma and wipe your ass with it on your way out.
I doubt these douches even went to IU in Bloomington. They probably went to Ball State for two semesters.

And yet Brohm, with CUSA-level players, took IU to the wire, and it took a miracle for IU to win 38-35. WKU led 28-17 at halftime and WKU racked up 568 yards of offense including 484 yards passing. IU had a goal-line stand and forced two picks in Indiana territory. IU could have easily lost this game and really should have.

I don't think there's anything about IU that scares Brohm, especially now that Grandpa DeBord is IU's OC.

That offense had WAY more talent than Purdue has on their roster right now and you know it. So call it CUSA-level if you want but what does that make PU? FCS?

Reactions: Hoosierzulu

LOL says the guy who started the thread to discuss IU.

That offense had WAY more talent than Purdue has on their roster right now and you know it. So call it CUSA-level if you want but what does that make PU? FCS?

So you beat an FCS team by 2 at home this year with one of your so-called "good" teams and one of the worst we've ever had? Lol

Reactions: SDBoiler1

I haven't been to this board in well over a year. This thread was my reward for coming by to take a look. Good stuff.

If you're going to use big words, make sure you use them right. A dictionary might help. A Purdue education would be even better.

I'll pass.

mas·och·ist
ˈmazəkəst,ˈmasəkəst/
noun
noun: masochist; plural noun: masochists
    • (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.
      "what kind of masochist would watch Purdue football?"

I'll pass.

mas·och·ist
ˈmazəkəst,ˈmasəkəst/
noun
noun: masochist; plural noun: masochists
    • (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.
      "what kind of masochist would watch Purdue football?"
No. Here's the more accurate definition.

mas·och·ist
ˈmazəkəst,ˈmasəkəst/
noun
  1. a person who derives sexual gratification from their own pain or humiliation. A Hoosier.

IU flipped Juwan Burgess, who was previously committed to USC, a very highly rated athlete with very impressive offers. He will likely be a safety or a defensive back, but that is a very impressive signing. IU hasn't just rolled over yet. We really could use to sign some of the Big targets with other impressive offers before I would say it is a guruntee beat them. CJB is targeting the right people, now we just need to start landing them.

IU flipped Juwan Burgess, who was previously committed to USC, a very highly rated athlete with very impressive offers. He will likely be a safety or a defensive back, but that is a very impressive signing. IU hasn't just rolled over yet. We really could use to sign some of the Big targets with other impressive offers before I would say it is a guruntee beat them. CJB is targeting the right people, now we just need to start landing them.

Burgess goes to high school with Allen's kid in Florida. Guessing that played a good role in him picking IU.

Burgess goes to high school with Allen's kid in Florida. Guessing that played a good role in him picking IU.

Doesn't matter how they got him. They got him. I think if CJB can land Yeast, that would be even more impressive. I am very happy with CJB and who he is targeting, but again, we got to land them now. It will be easier next year, but this class is very important. A lot of holes and a new system to put in place. But, as it stands, IU has the best pickup so far.

You don't have Tennessee's athletes or recruiting prowess. Why would great offensive athletes want to play for Indiana now?

IU has some pretty damn good offensive athletes. Simmie Cobbs. Nick Westbrook. Camion Patrick. Jordan Fuchs. Those guys can play for anybody. They have some other guys too. They need a QB. That's still up in the air.

IU has some pretty damn good offensive athletes. Simmie Cobbs. Nick Westbrook. Camion Patrick. Jordan Fuchs. Those guys can play for anybody. They have some other guys too. They need a QB. That's still up in the air.
LOL. Those guys aren't even good enough to walk-on at Tennessee. Grandpa DeBord is going to end up retiring before the spring game when he realizes that he doesn't have anything to work with.

that's it. You . . . played them. And you weren't . . . "impressed".

Nevermind Brohm's proven results. Black and white. For all to see.

BUT . . . ! . . . you ARE impressed with an unproven assistant, of which you know nothing of his head coaching abilities.

And, YET . . . ! . . . you're able to divine Brohm will have "tougher sledding against" an unproven, untested, HEAD coach.

Wow.

Just . . .

Whoa.

Folks: IU football fans.

You just can't make this up.

A couple of days ago he was saying he'd visit Florida and he had a Florida coach visit him Thursday. He must not have gotten a message he wanted from them because he committed to IU the day after having the Florida coach in-house.

This guy's been all over the place - USC, then drops them because of too much competition. Seems like he verballed another place before that too.

He's a 5.6 3* with some really big-time offers (not IU - Alabama, Clemson...). It seems the Allen connection and the lure of immediate PT got him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT