ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Romeo

“I just told him, ‘You came in our house, said you couldn’t wait to coach our son and do this and that. You had the opportunity before his back started bothering him. I didn’t appreciate it because you said you wanted to coach him and you had the chance to do it.’”

Dude.

Really??!

The B1G defenders are gonna LOVE this guy.

Not to mention the opposing arenas.

Wow.
So did Romeo commit to IU?

"To Langford, Calipari coaching his son in Egypt was a trial run and Calipari failed to live up to his promises."

Romeo: Dad, stop coming down to the bench. It's embarrassing.

Dad: (edited for content)....
Tim: “Archie, it’s Tim.
Lil Archie: “Hey Mr. Langford!”
Tim: “So Romeo only got 28 minutes tonight, and even worse, only 23 shots. That’s not what we talked about. What’s up with that?”
Lil Archie: “I’ll try to do better next time Mr. Langford!”

If Tim called Painter and offered up Romeo, CMP would take him in a second. The fan base would roll out the red carpets.

I'm a part of "the fan base".

And, uh, no.

No red carpet.

I've never seen a "red carpet" rolled out for ANY Purdue recruits.

Now. Painter? Unless you know him, have spoken with him, I'm skeptical.

A highly talented player? No doubt.

But . . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Painter just got the program back on track after recruiting players that don't fit.

Is Romeo a "fit"?

Don't know.

But . . . I'm . . . skeptical.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
He would help with future high profile recruits. The fan base would really be more than excited next year. It would be great for Purdue to land a recruit of this caliber. Imagine the positive press the basketball team would receive.

He would help with future high profile recruits. The fan base would really be more than excited next year. It would be great for Purdue to land a recruit of this caliber. Imagine the positive press the basketball team would receive.
To a degree, you are correct about the positives of landing a high level recruit. ... just not this recruit, from what I’ve read about him.

By the way, where are all those positives that came from our high level recruit 2 years ago?

Reactions: Heller and Purdue85

Maybe. I'll grant you that.

Imagine the negative press Dad would bring.

Hovering.

Lecturing Painter.

In the press?

Yea, we don't need one of the best basketball players to ever come out of the state.
LOL! I don’t think Romeo qualifies as “one of the best basketball players to ever come out of the state”. Thanks for the chuckle. He is a good player, but, come on now. I bet you could name a good 20 players from Indiana that were better.

LOL! I don’t think Romeo qualifies as “one of the best basketball players to ever come out of the state”. Thanks for the chuckle. He is a good player, but, come on now. I bet you could name a good 20 players from Indiana that were better.
How about you name 20? I'll wait.

The Stye "braintrust" reports that he will be a national POY candidate, lock for B1G POY, national scoring leader and put IU in the FF WHEN he committs.

How about you name 20? I'll wait.
I will start the list with the top ten I can remember. I don’t claim to be any sort of sports expert, so forgive me if I miss some really good players. I am sure others will chip in as needed. Oscar, Glenn, Larry, Shawn, Greg Oden, John Wooden, Kent B., Calvert, Rick M, Brad Miller, Scott Skiles.

Let’s see. Is there not this same storie about a QB a few years back? Well about 30 years back. Dad could not get out of the way, kid went down in flames. Langford is not Jordan. As far as well all know he may never play in the NBA.

I will start the list with the top ten I can remember. I don’t claim to be any sort of sports expert, so forgive me if I miss some really good players. I am sure others will chip in as needed. Oscar, Glenn, Larry, Shawn, Greg Oden, John Wooden, Kent B., Calvert, Rick M, Brad Miller, Scott Skiles.
I was only alive for Greg Oden in high school from your list, so I won't argue those. What I will argue is that if Romeo is in the top 20 Indiana high school basketball players all time, then he is definitely one of the best ever out of Indiana.

I also know for a fact that if Romeo were committed to Purdue, you would have absolutely no issue with his Dad calling out Cal. You have defended Purdue players' parents in the past that have called out coaches publicly.

Let’s see. Is there not this same storie about a QB a few years back? Well about 30 years back. Dad could not get out of the way, kid went down in flames. Langford is not Jordan. As far as well all know he may never play in the NBA.
Technically, it was Mom who ran onto the field when he got injured /.... but same basic foundation.

I was only alive for Greg Oden in high school from your list, so I won't argue those. What I will argue is that if Romeo is in the top 20 Indiana high school basketball players all time, then he is definitely one of the best ever out of Indiana.

I also know for a fact that if Romeo were committed to Purdue, you would have absolutely no issue with his Dad calling out Cal. You have defended Purdue players' parents in the past that have called out coaches publicly.
I have been trying to figure you out. Was not sure if you were really young, an IU troll or just an idiot.

I am glad you are just young. Carry on.

Reactions: Purdue85

Funny. Wishes do come true

I actually agree with this, I can't stand when people make comments like, "he's the best player to ever come out of Indiana." It isn't fair to him in terms of expectations and really we have no idea how good he's going to be. Indiana as a state has had a lot of talent come out of it over the years and he has a lot to prove to even be in the discussion.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I actually agree with this, I can't stand when people make comments like, "he's the best player to ever come out of Indiana." It isn't fair to him in terms of expectations and really we have no idea how good he's going to be. Indiana as a state has had a lot of talent come out of it over the years and he has a lot to prove to even be in the discussion.
Think Troy Lewis. No one ever talks about him anymore. The best I ever saw play in HS. Granted I did not see a lot but he was a load.

Robertson
Bird
Kemp
Robinson
Skiles
Wooden
McGinnis
Lovelette
Benson
Alford
Cheaney
Mount
McCracken (gotta put him, regardless)
Fuzzy Vandevier (look him up!))
Damon Bailey
Stretch Murphy
Tom VanArsdale
Dick VanArsdale
Terrry Dishinger
Don Schlundt
Jimmy Rayl

Reactions: Fansince72
Robertson
Bird
Kemp
Robinson
Skiles
Wooden
McGinnis
Lovelette
Benson
Alford
Cheaney
Mount
Damon Bailey
Stretch Murphy
Tom VanArsdale
Dick VanArsdale
Terrry Dishinger
Don Schlundt
Jimmy Rayl
I forgot that Kemp was from Elkhart until I saw that the other day. I got some family up there in Goshen.

Robertson
Bird
Kemp
Robinson
Skiles
Wooden
McGinnis
Lovelette
Benson
Alford
Cheaney
Mount
Damon Bailey
Stretch Murphy
Tom VanArsdale
Dick VanArsdale
Terrry Dishinger
Don Schlundt
Jimmy Rayl
I was at the first game skiles played at PU. The crowed booed every time he touche the ball. I did not know the story but it was great. By the time the game was over I hated the guy. Group think at its best.

I was at the first game skiles played at PU. The crowed booed every time he touche the ball. I did not know the story but it was great. By the time the game was over I hated the guy. Group think at its best.
it was complicated ....

If you are somehow saying I am wishing Nojel would leave, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm sorry if it came off that way.
Didn’t say that you did but what did you mean defending players parents when they publicly called out coaches just curious what did that mean.

Bonzi Wells,
Brad Miller,
Greg Oden,
Kent Benson,
Kyle Macy,
Ron Bonham, (OH YEEAH!!!))
Junior Bridgeman
Louie Dampier
Steve Downing
Roy Tolbert
Eric Montross
Hallie Bryant (Globetrotters)