ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Malik Hall?

northside100

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2001
Three visits seems like a serios level of interest, any chance he commits any time soon? Im surprised there’s not a Malik appreciation thread by this point, when was the last time outside of Biggie that we landed a Top 50 recruit?

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Three visits seems like a serios level of interest, any chance he commits any time soon? Im surprised there’s not a Malik appreciation thread by this point, when was the last time outside of Biggie that we landed a Top 50 recruit?
I believe 2007 with the Baby Boilers.

Well then, there's no better time than the present.

Mr Hall seems like a perfect fit for becoming the next in a long line of outstanding Boilermaker basketball players.

Besides the obvious talents on the basketball court, from what little I've been able to read, he seems like a fine young man, have a good head on his shoulders, is a good student and is the type of citizen that would flourish in Purdue's environment.

On the court, he can't go wrong with the development and guidance of the coaching and training staff, which would put him in the best position to continue his playing days well after his college days are done.

Besides all of the above mentioned benefits, he would also happen to earn a degree from one of the country's finest Universities, and become a part of Boilernation's limitless family of support, contacts, and join a network of the top leaders and innovators spread all around the country and the world.

He will do well wherever he decides, but could really reach a whole new level of potential by becoming the next Boilermaker.

Northside: How's that?

https://247sports.com/Article/Oregon-Louisville-Texas-recruiting-Malik-Hall-the-hardest-119168808/

This why I haven’t been holding my breath. Not mentioned in top 3 “recruiting him the hardest.”

Two thoughts:
That article was written on June 19th (two weeks ago), before the latest visit to Purdue, so things could have changed since then.

But then again...

He says in the article, when asked "When it comes to basketball, is there a certain style or system you are looking for?" His answer was:
(A) "Fast paced system for sure. We can slow it down some. But I do like moving quick up and down and not slow it down to run a bunch of sets."

So, it would all depend on what he feels Purdue really is? He either thinks "the motion" is a limiting offense, where he wouldn't be able to showcase his skills; or he could see Purdue's highly ranked offense (in average scoring in the B1G the last couple years), and realize that things aren't always what they seem, or are made out to be... ???

Who knows what factors are most important to any one recruit; I wouldn't want to be a coach trying to recruit in this day and age.

Two thoughts:
That article was written on June 19th (two weeks ago), before the latest visit to Purdue, so things could have changed since then.

But then again...

He says in the article, when asked "When it comes to basketball, is there a certain style or system you are looking for?" His answer was:
(A) "Fast paced system for sure. We can slow it down some. But I do like moving quick up and down and not slow it down to run a bunch of sets."

So, it would all depend on what he feels Purdue really is? He either thinks "the motion" is a limiting offense, where he wouldn't be able to showcase his skills; or he could see Purdue's highly ranked offense (in average scoring in the B1G the last couple years), and realize that things aren't always what they seem, or are made out to be... ???

Who knows what factors are most important to any one recruit; I wouldn't want to be a coach trying to recruit in this day and age.
I suspect our team this year will play noticeably quicker than recent teams. I don’t think that should be a concern. The perception may still be there but I don’t think it will be reality.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and Roeder
https://247sports.com/Article/Oregon-Louisville-Texas-recruiting-Malik-Hall-the-hardest-119168808/

This why I haven’t been holding my breath. Not mentioned in top 3 “recruiting him the hardest.”

Oregon is tough to recruit against with their system and the $$$ Nike puts into that program. I still think 3 visits to Purdue says something, especially if he values family being able to watch him play from Chicago. Definitely not going to hold my breath either with the competition for this guy though.

Purdue really didn’t waste time finding shots last season.
This...not sure why everyone, especially here, thinks Purdue is some plodding and slow Princeton-esqe offense still. CMP runs a fluid motion offense based on what the defense is giving them. CMP values good quality shots and that can be had at anytime in the shot clock...he knows his team doesn’t need a quick shot just because it can. That is where Carsen made such a significant jump...he understood he can get his shot any time he really wants, but to be patient he can get a great shot most of the time.

Purdue really didn’t waste time finding shots last season.
Here is the farce propagated by some (not intended for you or anyone in this thread)...there exists a certain amount of time to get the ball up the court in a meaninful and not haphazard way. Generally, there are more misses than makes or just as many meaning there is a 50% chance of a rebound and so most teams shoot the ball before the clock runs out to try to get a decent shot and allow a rebound. Teh difference left (after getting the ball into some scoring position and shooting it before the clock runs out to allow a rebound and not a forced shot...is seconds. Just how different can styles be with the shot clock? Is 5 seconds or so that much different as far as pace? Sure there are different ways (shot clock hurts this too) a team can get a shot...but the pace is not that different considering all teh other things a player should care...at least in my view

Well then, there's no better time than the present.

Mr Hall seems like a perfect fit for becoming the next in a long line of outstanding Boilermaker basketball players.

Besides the obvious talents on the basketball court, from what little I've been able to read, he seems like a fine young man, have a good head on his shoulders, is a good student and is the type of citizen that would flourish in Purdue's environment.

On the court, he can't go wrong with the development and guidance of the coaching and training staff, which would put him in the best position to continue his playing days well after his college days are done.

Besides all of the above mentioned benefits, he would also happen to earn a degree from one of the country's finest Universities, and become a part of Boilernation's limitless family of support, contacts, and join a network of the top leaders and innovators spread all around the country and the world.

He will do well wherever he decides, but could really reach a whole new level of potential by becoming the next Boilermaker.

Northside: How's that?
Perfect!

Does that mean that Painter shouldn’t be fired?
By some accounts on here, yes. But then again those people calling for him to be fired by not literally forcing a recruit to come to Purdue have no sense of reality to begin with.

I would love to see those people held in the same light at their job that they try to impose on Painter. I'm actually surprised they haven't blamed Painter for the people leaving GBI.

This...not sure why everyone, especially here, thinks Purdue is some plodding and slow Princeton-esqe offense still. CMP runs a fluid motion offense based on what the defense is giving them. CMP values good quality shots and that can be had at anytime in the shot clock...he knows his team doesn’t need a quick shot just because it can. That is where Carsen made such a significant jump...he understood he can get his shot any time he really wants, but to be patient he can get a great shot most of the time.

I’m sure we’ll finish second.

Neither is calling for a successful coach like Painter to get fired because he didn't land someone.

Hall is obviously very very interested in PU. If we lost him for not trying hard enough then yes "someone" needs to get fired. Fired for "not trying hard enough" for someone with so much interests in Pudue not for not landing him.

Now get out your pom poms and say yay Painter...

Last edited:
Or I could think Biggie, Vince Edwards, Haas, Hummel, JJ, E'Twaan... etc.

So nope, your point holds no water. Plus Purdue fans don't use the word 'Bra'.

Sorry bra, but none of those guys had Oregon on their final list of schools.

Bra..

Are you smarter than Michael Ray Richardson? Doubt it bra.
Based on your over-use of 'bra' I can tell that continuing this conversation is going to be like trying to explain physics to a turnip.

Your point about Purdue putting people in the NBA has been invalidated, own up to your mistake and move on. Either way, I'm not going to respond to you any longer since you have nothing of worth to add.

Or I could think Biggie, Vince Edwards, Haas, Hummel, JJ, E'Twaun... etc.

So nope, your point holds no water.
How many players with actual NBA contracts (not summer league deals) does Purdue have vs Oregon right now? I'm going to venture out and say Oregon has more than 2 players with a real NBA contract at this point.

How many players with actual NBA contracts (not summer league deals) does Purdue have vs Oregon right now? I'm going to venture out and say Oregon has more than 2 players with a real NBA contract at this point.
I'm not really surprised you are jumping on the side against Purdue and yet still missing the point. I mean I don't expect a peegster to do a simple google search and find all the 32ish players Purdue has put in the NBA.

Now run along back to your iu forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT