ADVERTISEMENT

A little diddy on Brian who gets very few minutes

Needs to fix his 3 pt shot to be above 37 percent and show he can contain the dribble for at least smaller wings/guards. Right now Heide is just a better all around version. But if he does those two things plus Morton leaving there will be minutes for him. That dunk was amazing.

Needs to fix his 3 pt shot to be above 37 percent and show he can contain the dribble for at least smaller wings/guards. Right now Heide is just a better all around version. But if he does those two things plus Morton leaving there will be minutes for him. That dunk was amazing.
Doesn't even have to shoot 3s very much, but does need to improve his shot overall. He can put the opposition on D different primarily due to his game understandings, but wish he was a better shooter from the perimeter. He is also ahead of Myles in understanding the game and versatility, but not the shooter Myles is. Thing is he brings a few things that Myles and Cam do NOT in that he can find gaps in the D that pose some problems for the opposition from time to time that is not a strength of the other two, but they are ahead of him primarily due to his shot...and with Cam also his lateral quickness as Cam has shown to be really good for a freshman on D...especially for his size. I understand why Cam is playing the most and Myles getting more minutes than Brian, but can also see that if Brian improves his shot he too will carve out minutes...and not because of one great dunk. ;)

Matt was one of my favorite players of all time. Thrilled to see his legacy here. - So you know i"m not coming from wanting to see him leave. But doesnt' he HAVE to be the designated transfer? For them to oversign with no other APPARENT pt based unhappiness pointing to anyone else. It's like they know already, and I don't see how that happens this early with an unhappy player. Seems like it would have to be someone that loves the program and gave them advance notice. Coming from "his corner" I can easily see him carving out a role. At the same time the 2 guys playing ahead of him this year are also freshmen and going to be here. (yeh yeh) AND we've got other 3-4 spot guys coming in that might be pushing for pt too. Some here suggest one of them will be playing big minutes next year. If he moves I think it will be like most, to get more pt and I don't blame him. Gotta be jonesing to get on the floor. Looked fully injury recovered on that dunk. ;)

Matt was one of my favorite players of all time. Thrilled to see his legacy here. - So you know i"m not coming from wanting to see him leave. But doesnt' he HAVE to be the designated transfer? For them to oversign with no other APPARENT pt based unhappiness pointing to anyone else. It's like they know already, and I don't see how that happens this early with an unhappy player. Seems like it would have to be someone that loves the program and gave them advance notice. Coming from "his corner" I can easily see him carving out a role. At the same time the 2 guys playing ahead of him this year are also freshmen and going to be here. (yeh yeh) AND we've got other 3-4 spot guys coming in that might be pushing for pt too. Some here suggest one of them will be playing big minutes next year. If he moves I think it will be like most, to get more pt and I don't blame him. Gotta be jonesing to get on the floor. Looked fully injury recovered on that dunk. ;)
I'm not current with the scholly and the limitations on players being on a team. Lots can happen in a few months. At this time last year nobody knew Brandon N. would continue to struggle the remaining season, Trey would start at a 4 the next year, Caleb would get fewer minutes the next year, a small school guard would be huge and that Myles wouldn't be playing major minutes along with a more mobile Zach. Add to that the small school guard making Matt look like he has relearned again how to break the press ;) and so a lot can happen. I think it is optimistic to consider so many freshmen next year beating out others for minutes...although a 2 or 3 has a spot open after Lance and Fletcher shifting to the other.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT