ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

Interesting…that makes more sense. So if they don’t land mcneeley, maybe they’re back on Sisley.
Probably unless there is another PF they think they are better positioned with. I don’t follow their recruiting all that much unless it is a cross over like this.

Probably unless there is another PF they think they are better positioned with. I don’t follow their recruiting all that much unless it is a cross over like this.
Yeah for sure. I would still think they’d recruit him heavily since they have…no commits for 2024 or 2025 and I would assume they’d want to have decent prospects on their team. But doesn’t bother me much haha.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Mike Woodson will make an in-person visit to Trent Sisley & family this week.
Trent Sisley will be on an unofficial visit at IU this weekend.
Trent Sisley is scheduled to be at Hoosier Hysteria in October.

No predictions on where he ends up, but IU has definitely not backed off.

Mike Woodson will make an in-person visit to Trent Sisley & family this week.
Trent Sisley will be on an unofficial visit at IU this weekend.
Trent Sisley is scheduled to be at Hoosier Hysteria in October.

No predictions on where he ends up, but IU has definitely not backed off.
Bummer. Guess the chatter I heard was wrong. Hope we can land him with all the other offers he’s received!

IU had an assistant coach there when Painter went to see him this week.
That was last week with Brian Walsh, the lead assistant for Sisley. Woody is making the trip this week in advance of Sisley's visit this weekend.

For the most part, Walsh and Hulls handle the in-state kids, Hunter does the east coast, and Rosemond covers the south. Woody is old (lol) so he waits for them to get on campus, makes short trips, or travels farther when it's time to close.

Last edited:
Well we haven’t seen an offer go out on Braylon Mullins YET, but we did offer 4 star Johnathon Sanderson from MI 2026 class today

Looking like McNeeley might be leaning IU. Granted, I think Woody realized the errors of prior IU coaches and won’t give up recruiting Indiana kids.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Hmm feel like Painter said something about always needing shooters. Hypothetically we would could have Harris, Benter, Loyer and Colvin. Who knows with Portal, NIL etc, rosters are so fluid now.
For sure. I would hope Colvin is gone only due to his development and he heads to the draft (would love to have him for a 3rd year, but I’m thinking he’s gone for the draft after 2).

Interesting and somewhat amusing IU info, as they currently have no commitments for 2024 or 2025…

“…it makes 21 players in the top 100 of 247's 2025 basketball recruits rankings that Woodson and IU have pursued.”
I was going to mention this fantastic news, but somehow got way laid with Boiler Upping ... BUT Holey Karumba Kow .... how does this look to their fans, the guys they're still recruiting, the inner circle of the guys they're still recruiting. Like, are they constantly looking over their shoulders scared they really missed something??

2025 offers so far : Trent Sisley 6’ 8 205# forward (3/4), Jalen Haralson 6’7” PG (1/2/3?), Malachi Moreno 6’11” 210# C (4/5), EJ Walker 6’8” 220# forward (2?/3/4), Eric Reibe 7’0” 235# C (4/5), Daniel Jacobsen 7’2” 220# C (5/4?).
Daniel Jacobsen official visit scheduled September 29! He’s got good things to say about Purdue and lists it as one of his top schools. Painter recently visited him.
Anyone/anything missing?

2025 offers so far : Trent Sisley 6’ 8 205# forward (3/4), Jalen Haralson 6’7” PG (1/2/3?), Malachi Moreno 6’11” 210# C (4/5), EJ Walker 6’8” 220# forward (2?/3/4), Eric Reibe 7’0” 235# C (4/5), Daniel Jacobsen 7’2” 220# C (5/4?).
Daniel Jacobsen official visit scheduled September 29! He’s got good things to say about Purdue and lists it as one of his top schools. Painter recently visited him.
Anyone/anything missing?
I know very little about this class but it at a high level it looks like it may be a challenge.

My understanding is that Haralson and Moreno are highly unlikely and that Sisley is going to be tough to pry away from IU. I trust Painter's ability to evaluate talent but the remaining guys look more like nice complementary pieces than like headliners.

I know very little about this class but it at a high level it looks like it may be a challenge.

My understanding is that Haralson and Moreno are highly unlikely and that Sisley is going to be tough to pry away from IU. I trust Painter's ability to evaluate talent but the remaining guys look more like nice complementary pieces than like headliners.
Yeah, I’ve said it many times but slim chance Haralson is going to be in the state of Indiana after high school (I hope we can somehow land him with the long term relationship terry johnson has had with his family, but still doubtful).

Sisley gonna be awesome to have but is def gonna be a tough get, he’s in IU’s backyard. Shrews is also making a strong case for ND, so wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up there. I’m sure there will be more future recruits for the upcoming year that we will hear about.

Reactions: northside100
Hahaha to being somewhat amused. But not worried. At all.

Purdue is recruiting well. Rooting against IU recruiting is natural for you guys but I believe won’t bring joy for you when the IU incoming class is completed.
Not rooting against IU, I just am kinda surprised and yes amused that out of all of the top 100, hell top 50 players they’re focused on, none have committed so far. I think McNeely is gonna pick IU but not sure about the other top named guys.

Not rooting against IU, I just am kinda surprised and yes amused that out of all of the top 100, hell top 50 players they’re focused on, none have committed so far. I think McNeely is gonna pick IU but not sure about the other top named guys.
It’s too soon to be surprised or amused is really what I’m saying.

Archie Miller would have had recruits by now. He settled for who he could get to say yes. Tom Crean would have recruits by now—he would have picked some off the radar guys to try to prove he was smarter than the room.

It was a long stretch with Crean and Archie, but Woody is very different.

Archie Miller would have had recruits by now. He settled for who he could get to say yes. Tom Crean would have recruits by now—he would have picked some off the radar guys to try to prove he was smarter than the room.

He may be different, but it’s still remains to be seen whether he can establish a real team and win at a high-level. He has brought in talent and has beat the hell out of Purdue but I’m not sure he’s yet built an actual team.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosierfanJM

Woody definitely can recruit and opts to pursue a lot of the national guys. How it matters to Purdue is that he and Painter tend to prioritize different guys and we are not seeing a lot of head to head recruiting battles compared to when Archie was there. (Painter has also been going national for his type of guys, but always seems to start with the state). Of course, there are going to be players, like Sisley, that both prioritize, but they are less common than in the past.

Going forward, I think that Shrews might be the coach that is competing for the same players as Painter the most often.

Woody definitely can recruit and opts to pursue a lot of the national guys. How it matters to Purdue is that he and Painter tend to prioritize different guys and we are not seeing a lot of head to head recruiting battles compared to when Archie was there. (Painter has also been going national for his type of guys, but always seems to start with the state). Of course, there are going to be players, like Sisley, that both prioritize, but they are less common than in the past.

Going forward, I think that Shrews might be the coach that is competing for the same players as Painter the most often.
100%. Great post, and either strategy can win. As of last year we are already back to IU/Purdue in the convo for Big Ten titles every year and it’s a lot more fun this way.

I think Woody learned the lessons that hurt Crean which was to alienate in-state talent. I’ll be curious how this push for the high ranked out of state kids works. I do feel some of the best IU teams had at least 1-2 local kids who were scrappy and bled IU because they grew up idolizing them.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
I think Woody learned the lessons that hurt Crean which was to alienate in-state talent. I’ll be curious how this push for the high ranked out of state kids works. I do feel some of the best IU teams had at least 1-2 local kids who were scrappy and bled IU because they grew up idolizing them.
I think people assume that Woody is a national recruiting guy, but there’s four of them out 12 on the roster now: Galloway, Leal, Gunn, and Sparks.

All grew up IU fans and locally. Cupps fits the local and scrappy take too, though he’s just over the Ohio line.

I think people assume that Woody is a national recruiting guy, but there’s four of them out 12 on the roster now: Galloway, Leal, Gunn, and Sparks.

All grew up IU fans and locally. Cupps fits the local and scrappy take too, though he’s just over the Ohio line.
Galloway, Leal and Gunn weren’t recruited by Woody. I mean I guess he had to convince them to stay after Archie left….TIC

Anyways, curious to see how all these recruits shake out and what ends up happening. I do think having “elite” recruits at IU’s brand and therefore draws larger TV audiences especially when we play each other. I hope the Peacock experiment blows up so we can have our rivalry only televised on normal TV.

Reactions: TooPoorToBleedGold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT