ADVERTISEMENT

Atrocious

We will get mugged because the B1G wants it that way. You.could see how they were allowing the guards to swat down and be aggressive. Unfortunately, it happens in every league

• Sad
Reactions: Boiler Buck
We will get mugged because the B1G wants it that way. You.could see how they were allowing the guards to swat down and be aggressive. Unfortunately, it happens in every league
I hear you, but man. How many times has Loyer been thrown to the ground in recent games? Opposing coaches are starting to take note. Want to take him out of his game? Just mug the shit out of him on ball screens or push him in the back when he's in position for a rebound. The dude is going to get hurt.

How about not throwing the ball out of bounds...or to Northwestern? Maybe control what we can before ref whining?
You got to know basketball to understand. When you start getting hacked, not getting fouls you get frustrated and try to force things. Coming from Zach and CMP both complaining about non calls tells me what you don't understand. Yes, we lost but it was because the refs allowed them to be overly aggressive. It's not surprising. You could see the change of what they were allowing and our team reacted in frustration instead of calm heads. It happens.....

Congrats to NW.

The refs are going to allow this until someone gets hurt (aka Haas) I guess?

But long term this is very good practice for Purdue. They have to learn how to fight through this. They will see it EVERY game the rest of the way.
First, better coach em up & make team adjustments.
Second, for sure work the refs better CMP.
Third, if they are allowing rough play, get rough yourself.

Last edited:
You got to know basketball to understand. When you start getting hacked, not getting fouls you get frustrated and try to force things. Coming from Zach and CMP both complaining about non calls tells me what you don't understand. Yes, we lost but it was because the refs allowed them to be overly aggressive. It's not surprising. You could see the change of what they were allowing and our team reacted in frustration instead of calm heads. It happens.....
OR HOW ABOUT we just call the rules correctly? How ****ing hard is that? How ****ing hard is it to operate a shot clock? Not blow a blocked shot? Call any of the muggings that even the announcers are giggling about?

big choke job , just standing around watching, Loyer disappearing again got to get stronger, Newman and Jenkins no shots falling
Yep, I’m not too concerned about it, this is college hoops, games like this happen. Smith and Loyer were terrible today, I’ll still go to war with them anyday of the week though.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Yep, I’m not too concerned about it, this is college hoops, games like this happen. Smith and Loyer were terrible today, I’ll still go to war with them anyday of the week though.
Oof. Not concerned?

This loss — the way it happened — is really concerning for me.

Refs in the tourney will swallow their whistles to favor guard play. Just like they did today.

How many threes in a row, wide open did we miss? The refs were bad,our guards and shooting were worse

Congrats to NW.

The refs are going to allow this until someone gets hurt (aka Haas) I guess?

But long term this is very good practice for Purdue. They have to learn how to fight through this. They will see it EVERY game the rest of the way. First, better coach em up & make team adjustments. Second, for sure work the refs better CMP. Third, if they are allowing rough play, get rough yourself.
I completely agree with points one and two. There are improvements to be made, and I'm certain the team will work on them. But to your point number three? Really? Purdue did "get rough" as you suggest and paid dearly for it. Keep in mind, this wasn't Michigan State or IU with all their history and pedigree we were fighting against today. The advantage was given to Northwestern. Northwestern. Let that sink in....

O
Yep, I’m not too concerned about it, this is college hoops, games like this happen. Smith and Loyer were terrible today, I’ll still go to war with them anyday of the week though
Games like this SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, EVER!!!!

1- Flagrant 1
2- Edey bleeding, literally bleeding from multiple wounds
3- up 1 down the stretch and TWO guys clobber Edey when he has the ball 7 and a half Feet in the air, just to turn around and call a foul 90’ from northwesterns basket.
4- Loyer gets hammered multiple times and no call
5- smith gets fouled every possession

Here’s the big thing, we’re playing not to foul, they’re BEGGGGGGING the refs to blow the whistle!

Purdue fouls 17
Northwestern fouls 17

Complete embarrassment from those officials today. We flat out, out played them.

If you can’t see any of that you don’t know basketball.

Screw the big ten officials

Last edited:
OR HOW ABOUT we just call the rules correctly? How ****ing hard is that? How ****ing hard is it to operate a shot clock? Not blow a blocked shot? Call any of the muggings that even the announcers are giggling about?
I'm not disagreeing with you. If it's a foul, it's a foul. This is exactly why refs at any level can determine an outcome, but our players got frustrated, made bad decisions and we lost. If, we had relaxed and got into our sets the outcome would've been different. Instead our primary ball handlers made bad decisions and had multiple TO's. I wonder if Jenkins would have calmed this team down? Growing pains for everyone.

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
Oof. Not concerned?

This loss — the way it happened — is really concerning for me.

Refs in the tourney will swallow their whistles to favor guard play. Just like they did today.
I'm concerned because it looked like some of the past Big Dance games. In the prediction thread, I had the loss to iu, away at Maryland, and possibly a head scratcher. We've been squeaky by some lesser teams before and it catches up

I could not agree more....and the announcers seemed to be agreeing. NW freaking mugged us most of the game with few fouls. This crap is UFB and makes me lose confidence in sports. And yes as someone mentioned above, this is why the Big Ten looks like shit in the tournament these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT