ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

Jalen at the game yesterday
With Michigan losing to IU at IU, did that change IU from 8th or 9th in the Big to 2nd? Was IU that close to finishing 8th or 9th due to a horrible last 14 second possession in regulation by Michigan? If so I guess I just never thought of IU this year like the other years for a 8th or 9th finish. Seemed better...

With Michigan losing to IU at IU, did that change IU from 8th or 9th in the Big to 2nd? Was IU that close to finishing 8th or 9th due to a horrible last 14 second possession in regulation by Michigan? If so I guess I just never thought of IU this year like the other years for a 8th or 9th finish. Seemed better...
Think heading into Saturday there were 6 teams tied at second. IU needed a lot to go right for them to move into that second slot and it actually all happened.

Someone posted on Twitter all the possible scenarios. 8 were for IU to lock in on the 2nd seed.

Reactions: tjreese
Think heading into Saturday there were 6 teams tied at second. IU needed a lot to go right for them to move into that second slot and it actually all happened.

Someone posted on Twitter all the possible scenarios. 8 were for IU to lock in on the 2nd seed.

I thought yesterday (person may have been wrong) that had IU lost they would most likley be 8th or 9th, but I don't know? STill, to bring a whole team back and to add two 5 stars I can't help but think they should have been soooooooooo much better

I thought yesterday (person may have been wrong) that had IU lost they would most likley be 8th or 9th, but I don't know? STill, to bring a whole team back and to add two 5 stars I can't help but think they should have been soooooooooo much better
Shoulda, woulda, coulda ... we s,w.c been 8 or 9 based on prognosticators

They would have needed pretty much everyone else to win, Illinois, Maryland, Northwestern, and Iowa. 8 would have been in play then.

who was the other 5-star than Hood-Schafino>

Reneau was a 5 star from Montverde. Bigs sometimes take longer to develop. He needs to add muscle.

Tamar Bates was also a 5 star. It shows 5 stars can be hit or miss early on when you compare him to JHS.
Thx - I can always count on you to save me minutes of research

Reactions: TX4GB and Schnelk
Malik Reuves???something I believe. It's got to be 5 stars at IU they are the only ones that can handle the bright lights according to some of their fans in reference to Trey going to Purdue. ;)
Yeahh, it's tough to face the press when you lose to ones with far fewer 5-star players. What the hell do you say to those tough questions>?

If they would have lost they would have been 7th. Think if we lose as well then they are 8th

Wealth of talent based on star rankings but not able to mesh it together.

How does University of Indiana seed 2nd...when NW and MSU also w/8 losses in conference play were 3-0 combined against the Loosiers. Never mind...I c the Loosiers are where they belong...#3 seed.

Also...Reneau is a foul machine who is capable of fouling out in a half...it's his only defense (Christmas Story line).

Last edited:
Reactions: TX4GB
Yeahh, it's tough to face the press when you lose to ones with far fewer 5-star players. What the hell do you say to those tough questions>?
What I want to say, I don't...trying hard not to expose the height of those mental midgets. Even in their ignorance, illuminated through their arrogance, I try hard to not remove what little value they have knowing a certain dignity exists in all humans, even if somewhat difficult to find sometimes. It does challenge my integrity and character sometimes when I see a child dressed in IU gear to not call the authorities for child abuse, but I am reluctant to quickly bring in the government into family lives and just hope that reason wins out for that child later.

Even with the Imwrong guy that opined on a the ball handling & passing topic (Pistol Pete) that he jumped erroneously to “assists”. I already decided the dots were close enough and it was a waste of my time in explaining that as players work on improving their ball handling and passing…assists are not the factor in evaluating those skills. Still, why bother, and what time does one realize he can’t save the world and ignores all the Chucky Cheese gopher heads popping up no matter how many times you knock them down?

What I want to say, I don't...trying hard not to expose the height of those mental midgets. Even in their ignorance, illuminated through their arrogance, I try hard to not remove what little value they have knowing a certain dignity exists in all humans, even if somewhat difficult to find sometimes. It does challenge my integrity and character sometimes when I see a child dressed in IU gear to not call the authorities for child abuse, but I am reluctant to quickly bring in the government into family lives and just hope that reason wins out for that child later.

Even with the Imwrong guy that opined on a the ball handling & passing topic (Pistol Pete) that he jumped erroneously to “assists”. I already decided the dots were close enough and it was a waste of my time in explaining that as players work on improving their ball handling and passing…assists are not the factor in evaluating those skills. Still, why bother, and what time does one realize he can’t save the world and ignores all the Chucky Cheese gopher heads popping up no matter how many times you knock them down?

Did you know that Most Bloomington, Spencer, and near by town's employers are not open on the first day of Raccoon season?

Did you know that Most Bloomington, Spencer, and near by town's employers are not open on the first day of Raccoon season?
Wasn't aware...probably similar to trapping season? Still, mom and her many uncles are probably happy to get them out of the basement a bit more

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Because of the logjam at places 2-9, if IU won yesterday they were going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in seeding, and if they lost they were going to finish 7th or 8th. They won.

One more thing. Anyone that says that IU brought their whole team back is either missing the point or trolling. While the B1G's primary player of the year candidates were bigs, the clearly recognized pre-season best returning point guard in the B1G was Xavier Johnson. You guys can 'thug', 'cancer' and 'mediocre' him all you want, but the guy averaged 12.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 5.1 apg, and 38+% from 3, 78+% ft last year. And he was/is IU's best on-ball defender.

Try Purdue without Smith, MSU without Hoggard, NW without Buie, etc. and you can better assess IU's roster, which went from 9th last year to tied for second in conference standings.

You can celebrate Purdue's outstanding year without losing credibility. IU tied for second without their pg, and swept the league champ, was seven places better than the year before, and has been ranked pretty much the whole year. ".. they should have been soooooooooo much better" ?? lol

Because of the logjam at places 2-9, if IU won yesterday they were going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in seeding, and if they lost they were going to finish 7th or 8th. They won.

One more thing. Anyone that says that IU brought their whole team back is either missing the point or trolling. While the B1G's primary player of the year candidates were bigs, the clearly recognized pre-season best returning point guard in the B1G was Xavier Johnson. You guys can 'thug', 'cancer' and 'mediocre' him all you want, but the guy averaged 12.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 5.1 apg, and 38+% from 3, 78+% ft last year. And he was/is IU's best on-ball defender.

Try Purdue without Smith, MSU without Hoggard, NW without Buie, etc. and you can better assess IU's roster, which went from 9th last year to tied for second in conference standings.

You can celebrate Purdue's outstanding year without losing credibility. IU tied for second without their pg, and swept the league champ, was seven places better than the year before, and has been ranked pretty much the whole year. ".. they should have been soooooooooo much better" ?? lol
But it doesn't matter. IU doesn't care about conference standings, right?!?

Rrrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt..........................

I get a big laugh at the blowhards that want to bloviate about the March tournament and then pump sunshine about conference games, that don't mean anything........allegedly, yet thump their chest about conference victories.

I'm not saying you.....but you know who.

Reactions: Schnelk
But it doesn't matter. IU doesn't care about conference standings, right?!?

Rrrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt..........................

I get a big laugh at the blowhards that want to bloviate about the March tournament and then pump sunshine about conference games, that don't mean anything........allegedly, yet thump their chest about conference victories.

I'm not saying you.....but you know who.
No one speaks for an entire fan base, and every fan base has their eye roll worthy contingent.

I think that Purdue’s conference title is a helluva accomplishment. Doesn’t mean that IU, Penn State, NW, and even Nebraska hasn’t had a good year—they have.

Without X, 7 places better than the year before with X.

Do you see a conflict in your gushing over him?

Without X, 7 places better than the year before with X.

Do you see a conflict in your gushing over him?
No. There are other pieces added that helped a lot, and there was real development by Galloway, Kopp, etc.

It would be like saying that Purdue wouldn’t be as good this year if Ivey had stayed. Not buying it.

So if the loss of the talented X resulted in JHS becoming a lottery pick maybe it's too bad X didn't go down last year so Lander could become the star that he was advertised to be.

No. There are other pieces added that helped a lot, and there was real development by Galloway, Kopp, etc.

It would be like saying that Purdue wouldn’t be as good this year if Ivey had stayed. Not buying it.
Helped a lot is right. Just 2 weeks ago these new players had IU in position to be co-champs.

You never know what causes chemistry to fail on a team. IU has had so much talent over the past several years, but could not finish in the top half of the B10 or even get an spot in the NCAAs. I always thought that TJD was a cancer on IU's team. Sure, you can cite his gaudy stats, but did he make his team better? I believe that Woodson stepped in and got them to play like a team. Davis still gets his numbers, but he isn't throwing a temper tantrum if he isn't getting the ball and someone else is helping to carry the load.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM

I’m not buying “Try Purdue without Smith.” Purdue lost Ivey, Sasha, Hunter, and Thompson. At the beginning of the year, virtually everyone was concerned about Purdue’s back court. Purdue turned to an unheralded (unlike JHS) undersized freshman, who has exceeded all expectations and helped Purdue to a three game Big Ten conference championship.

I’m not buying “Try Purdue without Smith.” Purdue lost Ivey, Sasha, Hunter, and Thompson. At the beginning of the year, virtually everyone was concerned about Purdue’s back court. Purdue turned to an unheralded (unlike JHS) undersized freshman, who has exceeded all expectations and helped Purdue to a three game Big Ten conference championship.
The problem with twisting history is that you can’t stop with just one twist. Suppose in some parallel universe, we didn’t have Smith? Okay, then we can use the same fantasy to say Purdue gets Peck. Otherwise all you do is continue to pull out pieces without adding any positives. I mean, what if Edey was only 5’9”? What if Painter forgot how to coach? What if Purdue had to practice with a square ball? Pretty much a useless pursuit I think.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT