ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Harrison Ingram

Don’t want to start a new thread, but has AAU been playing? How or what did Trey Kaufman do to jump some 40 spots in the rankings. He’s basically in Furst territory now.
He dominated a tournament around a month ago. The video from the tournament allowed national analysts to see the improvements Kaufman has made in his game. That's the reason he shot up the rankings in Rivals. He was already top 40 in the 247 rankings, so the bump in Rivals was really just them catching up.

So using each player's stats from inside the arc to show which player was better from inside the arc isn't useful data?

Do you think Sasha got nothing from his redshirt year? Wouldn't a redshirt sophomore have a leg up on a true sophomore due to having an extra year in the program? Help me understand your logic, because it doesn't make sense. Both had been in the Purdue system for 3 years with the stats I used.
I don’t know how to say this without sounding like a jerk so I’ll say very little.

If the logic of one player having one year left and another having two years left doesn’t tell you where they are in their career I can’t help you. If you don’t understand that team offensive efficiency impacts available shot quality and shot quality impacts fg % I cant help you.

I don’t know how to say this without sounding like a jerk so I’ll say very little.

If the logic of one player having one year left and another having two years left doesn’t tell you where they are in their career I can’t help you. If you don’t understand that team offensive efficiency impacts available shot quality and shot quality impacts fg % I cant help you.
The years they have left in the program has no impact on their play in their respective 3rd years in the program. Each player had 2 years of development in the Purdue program prior to their respective 3rd years. After 2 years of development in the program Mathias was far ahead of where Sasha was.

No one has provided evidence to suggest Mathias had better quality shots when shooting inside the arc or driving to the rim than Sasha got last year. If you can provide stats on that, I would love to view them.

What we do KNOW is that Mathias was much more efficient inside the arc than Sasha. In fact we KNOW Sasha was horrid when taking a shot inside the arc last year. Those are facts.

Now I get it, you are one of those people that will defend a current player even if the logic/stats don't back up your opinion. I prefer to be more realistic. Sasha is a really good shooter from 3. He doesn't provide much else except hustle plays. There is nothing wrong with that as every team needs that. He is no Dakota Mathias at this point, however.

The years they have left in the program has no impact on their play in their respective 3rd years in the program. Each player had 2 years of development in the Purdue program prior to their respective 3rd years. After 2 years of development in the program Mathias was far ahead of where Sasha was.

No one has provided evidence to suggest Mathias had better quality shots when shooting inside the arc or driving to the rim than Sasha got last year. If you can provide stats on that, I would love to view them.

What we do KNOW is that Mathias was much more efficient inside the arc than Sasha. In fact we KNOW Sasha was horrid when taking a shot inside the arc last year. Those are facts.

Now I get it, you are one of those people that will defend a current player even if the logic/stats don't back up your opinion. I prefer to be more realistic. Sasha is a really good shooter from 3. He doesn't provide much else except hustle plays. There is nothing wrong with that as every team needs that. He is no Dakota Mathias at this point, however.

Point taken, I can’t help you, keep your head in the sand.

I agree that Sasha did not play as well as Dakota last year. I don’t think I would be so dramatic and say he was “horrid”. That made me laugh a bit.

Dakota was deadly with the pass out of the center to the corner. Sasha has yet to develop that Consistent shot from the corner.

I agree that Sasha did not play as well as Dakota last year. I don’t think I would be so dramatic and say he was “horrid”. That made me laugh a bit.

Dakota was deadly with the pass out of the center to the corner. Sasha has yet to develop that Consistent shot from the corner.

It will be interesting to see how things play out for Sasha the next two seasons. I agree with the poster who said he’s probably more Cline than Dakota.

Dakota did so many little things well on both sides of the ball, not sure that either Cline or Sasha are the same type of player in that regard.

Cline created his own shot in ways that Dakota did not, remains to be seen if Sasha can do the same. He was not great when defenses keyed on him last year, hopefully having more offensive weapons around him next year opens things up for him.

It will be interesting to see how things play out for Sasha the next two seasons. I agree with the poster who said he’s probably more Cline than Dakota.

Dakota did so many little things well on both sides of the ball, not sure that either Cline or Sasha are the same type of player in that regard.

Cline created his own shot in ways that Dakota did not, remains to be seen if Sasha can do the same. He was not great when defenses keyed on him last year, hopefully having more offensive weapons around him next year opens things up for him.

I don't understand the need to "pigeon-hole" Sasha.

A smarter course, to me, would be to let Sasha continue to develop, contribute to the team, define himself, and let his play find his place in Boilermaker history.

I don't understand the need to "pigeon-hole" Sasha.

A smarter course, to me, would be to let Sasha continue to develop, contribute to the team, define himself, and let his play find his place in Boilermaker history.
Where is he being pigeon holed? As I said, it will be interesting to see how his next two seasons play out. It’s pretty natural to compare him to past players but agree that he’s his own player and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Where is he being pigeon holed? As I said, it will be interesting to see how his next two seasons play out. It’s pretty natural to compare him to past players but agree that he’s his own player and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Is he Dakota, or is he Cline?

Not picking on you, brother. And, I understand the interest in finding something to talk about during these "lean" times, but he'll be who he'll be. That was my point.

Is he Dakota, or is he Cline?

Not picking on you, brother. And, I understand the interest in finding something to talk about during these "lean" times, but he'll be who he'll be. That was my point.
Understood and agree. He’s an interesting player. I was trying to think of a non-Purdue comp that might be more apt but not having much success.

I think you misunderstood. I think Sasha was really good for us last year. I just said he was horrid when taking a shot inside the arc. 39% on those shots is very bad. He was great from 3 though which is where the majority of his shots came from.

Reactions: mathboy
Michigan guy on the national board trying to say Michigan is hearing good things about Ingram wanting to go to Michigan

I become a little concerned when people talk about a junior who redshirted who still needs time to develop his game. In today's game, if it's not developed by your sophomore year, the realistic expectations are it is what it is. in today's basketball, you typically have one and dones and two and dones, and 4/5 and overs. expectations from players who are 4/5 and overs is not very high. Will he start over the new young guns based primarily on his experience? or will the young guns take over, and he will assume a support role? we shall see once the season starts. Either way, it's a good situation to be in.

Reactions: Cthreepo
I think you misunderstood. I think Sasha was really good for us last year. I just said he was horrid when taking a shot inside the arc. 39% on those shots is very bad. He was great from 3 though which is where the majority of his shots came from.

SS has an unbelievably quick release. When you hear "catch and shoot", that's what he does. I think SS has a little of both Cline and DM in him. I thought he looked to drive more towards the 2nd half of the year, more than I remember DM and RC doing. I don't think it'll be a big part of his game, but if he can take advantage of quick close outs with a blow by, that's one more thing the D has to account for.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
How much of a kick in the marbles is 2020 gonna be when Ingram goes to Stanford and Kaufman to IU?
Right, it would sting not getting another stud forward/wing to go along with Furst. 2022 is looking deep. We will need a couple bigs for sure in that class.

Reactions: Bulldog6969
How much of a kick in the marbles is 2020 gonna be when Ingram goes to Stanford and Kaufman to IU?
I think it's funny how Indiana things Kaufman is a 100% going to Indiana. Every article I have seen does not sound that way When he talks about purdue and Indiana he says the same thing.

Not saying hes not going to choose Indiana but I don't think the kid really knows right now That's what I get from his interviews

Not saying hes not going to choose Indiana but I don't think the kid really knows right now That's what I get from his interviews
I would guess that one factor is wanting to see how IU and Purdue are trending this season. If IU looks great and TJD looks like a star while Purdue struggles as they did last year that’s not great for Purdue. I’m sure that opposing coaches are in his ear saying that Purdue is trending down.

If MP and company can show a good young core that is trending up I suspect that goes a long way. I do suspect that it comes down to IU vs Purdue unless both programs show poorly this season, giving UVA or UNC a chance to sneak in.

Reactions: PurduePete98
I would guess that one factor is wanting to see how IU and Purdue are trending this season. If IU looks great and TJD looks like a star while Purdue struggles as they did last year that’s not great for Purdue. I’m sure that opposing coaches are in his ear saying that Purdue is trending down.

If MP and company can show a good young core that is trending up I suspect that goes a long way. I do suspect that it comes down to IU vs Purdue unless both programs show poorly this season, giving UVA or UNC a chance to sneak in.
Well if I'm going to choose between Indiana and purdue I'm going to choose the school who's been the best over the last 5 years You can go further back than that if you want to. Over the last 6 to 7 Purdue has been better The only season Indiana was better we still beat them twice.

All I know is if he somehow chooses Purdue instead of Michigan, a team of 5 Ryan Clines would still win a national championship before our 2021-2022 team.

Maybe I'm a little bit illiterate, but I don't understand this statement at all. You're saying if someone chooses us, either Kaufman or Ingram, then we're less likely to win a championship?

He is saying 5 Ryan Clines would run away with the natty. And would probably win 4 straight
Actually it would be 5 straight because that many Ryan Clines would get an extra year just because they are 5 Ryan Clines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT