ADVERTISEMENT

2 days before game at Wisc, what are your predictions for...

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
1. What percent of plays are run:pass?
2. Total Purdue yards of offense?
3. How many Purdue Def take aways?
4. How many TDs?
5. Final score of the game?

My take...
1. 40:60
2. 435
3. 2 (fumble and int)
4. 4
5. 34-20 Purdue

4. How many TDs?

My take...
2. 435
3. 2 (fumble and int)
4. 4
5. 34-20 Purdue
Their DL will be harder to push in the run game than any we’ve had success against. Mertz blows when he’s pressured. Our DL doesn’t generate consistent pressure.

4. How many TDs?

My take...
2. 435
3. 2 (fumble and int)
4. 4
5. 34-20 Purdue
1. 35:65
2. 460
3. 2 and PU will cough up 2 as well
4. 4 by O and 1 by D
5. 38-27 Purdue
WI has several key players injured & new portal transfer names the last few days.

Wisconsin is gonna get 20 points.. it sure if Purdue can get 27 or if Oconnell holds the ball they make mistakes and we get only 17

23-21 Wisconsin in a surprisingly somewhat low scoring game. I expect our defense will be surprisingly good but make a few big mistakes that the Badgers will take advantage of. O'Connell will play well and the Boilermakers will get some yards but struggle to cash in field position for points. In short, I'll believe we can beat them when I see it. :(

Prove me wrong, Boilermakers. Please.

28 rushes 54 pass attempts (whatever ratio that is)
3 - 1 defensive
30 - 23 good guys

Just end the losing streak. Don't care how. Just find a way to win.

A few years ago it looked like Purdue was getting close---after a decade and a half of getting obliterated. Purdue blew a golden chance to get end it in 2018. But, Wisconsin has reasserted itself in the series the last couple years.

I would argue that this losing streak to Wisconsin has cast a bigger shadow over the program than the infamous 11-year skid to ND that Tiller & Co. ended in 1997.

Just end the losing streak. Don't care how. Just find a way to win.

A few years ago it looked like Purdue was getting close---after a decade and a half of getting obliterated. Purdue blew a golden chance to get end it in 2018. But, Wisconsin has reasserted itself in the series the last couple years.

I would argue that this losing streak to Wisconsin has cast a bigger shadow over the program than the infamous 11-year skid to ND that Tiller & Co. ended in 1997.
Some would argue the Illinois game is bigger or IU because of the bucket. This is the game I want more than any other. No other team even comes close to the dominance of Purdue that Wisconsin has held during this 15 game streak. Not Notre Dame, not Ohio St, not Michigan.

1). 70:30
2). 325 pass; 70 rush
3). One INT
4). 1 for Whisky; 2 for Pu
5). 20-16 Purdue

• Its at Camp Randall.
  • It's a 3:30 game.
  • Wisconsin has owned Purdue for 15+ years.
  • Whisky still has a stout run D
  • If they win, Purdue would likely be ranked as a top 25 team.

I don't like any of those factors above. Although I'm dying to see Purdue win this game, which I think they will, I'm absolutely terrified by the stigma of a game against Wisconsin.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Purdue 69
Wisky 0
If you're gonna exorcise demons, EXORCISE'EM!!!!

Wake Forest Wfu GIF by Wake Forest University

Some would argue the Illinois game is bigger or IU because of the bucket. This is the game I want more than any other. No other team even comes close to the dominance of Purdue that Wisconsin has held during this 15 game streak. Not Notre Dame, not Ohio St, not Michigan.
The bucket game will always be important, as it should be. The Boilers have to keep winning to make the Illinois game really big.

It's kind of wild that Purdue has beaten Notre Dame (2007), Penn State (2004), Michigan twice (2008, 2009), MSU three times (2005, 2006, 2021), and Ohio State 4 friggin times (2004, 2009, 2011, 2018) since our last win against Wisconsin.

As far as I can tell, this is the longest one-opponent losing streak in Purdue football history. I seem to recall a long string of misery to Chicago pre-WWII. But I couldn't access the records to that series.

• Sad
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I'm your huckleberry. Going to the game and the last time I went to Madison to see a Purdue football game. We won in 2003! Was also there in 2000 to see Ashante Woodyard's scoop and score OT win.

This is the time and this is the year the drought ends!
"IF" Purdue should win, then I'm the rabbit's foot. If Purdue should lose (which it won't), then blame the curse of the varmint Bucky Badger.

Reactions: indyogb
1). 70:30
2). 325 pass; 70 rush
3). One INT
4). 1 for Whisky; 2 for Pu
5). 20-16 Purdue

• Its at Camp Randall.
  • It's a 3:30 game.
  • Wisconsin has owned Purdue for 15+ years.
  • Whisky still has a stout run D
  • If they win, Purdue would likely be ranked as a top 25 team.

I don't like any of those factors above. Although I'm dying to see Purdue win this game, which I think they will, I'm absolutely terrified by the stigma of a game against Wisconsin.
DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT be afraid of this WI team. They are gimped with lots of injuries, they have players hitting the transfer portal this week (1 kicked off the team). Lot of questions and their only consistent answer Braelon Allen is a bit gimped as well and is on a "supposed" pitch count. Stop the run and see if Mertz who is very inconsistent can beat us. it is that basic.
Their Defense is not salty like in years past. Purdue should be able to beat them if they perform their balanced run / pass, don't cause stupid penalties allowing WI more chances with the ball, and Special Teams just "DO YOUR JOB".
I like our chances tomorrow. Purdue wins by 11 (mark this post!!!).

DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT be afraid of this WI team. They are gimped with lots of injuries, they have players hitting the transfer portal this week (1 kicked off the team). Lot of questions and their only consistent answer Braelon Allen is a bit gimped as well and is on a "supposed" pitch count. Stop the run and see if Mertz who is very inconsistent can beat us. it is that basic.
Their Defense is not salty like in years past. Purdue should be able to beat them if they perform their balanced run / pass, don't cause stupid penalties allowing WI more chances with the ball, and Special Teams just "DO YOUR JOB".
You sure about that?

Ugh!!! I feel like I’ve just woke up from a hangover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT