ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

I hate to say it, but I think we are out on Booker. With all the attention (and a little inside info), he loves MSU and Izzo. Don't get it, but it is what it is.... I think we need to turn our focus to 2023/2024.......Booth. Obviously, he has a connection with Penn State, but I think we have a chance. If not, I say we bank that scholarship.

2024 - Benter, Catchings, Bidunga*.......

*I know that there are strings with him, but if he wants to go to a school that features a BIG man...... How can you not go to Purdue?

Not a bad 2024 Class!

Illinois is also all in on Catchings. His mom Tauja is an all time great basketball player at Illinois.

Of course, his aunt Tamika is an all time great in the WNBA and his grandpa is former NBA center Harvey Catchings.

Dang, my sister was right. You know you're old when you can remember seeing Harvey Catchings play for the '76ers and the Bucks.

Found this in Wiki. Some trivia.
Harvey Catchings was friends with former 76ers teammate Joe Bryant, and both of their families spent time together while they each played professional basketball in Italy. Because of this, Catchings' children were childhood friends with Joe's son, Kobe Bryant.

Jellybean Bryant. Yes, he and Catchings were on that '77 Philadelphia team up 2-0 in the Finals (with Erving, McGinnis, Collins, and Lloyd Free (before he was World B)), and then Blazermania overtook them in Portland.

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
Kinda glad we didn't get Kooper Koch 😂
In all seriousness I know he was a good prospect, but he got lit up by Gicarri several times there.
Good eye! I missed that it was Koch guarding him 😂. I can see a little of the Jedi or Big Dog in him.

Reactions: Roeder
Good eye! I missed that it was Koch guarding him 😂. I can see a little of the Jedi or Big Dog in him.

These aren't the recruits you're looking for......

AbleUnacceptableDuck-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermb and TX4GB
Man, you should see the spat between Coach Geeze and Trojan over on the IU board. I've been laughing for hours.

The once loved relationship on our board is now hatred on their own. This is great stuff.

Hey we are leading at On3 for the chances of landing Bidunga at a whopping 15.7% chance

I’d love to get this young man. From the videos that I have seen, and from his build, he looks like he could play right away and is stronger than some folks who are rated higher than him in the prior class.

Reactions: Monk1014 and TX4GB
Who is, I think, #1 in that video? Took an outlet pass from Gicarri around the 1 min mark and got fouled on a dunk attempt. Dude got waaay up for that
Adidas results are hard to read and understand. What I was able to find is Jaylon Taylor - doesn't appear to have a big recruiting profile

Reactions: Hausta01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT