ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Malik Hall?

I'm not really surprised you are jumping on the side against Purdue and yet still missing the point. I mean I don't expect a peegster to do a simple google search and find all the 32ish players Purdue has put in the NBA.

Now run along back to your iu forum.
I'm talking about currently in the NBA. I did the research, and Oregon has 4 on NBA contracts, while Purdue has 2. Not as big a difference as I was originally expecting actually.

I'm talking about currently in the NBA. I did the research, and Oregon has 4 on NBA contracts, while Purdue has 2. Not as big a difference as I was originally expecting actually.
And the point of the argument was NBA as a whole as the topic was literally about 'putting people in the NBA' , try and keep up if you're going to interject peegster.

For example:

Purdue vs Oregon

32 > 29 in case you were wondering. Again it's no surprise you try to split hairs to make Purdue look bad, since that is essentially all you do on here.

And the point of the argument was NBA as a whole as the topic was literally about 'putting people in the NBA' , try and keep up if you're going to interject peegster.

For example:

Purdue vs Oregon

32 > 29 in case you were wondering. Again it's no surprise you try to split hairs to make Purdue look bad, since that is essentially all you do on here.
Would a recruit today care about players getting to the NBA under previous coaching staffs, or would they only look at what the current coach has done? If I'm an elite recruit, and I care about how a school/coach has done getting players in the NBA, then I'm looking at players each currently has in the NBA.

Would a recruit today care about players getting to the NBA under previous coaching staffs, or would they only look at what the current coach has done? If I'm an elite recruit, and I care about how a school/coach has done getting players in the NBA, then I'm looking at players each currently has in the NBA.
But wait, I thought you peegsters always preach about the history of your banners? Now history doesn't matter? Pick an argument and stick with it.

The point still remains that the players got to the NBA, what they do at that point is on them to succeed. You keep splitting hairs but are falling very short of your goal at trashing Purdue.

But wait, I thought you peegsters always preach about the history of your banners? Now history doesn't matter? Pick an argument and stick with it.

The point still remains that the players got to the NBA, what they do at that point is on them to succeed. You keep splitting hairs but are falling very short of your goal at trashing Purdue.
I gotta ask.... Are you two the same person? Similar posting styles and similar names.

Plus you two seem to always come around the same time and reapond mostly to one another.... Hmmmmnnm.........

Not sure what IU fans holding onto ancient history has to do with this conversation. There are many ways Painter should be pitching Purdue. I'm not of the opinion that "I get players to the NBA" is one of them.

Not sure what IU fans holding onto ancient history has to do with this conversation.
Because you're an iu fan pretending to be a Boiler? And that is all you peegsters preach about.

There are many ways Painter should be pitching Purdue. I'm not of the opinion that "I get players to the NBA" is one of them.
And you would be incorrect and the data proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Kinda like how you were incorrect about being in the room with Gillis.

I gotta ask.... Are you two the same person? Similar posting styles and similar names.

Plus you two seem to always come around the same time and reapond mostly to one another.... Hmmmmnnm.........
Nope I have no reason to post as anyone but myself. I didn't start this back and forth he did, but I am sure going to correct someone that completely misses the point.

But I've done my part and proven Purdue puts people in the NBA, so now I am going to go do other things and let the troll continue if he wants.

Because you're an iu fan pretending to be a Boiler? And that is all you peegsters preach about.

And you would be incorrect and the data proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Kinda like how you were incorrect about being in the room with Gillis.
The data certainly does not back it up. Painter has had 6 players make an NBA roster in 13 years. Of those 6, 2 have managed to be role players or better. The other 4 never got into an NBA rotation.

Last edited:
The data certainly does not back it up. Painter has had 6 players make an NBA roster in 13 years. Of those 6, 2 have managed to be roll players or better. The other 4 never got into an NBA rotation.

As for "roll Players": is that at the Craps tables in Las Vegas or at the bakery in the Kaiser and Ciabatta sections that they participate? Just wondering.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Based on your over-use of 'bra' I can tell that continuing this conversation is going to be like trying to explain physics to a turnip.

Your point about Purdue putting people in the NBA has been invalidated, own up to your mistake and move on. Either way, I'm not going to respond to you any longer since you have nothing of worth to add.

You mad bra?

And you're just trolling.
The "feisty" post was trolling. My other posts have not been. Just because someone doesn't share your exact same opinions about Purdue basketball doesn't make them a troll.

No kidding. Which then only triggered our internal trolls.

Each day this board is getting harder to read. Which is sad really since I've been part of it dating back to is pre-rivals days.
oh so agreed ... I've gone from having it open all day to checking every couple of days. No fun = no check.

Reactions: BBG
The "feisty" post was trolling. My other posts have not been. Just because someone doesn't share your exact same opinions about Purdue basketball doesn't make them a troll.
I have zero problem with people disagreeing with me. Plus it's hard to share or not share my opinion when I haven't really posted one on this matter.

What makes you a troll is you consistently go out of your way to stir posters up either by lying or poking them like in this thread. I am reformed troll-poster myself so I recognize the mannerisms.

For whatever reason you have let Boiledsteel get under your skin and now you're seeking him out like here. Let it go if that is not your intention. Otherwise you are only feeding the reputation you've acquired for yourself here.

Now before you get cranky because I'm pointing this at you and not steel, you are the one engaging me on this subject and not him. But seriously, let it go man. Say your bit and stop responding of things go down the tubes.

I have zero problem with people disagreeing with me. Plus it's hard to share or not share my opinion when I haven't really posted one on this matter.

What makes you a troll is you consistently go out of your way to stir posters up either by lying or poking them like in this thread. I am reformed troll-poster myself so I recognize the mannerisms.

For whatever reason you have let Boiledsteel get under your skin and now you're seeking him out like here. Let it go if that is not your intention. Otherwise you are only feeding the reputation you've acquired for yourself here.

Now before you get cranky because I'm pointing this at you and not steel, you are the one engaging me on this subject and not him. But seriously, let it go man. Say your bit and stop responding of things go down the tubes.
I responded to Steel without trolling. Even when he continued to call me a "Peegster", I stuck to the topic and layed out the data to back up my points. That's how disagreements are supposed to happen on here.

I responded to Steel without trolling. Even when he continued to call me a "Peegster", I stuck to the topic and layed out the data to back up my points. That's how disagreements are supposed to happen on here.
But you're intentionally stirring the pot. That's the point as not all troll posts involve name calling.

Anyway I said my piece so am moving on . You can either continue to foster the stigma you have on here or be better. That choice is up to you bud.

Have a good one.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

What ever happened to Casey and, of course, his brother? Haven't seen him, them, on here for awhile.

Is there any news on this?

Is Purdue looking at 2 more kids in 2019 or more? They have Gillis and Thompson.

Any news on Hall, Timme, others? Thx.

But you're intentionally stirring the pot. That's the point as not all troll posts involve name calling.

Anyway I said my piece so am moving on . You can either continue to foster the stigma you have on here or be better. That choice is up to you bud.

Have a good one.
How did I stir the pot? I saw a post a disagreed with, and then stated why I disagreed and provided data to back it up...

I guess it's only stirring the pot if the comment isnt over the top pro Painter.

Reactions: nagemj02
Purdue has had 10 players drafted in the last 50 years that ended up playing over 100 games in the NBA.

How about this interesting, yet unrelated, stat...………
The top ten schools with the most consensus first-team All-Americans are listed below, ranked by total number of selections. For a complete list, please see the official NCAA records.

School Selections Players Most Recent
Kansas 30 23 2018 (Devonte' Graham)
North Carolina 27 18 2017 (Justin Jackson)
Kentucky 26 21 2016 (Tyler Ulis)
Purdue 26 18 2017 (Caleb Swanigan)
Penn 24 14 1953 (Ernie Beck)
Notre Dame 23 14 2015 (Jerian Grant)
UCLA 22 15 2017 (Lonzo Ball)
Duke 22 19 2018 (Marvin Bagley III)
Wisconsin 21 18 2015 (Frank Kaminsky)
Columbia 19 13 1957 (Chet Forte)

Now, there is something you can tell your friends!

Yeah, I was wondering why he kept calling everyone a women's undergarment.
I think he is just a bit confused, about whose board this is, about his sexuality, and maybe who his father was. He’s to be pitied, I suppose. Perhaps he is here thinking we can help him, but he seeks shelter where there is little. Perhaps, he needs to find a nice bridge to crawl under?

Reactions: Schnelk
Is there any news on this?

Is Purdue looking at 2 more kids in 2019 or more? They have Gillis and Thompson.

Any news on Hall, Timme, others? Thx.

Thanks for getting this back on topic....

They have room to take 2 more for the '19 class. 3 if they oversign in expectation of Carsen going pro or someone else leaving the program. (I personally think they only oversign if the 5th to commit is a big fish that decides late like TJD or Brooks, so not a high chance that happens....)

There is a pay article on Halls visit. It looks like he scrimmaged with the team. No news about Timme other than a poster with family connections saying he likely will sign with a school in Texas.

How about this interesting, yet unrelated, stat...………
The top ten schools with the most consensus first-team All-Americans are listed below, ranked by total number of selections. For a complete list, please see the official NCAA records.

School Selections Players Most Recent
Kansas 30 23 2018 (Devonte' Graham)
North Carolina 27 18 2017 (Justin Jackson)
Kentucky 26 21 2016 (Tyler Ulis)
Purdue 26 18 2017 (Caleb Swanigan)
Penn 24 14 1953 (Ernie Beck)
Notre Dame 23 14 2015 (Jerian Grant)
UCLA 22 15 2017 (Lonzo Ball)
Duke 22 19 2018 (Marvin Bagley III)
Wisconsin 21 18 2015 (Frank Kaminsky)
Columbia 19 13 1957 (Chet Forte)

Now, there is something you can tell your friends!

I didn't know this stat. Unexpected.

Should add no. 27 and 19 this year

This is true. But a troll is a troll no matter what their opinion is. And you have proven yourself to be a troll.

Reactions: Heller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT