ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball this summer...

boilerman101

True Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
Looks like all returning players are healthy. Haven't heard of any sprains or surgeries. Freshmen should start arriving June 1. No overseas trip this year.
So, they should all have a long summer to fit the new pieces in. Feels good to know who we have, while IU is still portal diving for 5-6 more mercenaries.
Assume, Benter will play in KY-IN All-Star games &
Jr-Sr. I bet Bidunga will be Mr. Basketball and Bill Self won't want him to play. Jr-Sr game on 6/5 at
Kokomo. IN-KY on 6/7 at Lex, KY, 6/8 in Indy (Gainbridge).
Last year, 1st Purdue practice was 9/26.

So, 18 teams coming in 2024. That's 4 more teams Purdue can lay waste to. Haven't heard who we might play in a charity ex game yet, in Oct. Last year,
Ark was announced 7/26. The schedule has Arizona and the San Diego Tournament, so far. If they keep B1G at 20 games, play 14 teams once home
or way, and 3 teams twice (I assume.) Yuck! B1G Tournament, I believe will keep the same format of 14 in, but bottom 4 are SOL.
Last year, non-conference schedule was announced 6/23. Full schedule was released 9/20.

The NBA, good luck Zach. New rule this year, any player invited to the combine must attend and participate, or will not be eligible to be drafted in the
current draft. Will have to wait for a subsequent daft. New draft format. Instead of all on one night, 1st Rd will be on 6/26 & 2nd Rd on 6/27. If a player wants to
stay in collage, must remove name by 5/29 midnight. List of early entrants. Don't see Ware in there, yet.

The spring transfer portal opened 3/18 and will close 5/1. Won't be able to enter, but can be selected.

If I've misspoken, feel free to tan my arse.

Don't forget, on Sat 4/13:
Bruno's Memorabilia Sale #2 8am-1pm, at Bruno's
Boiler Spring Game 12pm-2pm at Ross-Ade, and on BTN
Boiler Up!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT