ADVERTISEMENT

Another sad week to be a Biden voter and mentally ill lib

You got it bad, real bad. Had Trump said the truly racist remarks Biden has said over and over for decades, I would agree with you that he is a racist. His impeachments were brought about by the Democrats to stop the government working for the people. Democrats fearful of any good things done, Trump would get credit and they would have a hard time regaining power. The last part of your post is just nonsense.
That's what's hilarious here. This is how blind people like @BNIBoiler are. There are TONS of racist remarks from Biden yet he votes for him. Almost nothing like that at ALL from Trump and Trump is somehow the biggest racist ever. Absolute lunacy.

Chump got impeached twice for the sole reason that he was a jackass and a horrible person. If the dems just disagreed with his ideology only, like Bush the Elder and Younger, he would have never been impeached. His rhetoric, racist comments and actions, misogyny, his lies after lies after lies is what got him impeached twice. The dems were waiting for him to do something egregious. The "perfect phone call" happened and he was impeached. Lucky for Chump that the dems did not control the Senate at the time. Otherwise, he would have been gone with the quickness.
He was impeached twice on charges that had no grounds. JFC lol

@BSIT The issue here is that both of you are using the word culture, but you're both talking about different things. A people's culture can be tied to their race which is what PF1 assumes BSIT is saying. BSIT is talking about a countries culture. Totally different. Has nothing to do with race.
Correct, my cultural perspective is colorblind as are the USA's laws

Last edited:
That's what's hilarious here. This is how blind people like @BNIBoiler are. There are TONS of racist remarks from Biden yet he votes for him. Almost nothing like that at ALL from Trump and Trump is somehow the biggest racist ever. Absolute lunacy.
@BNIBoiler has chained himself to the Democrats. Biden is a proven racist but it’s Trump who has held klan rallies they say. Robert Byrd’s name should send shivers down the spine of black Democrats but they choose to ignore reality.

Threats. Lmao. So you’re a liar too. You righties sure have that victim card down pat.
No threat at all. Not being able to back it up was in reference to calling me a racist. I'll accept the asshole part. Sorry it took so long and that you thought I was threatening you, but I spent yesterday splitting some wood and the ole back isn't what it used to be and today was filled taking care of some tours in Italy.

I'm old not near as quick and strong as years ago which is just fine, since I matured past the emotional outbursts and potential physical confrontations that might have existed in my youth. Nobody wins in those situations and I'm sorry you took my back it up as a threat...that wasn't my intent.

You guys used to simply try whataboutism with Biden........ clumsily saying Biden was no better than trump, stretching and lying words and actions to compare Biden to trump on every topic.

Now you just throw all facts into the trash. Trump didn't do or say anything wrong. Joe is the racist, Joe screwed up Covid, Joe should be impeached, Joe is insulting Gold Star families, Joe is sucking up to terrorist regimes.

At ALL from Trump? TONS from Biden? Really?

No threat at all. Not being able to back it up was in reference to calling me a racist. I'll accept the asshole part. Sorry it took so long and that you thought I was threatening you, but I spent yesterday splitting some wood and the ole back isn't what it used to be and today was filled taking care of some tours in Italy.

I'm old not near as quick and strong as years ago which is just fine, since I matured past the emotional outbursts and potential physical confrontations that might have existed in my youth. Nobody wins in those situations and I'm sorry you took my back it up as a threat...that wasn't my intent.
"Third world culture" has been brought into this country for generations. If I understood your comment, you think that's a bad thing. I don't know if that fits the definition of racism........because that term seems to take on a different meaning everyday.........but it doesn't align with the principles on which our country was founded. We don't reject people because they come from a different culture or because they don't come from developed nations.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
You guys used to simply try whataboutism with Biden........ clumsily saying Biden was no better than trump, stretching and lying words and actions to compare Biden to trump on every topic.

Now you just throw all facts into the trash. Trump didn't do or say anything wrong. Joe is the racist, Joe screwed up Covid, Joe should be impeached, Joe is insulting Gold Star families, Joe is sucking up to terrorist regimes.

Funny Bob sounds just like you posting about Trump for 4 years. Your hypocrisy is so amusing

Reactions: SKYDOG
So you just doubled down on the racism. Nice. There’s no justified reason to say that other cultures are inferior other than to be a racist prick. Also, your story is just a stupid anecdote. There are places in this country that don’t have electricity too. So what’s your fukking point?

You just aren’t very smart. I know you think you’re rolling out a bunch of gotchas here but sorry chump, you’re not. It’s cool that your other troll buddies on here are part of your klan, but that’s the MO of your little group on here: just double down on being trash.

i'll bet you $1000 to your favorite charity (BLM perhaps) that you can't go 3 posts without calling someone a racist.

Last edited:

BNI actually excused Biden's racist remarks. He said that a lot of older people say things that they don't realize are offensive or racist. So, he gives Biden a pass for all his racial gaffs.
Now Hunter, and his proclivity for using the N word so freely, that' another story and BNI and outrightly acknowledged that Hunter is a raging racist.

You might have the worst TDS I've ever seen. BNI has a pretty base case of it, but you've got him beat by far.

Could you guys reply to me without saying TDS and using it as an excuse not to talk about the issues?
As long as you continue to have it people will respond to your TDS . You have it in another post you just made ''and trump is a dumbass'' So which is it Bob? Have any criticism for the POS you voted for?

Reactions: SKYDOG and Level 42
1pry9VNv.jpeg

"Third world culture" has been brought into this country for generations. If I understood your comment, you think that's a bad thing. I don't know if that fits the definition of racism........because that term seems to take on a different meaning everyday.........but it doesn't align with the principles on which our country was founded. We don't reject people because they come from a different culture or because they don't come from developed nations.
Bob, the southern border is nothing like Ellis Island and so there is no comparable representation that can be made. Sure, most of the immigrants were Europeans. I have some native Indian heritage, but “mostly” Welsh, German and British. Historically, the people that came here wanted to assimilate into the culture of the USA and were expected to embrace the laws and constitution. The “vetting” would consist of checking the ship records as well as a cursory medical check physically and mentally. Although a small percent, some were sent back and others would have to stay longer for more interrogation. Anyone that has done genealogy knows there were many misspellings due to the haste and just recording what they thought they heard for last names. An intent was to determine if the person in question could take care of himself or herself and fulfill the demands to stay in the USA. Additionally, they would try to ascertain if the person was a danger to society. That is a far cry from those sneaking across the border in which many are not capable of taking care of himself or herself and as shown in Mexifornia with no desire to assimilate. Had there been pushbutton phones I’m sure it would not have been expected to push 1 for English since everyone was expected to learn English. My previous father-in-law failed first grade because he had not yet learned English well enough. His parents came over from Austria Hungary. His mother could speak nine languages and write seven.

Immigrants came to the land for “opportunity” not handouts and wanted to embrace the culture of the USA where freedom was allowed and individual responsibility was expected…which is a far cry from today. FWIW, I have a cyber friend Richard or Ricardo Munro that teaches AP Spanish and AP history in Bakersfield, California(I'm sure he can be found in book reviews and such) We could be found on a national educational forum quite regularly and there was a time that Prop 227 was in play in California. He was Scottish and his wife Hispanic, but he knew that the success of many of his students was due to learning English as is generally believed in Mexico since many students take English in Mexico. However, there was opposition by many that thought it was too much of an expectation for these students to learn English and should be taught in their own language…which as I referenced was quite different than years before. There truly was a “melting pot” years ago around where all those immigrants shared a common bond. Today, people describe the USA as a salad bowl where the onions are over here, the carrots over here and so forth with distinct differences. As I mentioned before, Intersectionality spits in the face of the melting pot concept.

Cultures without outside influence tend to die off and so there is a need for outside contact in some fashion to keep abreast of a changing world. However, cultures that are not forced to assimilate take with them the same culture they left and THAT is what is happening today that never happened years ago. I’m reminded of the “Field Of Dreams” and that if you build it, they will come…
01FEXFW97MYV4P0B426JSVGJG8.jpeg

Last edited:
Bob, the southern border is nothing like Ellis Island and so there is no comparable representation that can be made. Sure, most of the immigrants were Europeans. I have some native Indian heritage, but “mostly” Welsh, German and British. Historically, the people that came here wanted to assimilate into the culture of the USA and were expected to embrace the laws and constitution. The “vetting” would consist of checking the ship records as well as a cursory medical check physically and mentally. Although a small percent, some were sent back and others would have to stay longer for more interrogation. Anyone that has done genealogy knows there were many misspellings due to the haste and just recording what they thought they heard for last names. An intent was to determine if the person in question could take care of himself or herself and fulfill the demands to stay in the USA. Additionally, they would try to ascertain if the person was a danger to society. That is a far cry from those sneaking across the border in which many are not capable of taking care of himself or herself and as shown in Mexifornia with no desire to assimilate. Had there been pushbutton phones I’m sure it would not have been expected to push 1 for English since everyone was expected to learn English. My previous father-in-law failed first grade because he had not yet learned English well enough. His parents came over from Austria Hungary. His mother could speak nine languages and write seven.

Immigrants came to the land for “opportunity” not handouts and wanted to embrace the culture of the USA where freedom was allowed and individual responsibility was expected…which is a far cry from today. FWIW, I have a cyber friend Richard or Ricardo Munro that teaches AP Spanish and AP history in Bakersfield, California(I'm sure he can be found in book reviews and such) We could be found on a national educational forum quite regularly and there was a time that Prop 227 was in play in California. He was Scottish and his wife Hispanic, but he knew that the success of many of his students was due to learning English as is generally believed in Mexico since many students take English in Mexico. However, there was opposition by many that thought it was too much of an expectation for these students to learn English and should be taught in their own language…which as I referenced was quite different than years before. There truly was a “melting pot” years ago around where all those immigrants shared a common bond. Today, people describe the USA as a salad bowl where the onions are over here, the carrots over here and so forth with distinct differences. As I mentioned before, Intersectionality spits in the face of the melting pot concept.

Cultures without outside influence tend to die off and so there is a need for outside contact in some fashion to keep abreast of a changing world. However, cultures that are not forced to assimilate take with them the same culture they left and THAT is what is happening today that never happened years ago. I’m reminded of the “Field Of Dreams” and that if you build it, they will come…
Excellent post of the true American values that this country was founded on. Thanks for sharing!

Why don't you just try and refute the issue in which I was talking about vs this generic attempt. Show me what Trump said that was racist and try to show me that what Biden has said wasn't racist. It's not even comparable.

Just a sample of Biden's racist remarks:

“unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

------------------------------

Biden angrily fired back with the suggestion that the black reporter was a drug addict.

“That’s like saying you . . . before you got in this program, you’re take [sic] a test whether you’re taking cocaine or not,” Biden said. “What do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?”

--------------------------------

“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

"poor kids can be just as smart as white kids"

His description of Obama

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

We could go on and on.

Last edited:

Very very well said.

Thanks for the history lesson. From your post it sounds like you're pissed off that immigrants don't assimilate like they used to. It also sounds like your definition of assimilation means learning english. Seems like a pretty narrow one to me.

The common bond of immigrants coming to this country is english? I thought it was freedom and economic opportunity. Maybe you should some what they think.

From the time of the first immigrants, there were always onions over here and carrots over there. People of different nationalities and races grouped together in cities and states all over this country. I'm sure I don't need to give you examples. What are you talking about? If you ask me, America is more of a melting pot than ever before. Economic opportunity has allowed people to move out of the neighborhood and live wherever they want. People of different nationalities and races are getting married and having children. How do you get more melted than that?

I don't know if you've lived or traveled there, but the third world culture of Mexico has been in the Southwest and California since before the white man ever arrived.

What is it about these people and their culture, besides the fact that we aren't forcing them to assimilate, that bothers you? Is it their food, the way they dress, their music, their sports?

Your motivation is clearly explained by the meme you posted at the end........because your argument about common bond and assimilation makes no sense. It's political for you........and you're trying to justify a very questionable reference to people coming over the border and their "third world culture"......which has been in this country for hundreds of years. I guess we should stop people from Jamaica and Niger and Uzbekistan from coming here too.

Thanks for the history lesson. From your post it sounds like you're pissed off that immigrants don't assimilate like they used to. It also sounds like your definition of assimilation means learning english. Seems like a pretty narrow one to me.

The common bond of immigrants coming to this country is english? I thought it was freedom and economic opportunity. Maybe you should some what they think.

From the time of the first immigrants, there were always onions over here and carrots over there. People of different nationalities and races grouped together in cities and states all over this country. I'm sure I don't need to give you examples. What are you talking about? If you ask me, America is more of a melting pot than ever before. Economic opportunity has allowed people to move out of the neighborhood and live wherever they want. People of different nationalities and races are getting married and having children. How do you get more melted than that?

I don't know if you've lived or traveled there, but the third world culture of Mexico has been in the Southwest and California since before the white man ever arrived.

What is it about these people and their culture, besides the fact that we aren't forcing them to assimilate, that bothers you? Is it their food, the way they dress, their music, their sports?

Your motivation is clearly explained by the meme you posted at the end........because your argument about common bond and assimilation makes no sense. It's political for you........and you're trying to justify a very questionable reference to people coming over the border and their "third world culture"......which has been in this country for hundreds of years. I guess we should stop people from Jamaica and Niger and Uzbekistan from coming here too.
Any other country people emigrate to it would be expected to assimilate to a degree to that country. @BuilderBob6 did you make a career out of being stupid?

Reactions: Boilermaker03

Actually Bob, I've spent quite a bit of time in Mexico...off the top of my head probably 12-15 different places multiple times. I've enjoyed all I met. Mexico years ago was very corrupt, but a lot safer than today. YOu give a guy a dollar to watch your car hopeful that another doesn't offer $2. I've not been to Mexico City, but have been to the next two largest cities a few times in Guadajara and Monterrey (Saltio is not large, but fairly close to Monterrey) and many of the border towns where store fronts are just that for some drug trafficking. Some of those border towns are in the news with all the illegals...Reynosa, Nogales, Juarez and Tijuana. Not quite as big as Monterrey or Guadjuara are Hermosillo, San Carlos (very pretty), Guaymas and Empalme...the last three on the Sea of Cortez. My oldest son is married to a hispanic and lived in California for a few years. My motivation is straight forward and quite simple and it was to show the huge difference in legal immigration of years ago and the anything goes now for voters to grow dependency on the government.

There was nothing hidden in what I said that required you to define your thoughts through various assumptions in how to paint a picture of what you wanted rather than what I said. Any honest person knows there is no comparison to what is going on at the southern border and what took place years ago...and do you really think these people have the skill sets to not add to the many here that already don't want to work? Again, the melting pot is about blending in to the existing culture. It has nothing to do with this skin color or marrying a different skin color. Intersectionalityh is for simple minds...concepts for those capable of thought. I've asked this before and you are more than welcome to address it....show me the most oppressed person you have and I'll show you one more oppressed. Intersectionality has no logical end other than with the individual. Intersectionality spits in the face of the melting pot which is pretty easy to see and is only sold to those that haven't really thought about things, but like a fly regurgitating as it sits at the keyboard. We should desire a color blind society and melt in the pot of so many others that share similar beliefs of freedom, opportunity and the requisite responsibility that is required to allow those things.

Learning English should be a requisite for this country as should borders. When I mentioned Prop 227 in California it was in support of this man that I mentioned https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-munro-36a66219 and around that time you also had "progressives" wanting to teach Ebonics. I'm not making this up. Long before it was fashionable to be concerned about education. English is the medium of which assimilation happens. Credit for my references to cultures that die and grow was from Thomas Sowell's research tha the lists in his books...I just repeated what was historically accurate.

Adding to my first response to your guesswork assumptions is the following:

Bob, I’m not going to type nearly what I have in the past in various places because it is like visiting Chucky Cheese in that one head pops up and then another does later. You see, most want the education to be solid, but few really care to investigate if it is. It is quite prevalent that most would rather have someone tell them what to believe and regurgitate that. Today, unfortunately… lack of time pushes us down so many roads of interest we take, that we may not have time to understand what we should and are subjected to many opinions lacking substance. Therefore, you need to parse those things that are important versus those things that are not and with the media controlling so much that is available with no shortage of snake oil salesmen combined with our own inherent ignorance of so much…it is hard. You may not have heard of Gramsci, Hegel and The Frankfurt schools and the dialectic which was prevalent in some outcome based education…or just the influence in education over the years?

I will however introduce you to E.D. Hirsh that noticed some problems many years ago with children not having “Core Knowledge” or “Cultural Literacy” (somewhat the subject of this thread). The children of those times are big bodies now. Small minds perhaps, but big bodies. 😉 Although I have those books, I believe that E.D. has broken down the general concept of “Core Knowledge” in more detail for each grade. You can read a bit about E.D. here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._D._Hirsch Notice the timelines of which his concerns were published if interested. Sadly I admit I’m ignorant on an earlier book of his called Validity In Interpretation. That book sounds very interesting, but I find my wants of learning more conflicting with the physical activity I need for my health, the books I already have that I have not finished, and Purdue Football and Basketball. You won’t find me discussing woodworking, because I’m ignorant of it. Same for many areas. Here are some of his books https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ed+hirsch&i=stripbooks&crid=1EN2BB5RFQ91A&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_9 You see I value the years of study by people like E.D. Hirsch and Thomas Sowell rather than someone found in what should be news on the tube. Those people just aren’t that smart.

Relative to this “assimilation” interest, I’ll add to the info available from E.D. Hirsh (still not touching the Frankfurt Schools…you can read on that if you wish). I’m going to type what I have stated numerous times before, but not go into my own personal statistical coursework that made that subject of personal interest in previous analysis of testing interpretation. I’ll only mention that DIF (Differential Item Functioning) furthers the opportunity to prevent assimilation and was not considered years ago in evaluating or scoring tests. Like many things it sounds great, but could be devastating if alternative interests (which we have many) are at play. In short, if a demographic of interest does poorly in a particular area…maybe questions 15-20 or just question 17, those questions can be thrown out as biased (not due to being biased, but that the demographic shared similar areas of ignorance. Think about that! Obviously, just understanding that situation should be a concern. Years ago, demographics were not a consideration. Instead, misleading questions due to poor wording were of interest as well as general correlation of those that did well versus those that didn’t on particular questions. Obviously if the better scores missed question 17, that question didn’t appear to jive with the testing attempt and needs studied. Notice there was no concern for “demographics” just concern for well worded tests that covered the topics well with the intention that ALL should know these things. Completely different opportunities with DIF. That was pretty straightforward again….I think.

Tj, I have a couple questions, feel free to answer or not. It’s my understanding that when the ships arrived from Europe, 1st and 2nd class passengers disembarked, breezed thru customs, and entered the US. The theory being that if you could afford the ticket, you were less likely to be a problem. The 3rd class were then shipped to Ellis island to go through the immigration process. Despite many not knowing the English language as well as not even being literate in their own language, only around 2% of the millions that passed through Ellis island were rejected. Would you be for a similar process today at the southern border? Do you think that because the immigrants at the southern border are more likely to be unable to take care of themselves, are more likely to be seeking a handout, or are less likely to assimilate than the Ellis island immigrants would cause you to not be in favor of this? If we shared a common border with Europe rather than being separated by an ocean, do you think more European immigrants would have tried to “sneak” into the US during the late 1800s early 1900s?
How do you compare European immigrants of the Ellis island era’s work ethic, desire to assimilate, want for a free handout, etc with those of the Hispanics trying to cross the southern border today?
On a personal note, my grandparents emigrated from Belgium as toddlers in the early 1900s. They learned enough English in school to be employed at Studebaker & Ball Band as adults. They were kind and hard working people. Till the day they died, they socialized mostly with other Belgians at their ethnic club and almost exclusively spoke Flemish with their friends and each other at home. Where would they fall on an assimilation scale?

Reactions: mdthornb
Tj, I have a couple questions, feel free to answer or not. It’s my understanding that when the ships arrived from Europe, 1st and 2nd class passengers disembarked, breezed thru customs, and entered the US. The theory being that if you could afford the ticket, you were less likely to be a problem. The 3rd class were then shipped to Ellis island to go through the immigration process. Despite many not knowing the English language as well as not even being literate in their own language, only around 2% of the millions that passed through Ellis island were rejected. Would you be for a similar process today at the southern border? Do you think that because the immigrants at the southern border are more likely to be unable to take care of themselves, are more likely to be seeking a handout, or are less likely to assimilate than the Ellis island immigrants would cause you to not be in favor of this? If we shared a common border with Europe rather than being separated by an ocean, do you think more European immigrants would have tried to “sneak” into the US during the late 1800s early 1900s?
How do you compare European immigrants of the Ellis island era’s work ethic, desire to assimilate, want for a free handout, etc with those of the Hispanics trying to cross the southern border today?
On a personal note, my grandparents emigrated from Belgium as toddlers in the early 1900s. They learned enough English in school to be employed at Studebaker & Ball Band as adults. They were kind and hard working people. Till the day they died, they socialized mostly with other Belgians at their ethnic club and almost exclusively spoke Flemish with their friends and each other at home. Where would they fall on an assimilation scale?
One thing that appears different is Ellis Island immigrants had to be checked for disease before being permitted to be released into USA. It appears today's immigrants have to go through a physical check as well but it appears different. The wild card is the wave of illegals coming across the Southern Border. I could be wrong but I have not seen where they are processed the same

Last edited:
Thanks for the interesting read BSIT. Looks like they were looking for strapping hunks (so far I’m good, I’m in pretty good shape for a 59y/o) to join the labor force by weeding out those with debilitating diseases and senility (shit, guess I’d be heading back to Europe)

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
addressed in other response to this

Last edited:
Warning Teddy…do NOT read the following. There are a LOT of words and it isn’t worth your time.

First, I’ll comment that Belgium has produced some nice firearms and that I think Patton is buried there…not too far from Frankfurt, Germany I’m thinking. I’ll try to answer all seven of your questions. I’ll preface that by stating that I’m probably somewhere between Libertarian and Conservative on financial matters and that lean plays into my general thoughts on immigrants…legal or not. I’ll start by saying the personnel are different as are the requirements and situations of today and yesterday.

I’ll start by using basketball as an analogy. If I were coaching high school I would spend time practicing a delay game and want to be effective doing that. If I were coaching college, I wouldn’t spend time on a delay game since being effective under completely different conditions (shot clock) would not be important. So, even if the game was still basketball there would be no need for the same applications due to the different environment knowing I wanted to be effective. College and high school has different things of emphasis. Still, even with the same high school coaching the needs are different today than yesterday. Years ago I might spend a lot of time on jump ball positioning with all the different scenarios and locations on the court. Today, that requirement is not what is needed. Now even within the same rules of the game and at the same time (7th grade basketball versus high school), there would be things I would expect all to execute and things that would be different due to the personnel (personal differences between groups). The physical and mental parts are different for those players even if the desire of the game and rules are the same and your expectations are also different since we know the results are different.

Tj, I have a couple questions, feel free to answer or not. It’s my understanding that when the ships arrived from Europe, 1st and 2nd class passengers disembarked, breezed thru customs, and entered the US. The theory being that if you could afford the ticket, you were less likely to be a problem. The 3rd class were then shipped to Ellis island to go through the immigration process.

I have no background on that and it seems reasonable back then that you could be correct.

Despite many not knowing the English language as well as not even being literate in their own language, only around 2% of the millions that passed through Ellis island were rejected.

I believe that to be true, but haven’t checked it out

Would you be for a similar process today at the southern border?

No, not at all. What was effective in the world at that time, would not be nearly as effective as needed today…even with the same players AND rules. First, the southern border is allowing many to come across that will never be checked and so THAT situation shouldn’t get loss when considering the southern border because it is huge. Then for those that are being processed, I do not believe as a group the same reasons for coming to the USA. I do not think anyone years ago were looking for the USA to take care of them. I do not believe that is true for those that are actually going through a process. I believe that any and all immigrants should have a more stringent admittance than in the past or today…no matter where they are leaving.

Do you think that because the immigrants at the southern border are more likely to be unable to take care of themselves, are more likely to be seeking a handout, or are less likely to assimilate than the Ellis island immigrants would cause you to not be in favor of this?

I do believe the southern border situation is horrible for all the people coming across that are not caught and those caught. I believe it is bad in that it ties up the USA resources and focus as drug smugglers use the distraction to gain easier entrance into the USA which results in HUGE costs to the USA in lives, mental illness, resources and dollars. Then those that are actually going through the process we have no idea of their medical status and overall background. Had the USA been highly employed and shovel jobs were needed, then the skill sets might allow them to take care of themselves. I don’t believe they have the requisite skill sets to take care of themselves without pulling on an already taxed country.

If we shared a common border with Europe rather than being separated by an ocean, do you think more European immigrants would have tried to “sneak” into the US during the late 1800s early 1900s?

Interesting question. Answering hypothetical questions without the hypothetical assumptions is difficult. That said, there is no question that the ocean has been an effective border. Had there been no ocean, then it is reasonable to assume that there would be more crossover with Europe populations, but will never know for certain since that scenario didn’t exist. However, since I believe that the USA has a lot of fabric as a Judeo-Christian country that was generally shared with Europe at that time I believe there would have been some similarity as a result…knowing full well there would be individual differences as we have today. Specifically Mexico is a Catholic country and so there would be some consistency there. Wow, now I’m trying to stay out of religious differences between Catholicism and Protestantism relative to the growth of the USA and capitalism in general. Bottom line…yes my assumption is that there would probably be more crossover back then without an ocean.

I do not think the work ethic today in the USA is as good as years ago. I believe that our population on the whole looks for more handouts than years ago. I believe there was more pride to be self-sufficient years ago than today…and I blame the government for most of that. That said…growing those vices, which I believe we would be doing, would cost the USA which would be favored for those that want more government power and control. Mexico is more advanced than South America and who know where those crossing the southern border originate or the goals of their desire to enter the USA. When I went to Mexico those that sought jobs in the factories for a couple of weeks were generally hard workers…possibly underage and pleasant to work with. In the 90’s (Mexico) there was a lot of teaching in the factories that people were to use the toilet to flush the toilet paper down rather than throw it on the floor and the turnover and training of new employees was endless. They would work for two weeks and quit since they had enough money to live for a while. That said, as in any race, there were some outstanding people that I worked with years ago.

There were a LOT of tjreese listings in my lineage when the first arrived to the USA from Wales in the early 1700s. I think your assimilation example is similar to Bob’s in marriage amongst races. My assimilation is not that people of different stripes assimilate as friends or spouse…I don’t care about any of that. My son-in-law speaks German amongst his German friends and English here. My brother-in-law speaks English here but Spanish mostly when with those from Paraguay. Learn English to be effective in communication and speak your first language when amongst your friends if desired. When I desire for those to assimilate it is more of an ideology…a concept and has nothing to do with the physical difference of people. I’m talking about a melting pot of the mind…and assimilation of the ideals, an acceptance and desire to live in a capitalistic country, to be self-reliant, responsible, a mindset agreement with the Constitution.

Reactions: BSIT and Level 42
Warning Teddy…do NOT read the following. There are a LOT of words and it isn’t worth your time.

First, I’ll comment that Belgium has produced some nice firearms and that I think Patton is buried there…not too far from Frankfurt, Germany I’m thinking. I’ll try to answer all seven of your questions. I’ll preface that by stating that I’m probably somewhere between Libertarian and Conservative on financial matters and that lean plays into my general thoughts on immigrants…legal or not. I’ll start by saying the personnel are different as are the requirements and situations of today and yesterday.

I’ll start by using basketball as an analogy. If I were coaching high school I would spend time practicing a delay game and want to be effective doing that. If I were coaching college, I wouldn’t spend time on a delay game since being effective under completely different conditions (shot clock) would not be important. So, even if the game was still basketball there would be no need for the same applications due to the different environment knowing I wanted to be effective. College and high school has different things of emphasis. Still, even with the same high school coaching the needs are different today than yesterday. Years ago I might spend a lot of time on jump ball positioning with all the different scenarios and locations on the court. Today, that requirement is not what is needed. Now even within the same rules of the game and at the same time (7th grade basketball versus high school), there would be things I would expect all to execute and things that would be different due to the personnel (personal differences between groups). The physical and mental parts are different for those players even if the desire of the game and rules are the same and your expectations are also different since we know the results are different.

Tj, I have a couple questions, feel free to answer or not. It’s my understanding that when the ships arrived from Europe, 1st and 2nd class passengers disembarked, breezed thru customs, and entered the US. The theory being that if you could afford the ticket, you were less likely to be a problem. The 3rd class were then shipped to Ellis island to go through the immigration process.

I have no background on that and it seems reasonable back then that you could be correct.

Despite many not knowing the English language as well as not even being literate in their own language, only around 2% of the millions that passed through Ellis island were rejected.

I believe that to be true, but haven’t checked it out

Would you be for a similar process today at the southern border?

No, not at all. What was effective in the world at that time, would not be nearly as effective as needed today…even with the same players AND rules. First, the southern border is allowing many to come across that will never be checked and so THAT situation shouldn’t get loss when considering the southern border because it is huge. Then for those that are being processed, I do not believe as a group the same reasons for coming to the USA. I do not think anyone years ago were looking for the USA to take care of them. I do not believe that is true for those that are actually going through a process. I believe that any and all immigrants should have a more stringent admittance than in the past or today…no matter where they are leaving.

Do you think that because the immigrants at the southern border are more likely to be unable to take care of themselves, are more likely to be seeking a handout, or are less likely to assimilate than the Ellis island immigrants would cause you to not be in favor of this?

I do believe the southern border situation is horrible for all the people coming across that are not caught and those caught. I believe it is bad in that it ties up the USA resources and focus as drug smugglers use the distraction to gain easier entrance into the USA which results in HUGE costs to the USA in lives, mental illness, resources and dollars. Then those that are actually going through the process we have no idea of their medical status and overall background. Had the USA been highly employed and shovel jobs were needed, then the skill sets might allow them to take care of themselves. I don’t believe they have the requisite skill sets to take care of themselves without pulling on an already taxed country.

If we shared a common border with Europe rather than being separated by an ocean, do you think more European immigrants would have tried to “sneak” into the US during the late 1800s early 1900s?

Interesting question. Answering hypothetical questions without the hypothetical assumptions is difficult. That said, there is no question that the ocean has been an effective border. Had there been no ocean, then it is reasonable to assume that there would be more crossover with Europe populations, but will never know for certain since that scenario didn’t exist. However, since I believe that the USA has a lot of fabric as a Judeo-Christian country that was generally shared with Europe at that time I believe there would have been some similarity as a result…knowing full well there would be individual differences as we have today. Specifically Mexico is a Catholic country and so there would be some consistency there. Wow, now I’m trying to stay out of religious differences between Catholicism and Protestantism relative to the growth of the USA and capitalism in general. Bottom line…yes my assumption is that there would probably be more crossover back then without an ocean.

I do not think the work ethic today in the USA is as good as years ago. I believe that our population on the whole looks for more handouts than years ago. I believe there was more pride to be self-sufficient years ago than today…and I blame the government for most of that. That said…growing those vices, which I believe we would be doing, would cost the USA which would be favored for those that want more government power and control. Mexico is more advanced than South America and who know where those crossing the southern border originate or the goals of their desire to enter the USA. When I went to Mexico those that sought jobs in the factories for a couple of weeks were generally hard workers…possibly underage and pleasant to work with. In the 90’s (Mexico) there was a lot of teaching in the factories that people were to use the toilet to flush the toilet paper down rather than throw it on the floor and the turnover and training of new employees was endless. They would work for two weeks and quit since they had enough money to live for a while. That said, as in any race, there were some outstanding people that I worked with years ago.

There were a LOT of tjreese listings in my lineage when the first arrived to the USA from Wales in the early 1700s. I think your assimilation example is similar to Bob’s in marriage amongst races. My assimilation is not that people of different stripes assimilate as friends or spouse…I don’t care about any of that. My son-in-law speaks German amongst his German friends and English here. My brother-in-law speaks English here but Spanish mostly when with those from Paraguay. Learn English to be effective in communication and speak your first language when amongst your friends if desired. When I desire for those to assimilate it is more of an ideology…a concept and has nothing to do with the physical difference of people. I’m talking about a melting pot of the mind…and assimilation of the ideals, an acceptance and desire to live in a capitalistic country, to be self-reliant, responsible, a mindset agreement with the Constitution.
Good post. I'll add that I lived in Southern CA for three years until moving to Kauai in April. When I lived there my observation was the Hispanic community were very hard working. They did my lawn and painted my house among other projects. Didn't know if they were legal and didn't ask. I know I'm going to get blasted for saying this but my unofficial observations of the homeless were primarily Whites and Blacks who would have been citizens. Additionally there were very few homeless and or crime in the Asian community. Which IMO goes back to the culture issue. I know it's stereotyping but from my observations the Hispanic and Asian communities are very family focused. Whereas the White and Black homeless have drug and alcohol among other issues contributing to their mental health situation.

Good post. I'll add that I lived in Southern CA for three years until moving to Kauai in April. When I lived there my observation was the Hispanic community were very hard working. They did my lawn and painted my house among other projects. Didn't know if they were legal and didn't ask. I know I'm going to get blasted for saying this but my unofficial observations of the homeless were primarily Whites and Blacks who would have been citizens. Additionally there were very few homeless and or crime in the Asian community. Which IMO goes back to the culture issue. I know it's stereotyping but from my observations the Hispanic and Asian communities are very family focused. Whereas the White and Black homeless have drug and alcohol among other issues contributing to their mental health situation.
There is no reason to get blasted for stating an observation. I had hispanics roof my house and there is no question some are very hard workers. I also don't think there is anything wrong with the family focus you stated...which I too have seen. In the factories I knew some workers had dirt floors, but they were spotless once in the plant. One thing I wasn't aware until years ago was that in the early 80s there were about four of us going down to Matamoros...maybe Reynosa and one person in our group was a black lady that had some interest in going to the market. Not too long inside the market she was refused service which surprised us and we left. I can't remember if she told us or we were informed by others, but we were told the Mexicans were very racist. What is interesting is that in Tijuana downtown somewhat there is a huge statue of Lincoln holding broken chains. I was told they saw Lincoln as a hero in freeing slaves and yet I was told they were racist, unless the freeing of slaves was a universal praise and not necessarily tied to blacks. No doubt nto all shared the same sentiment.
5e14dd11cb7ff.image.jpg

Then sometime after 2000 I had requested a couple of people from Japan to go to China and do some things for me. They wrote back and were scared to go and we assured them it would be okay to go to this site. Still, they were afraid due to "The Raping Of China" how they thought they would be treated.

Reactions: BSIT

That's pretty much the same anywhere you go. It would be hard to find a landscape crew anywhere, that's not primarily Hispanic. You'll also see lots of Hispanic day laborers hanging out at a Home Depot hoping to get picked up for odd jobs.
The work ethic in the Hispanic community is very strong.
The same cant be said for some other demographics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT