ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

Looks like his Dad is J.R. Koch (6’ 10”) who played at Iowa. Drafted by Knicks in second round before playing in Europe for a few years.

images

images

I vaguely remember him.....think that was when Dr. Tom Davis coached Iowa....may have played during some of Jess Settles' time (of course who hadn't.... :)) and Kingsbury, among others.
I guess I didn’t follow too closely in the late 90s. I can’t remember him. Definitely remember Settles 😀.

I vaguely remember him.....think that was when Dr. Tom Davis coached Iowa....may have played during some of Jess Settles' time (of course who hadn't.... :)) and Kingsbury, among others.
Jess will forever be remembered by me as a very hard worker...totally blue collar guy or as Brandon Brantley might say...a pipe hitter. His most famous line was about Gene being able to pick up some players from the Y and beat a lot of teams. ;)

All those tall white guys jumping over the end line on the full court press start to run together.
Under Davis they ran the flex offense in addition to pressing full with a man on the trigger man. Remember all those bigs passing the ball 20 ft from the rim Davis really spread the flex out . I think George Ravling was one of the pioneers of the flex

Reactions: TX4GB
This is the same high school where my kids go/went. I believe Sommerville transferred to a school in Florida this season -- presumably because of the risk of not having a full season due to COVID.

Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT