ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Harrison Ingram

I mean of course high profile schools are gonna go after him. Hopefully we have done enough to convince him.

Another reason to hate Duke.. as if I needed one

I should have rooted for UNLV as a younger man, anything to keep the arrogant Dukies from having come to where they are today

Reactions: northside100
Stop posting about this kid hes gone Move on to the next

I mean, fwiw, this article was 18 hours ago. We are listed as 1b behind Stanford at 1a. It appears he really values education.

I think we are still in the mix, very much so, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If it happens, let's party. If it don't, it's just another day.

Personally I think all of this could/will change if there is no basketball this season. Which if so, I would imagine that there would be a need to adjust scholarships and allow immediate transfers and so on.

It's be a hot mess, but it really seems that is the direction things are going.

Duke, Stanford, Purdue...can't go wrong academically.
A credit to him for more than just "lip service" as well in that regard...it will be interesting to see what ultimately happens. I don't have my hopes up admittedly, but, I do feel like Purdue/Painter have done a great job with his recruitment and really could not have done anything more to put themselves in a position to potentially secure a commitment.

I think the domino's are lined up and all 3 are great young men.

If Ingram says no.....then Kaufman chance to say yes, if he says no...then Wesley has his chance......

All 3 would be awesome young men to add to the Purdue family.......

My gut says Kaufman.......

On a side note I am so excited to see Brandon Newman play at Purdue...he is a fine young man that will surprise us all.

Boiler Up!

Make of it what you will. Part of me sees him adding one of the HBCUs and maybe dropping Stanford.
yWgNQnw_d.jpg

Make of it what you will. Part of me sees him adding one of the HBCUs and maybe dropping Stanford.
yWgNQnw_d.jpg

What my gut says w/zero to little empirical evidence:

1. Michigan - That Juwan Howard is so hot right now, good academics
2. Stanford - First offer, good academics
3. Purdue - Painter, good academics
4. Howard - BLM, Makur Maker
5. Baylor - Close to home
6. Memphis - Penny
7. UNC - MJ
8. Duke - Coach K, late to the game

it's a nice list. it's nice to be included. Purdue frequently makes the top 5 of almost everybody. It would be nice to make their top 1. because being #2 or #3 is basically the same as being #45. I could have gone to Northern Michigan, but I didn't.

Reactions: WMichBoiler
True, but the academic 'brands' of Duke and Stanford are on another level. Brands, not the actual education.

Duke? I guess it depends on the major and your location, certainly a very good school. Stanford, absolutely.

Good news with Ingram for Purdue is Stanford doesn’t have a winning culture for basketball and won’t under the current coaching staff, despite signing 5 star talent and Duke can’t promise him a clear path to being ‘the guy’. Purdue offers both and a top shelf education.

Last edited:
Duke? I guess it depends on the major and your location, certainly a very good school. Stanford, absolutely.

Good news with Ingram for Purdue is Stanford doesn’t have a winning culture for basketball and won’t under the current coaching staff, despite signing 5 star talent and Duke can’t promise him a clear path to being ‘the guy’. Purdue morning offers both and a top shelf education.

Hopefully Painter has Edwards in the ear of his fellow Texan.

While CE is one of the most talented to ever wear a Purdue uni, I think he absolutely florished under Painter and how he was utilized.
That's got to be one of the biggest selling points
"if you're The Man, Painter will give you the freedom to be The Man"

Good news with Ingram for Purdue is Stanford doesn’t have a winning culture for basketball and won’t under the current coaching staff, despite signing 5 star talent and Duke can’t promise him a clear path to being ‘the guy’. Purdue morning offers both and a top shelf education.

Yes, Duke -- the school ranked #10 by US News (I'm aware this is only one publication/ranking). By comparison, Stanford is #6.

I dislike Duke as much as the next person, but its academic reputation as strong as any.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Yes, Duke -- the school ranked #10 by US News (I'm aware this is only one publication/ranking). By comparison, Stanford is #6.

I dislike Duke as much as the next person, but its academic reputation as strong as any.

I totally get it and don’t disagree that Duke is in the same tier as the middle Ivy’s, Northwestern, Vandy, Notre Dame, etc.

From my perspective as an employer who hires a lot of Ivy and equivalent new grads and parent of a high schooler looking at top 20 schools (we’ll see where she gets accepted), once you get past the very top tier (Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, maybe MIT and U of C on the quant side), there are 20 schools that make up that next tier.

I’d argue that depending on the major, Purdue is at the bottom end of that same tier with Duke (US News may not agree) and there’s actually more of a gap between Stanford and Duke than there is between Duke and Purdue. Just my perspective, I may be wrong.

I totally get it and don’t disagree that Duke is in the same tier as the middle Ivy’s, Northwestern, Vandy, Notre Dame, etc.

From my perspective as an employer who hires a lot of Ivy and equivalent new grads and parent of a high schooler looking at top 20 schools (we’ll see where she gets accepted), once you get past the very top tier (Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, maybe MIT and U of C on the quant side), there are 20 schools that make up that next tier.

I’d argue that depending on the major, Purdue is at the bottom end of that same tier with Duke (US News may not agree) and there’s actually more of a gap between Stanford and Duke than there is between Duke and Purdue. Just my perspective, I may be wrong.

I've worked with a couple of Ivy leaguers and several Northwestern grads. The Ivy League folks were either arrogant, or didn't want to dig in to understand the business or do the work. The Northwestern grads were generally competent and much easier to work with. Just my experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT