ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Harrison Ingram

Yeah I’m not sure where that idea that he is a 2-3 year player. IF Painter lands him- he’d easily be the most 1-and-done player that we have had in the Painter era.

Side Bar: what year does 1-and-done end?

I think he'd be a 1-2 year player. It's not always an easy and smooth adjustment as a freshman. But absolutely not a 3 year player.

The difference between that scenario and this one is that we are already 2 deep at each of the guard spots. None of the guards can shift positions down to the 4 like Vince could to the 3. Additionally, Haas only got 14 mpg that year.

Ingram will definitely come in and play right away, but it will make our already huge log jam at guard even worse. This year there will be a guard who doesn’t play very much. Next year assuming no transfers and we get Ingram there will be 2 or 3 guards getting zero or not many mpg.
In my opinion, Ingram won’t be competing for minutes with 3 players as proven as AJ, Haas, and Vince were coming into 2015-16.

In my opinion, Ingram won’t be competing for minutes with 3 players as proven as AJ, Haas, and Vince were coming into 2015-16.
We should probably let this season play out before determining that. We have no idea what our opinions of the current players will be heading into next season.

Haas and Vince were going into their sophomore years in 2015-16. They had solid freshmen seasons, but it wasn’t anything crazy.

I think he'd be a 1-2 year player. It's not always an easy and smooth adjustment as a freshman. But absolutely not a 3 year player.

think he’s very overrated as the #8 player in the country and due for a ranking drop eventually (bottom end 5 star/ high 4). Hes good at everything, but not exceptional in any area and his lack of athleticism will make him a 2-3 year kid at minimum.

think he’s very overrated as the #8 player in the country and due for a ranking drop eventually (bottom end 5 star/ high 4). Hes good at everything, but not exceptional in any area and his lack of athleticism will make him a 2-3 year kid at minimum.
How many times have you seen him play in person and if you haven't How do you come up with that. Just asking For a friend

When would you envision that rankings drop occurring?

This guy‘s name tell you all you need to know. He has trashed more than one forum.

This sounds a lot like the Luka Doncic draft analysis.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
LOL...you all act like I said the kid sucked. I think he’s doesn’t wow at one particular thing and is a tweener size wise (too slow to play the 1 or 2 in the NBA) which means hell more than likely stay in college awhile and eventually DOMINATE. He’s the kind of kid you can win with big time at this level (ala Cassius Winston). It’s your forum/ your world so whatever, but I’m not understanding all the indignation

LOL...you all act like I said the kid sucked. I think he’s doesn’t wow at one particular thing and is a tweener size wise (too slow to play the 1 or 2 in the NBA) which means hell more than likely stay in college awhile and eventually DOMINATE. He’s the kind of kid you can win with big time at this level (ala Cassius Winston). It’s your forum/ your world so whatever, but I’m not understanding all the indignation

LOL... no, we just recognize you suck

LOL... no, we just recognize you suck

giphy.gif

That’s a good one right there

this guy just likes to argue and trash threads. Best to ignore.

Reactions: Purdue85
I don't like it that Wolverines-related websites have released at least 2 articles on Harrison in the last week. When Purdue's graphics guys put out the twitter post with Harrison decked out in Purdue attire, he loved it. Purdue needs to hype up this kid in the home stretch.

I don't like it that Wolverines-related websites have released at least 2 articles on Harrison in the last week. When Purdue's graphics guys put out the twitter post with Harrison decked out in Purdue attire, he loved it. Purdue needs to hype up this kid in the home stretch.
Purdue fans have dominated every post this kid makes on Twitter. He also has said purdue has recruited him the hardest/painter has told him we need him. Not sure there’s much else Painter/the fans can do at this point.

Purdue fans have dominated every post this kid makes on Twitter. He also has said purdue has recruited him the hardest/painter has told him we need him. Not sure there’s much else Painter/the fans can do at this point.

I was thinking more along the lines of if Hammer and Rails or a similar site could put out a full article about him.

I was thinking more along the lines of if Hammer and Rails or a similar site could put out a full article about him.

I agree. Time to put the last-minute-social-media-love-full-court-press on HI.

Who's got the connections here to get that going?

Reactions: jtanoos1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT