ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

Any locals know much about his game? Not seeing any rankings for him and was just curious what kind of game he has and potential.

I read sometime this coming week 247 is updating their 2024 rankings and Catchings will be in it. Is Bossi their basketball guy now? Whoever it was said Catchings is long, has good lateral quickness and is really bouncy with a smooth stroke. Something along those lines
I have seen him play since 5th/6th-grade...he was not the best player on those teams, but, was clearly the most athletic with the greatest potential...as he has matured, that has played out in that he is the best player now certainly.

That said, his best days are still ahead of him, as, he is going to get bigger/stronger.

Long and athletic with bounce is pretty spot on. He does have some similarities to Edwards as some others had noted...not as physical certainly, and, not as smooth...but, that is a good comparison with respect to what type of potential he has.

I would say that the interest is all based on what he could be down the line more so that where he is right now, but, he has a lot of upside and a lot working in his favor as well. This might turn out to be a case where getting him before he blows up...hopefully so.

Based on who Painter and staff are looking at in the 2024 class - maybe we aren't focusing on a guard in 2023?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT