ADVERTISEMENT

Some disgusting human beings out there

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Of course we all know that but this is Purdue basketball related.

Carson Barrett tore his meniscus earlier this year. The injury required surgery, but this is the last run for the Purdue senior. Though he’s never seen a whole lot of playing time in his career, he wanted to at least have a shot at getting on the court this season. So Barrett delayed the repair work, gladly taking the exchange of some pretty painful nights with a throbbing knee in favor of even a few minutes of hooping.

This season he’s played a grand total of 21 minutes and scored six points. Three of them came in the NCAA Tournament. With 37 seconds left in a game long decided, Barrett drained a baseline 3 against Grambling State, putting himself in the box score of Purdue’s first-round victory. As the ball swished through the net, the bench erupted, Barrett’s teammates knowing full well what he’d sacrificed and endured. His bucket would be the last for the Boilermakers as Purdue cruised to a 78-50 win. Back in the locker room, Barrett picked up his phone and scrolled through the congratulatory texts from friends and started to search through his DMs on social media.

He stumbled on this:

You sure are a son of a b—.
Hope you enjoy selling cars for the rest of your life.

Followed by:

I hope you f-ing die.

And then the kicker:

Kill yourself for taking that 3 you f-ing worthless loser. Slit your f-ing throat you f-ing f– that was completely uncalled for. I hope you f-ing kill yourself.

The Boilermakers were 27-point favorites against Grambling. Barrett’s bucket meant they won by 28. “I had no idea what the line was,” Barrett said. “I’m just out there, making memories with my friends.”

People have suggested, not necessarily politely, that Edey send a Venmo for the money he cost them because of his failure to reach whatever threshold Vegas had set for his individual numbers. “People have been hating on me since my sophomore year. What do I care if Billy who put 30 bucks on the game is mad at me?”

I know Chi-Boiler may have a different take, but I would be really ok if they did away with prop bets in college.
True, and I operate in a state that doesn't allow them for state schools. Or live bets, which really confused people Saturday when they wanted to bet UConn in the 2nd half.

Of course, I also wasn't happy when Barrett made the 3, but I'm not losing my shit about it.

My guess is next year they’ll be gone on the collegiate level.
The big thing right now is an NBA issue actually. Jontay Porter of the Raptors played very few minutes in 2 games recently where there was heavy action on his UNDERS on DraftKings. An eye injury in one and an illness in the other.

As much as this is my livelihood, I'm not blind to the fact that it's a problem.

The big thing right now is an NBA issue actually. Jontay Porter of the Raptors played very few minutes in 2 games recently where there was heavy action on his UNDERS on DraftKings. An eye injury in one and an illness in the other.

As much as this is my livelihood, I'm not blind to the fact that it's a problem.

What’s your take on ohtani?

Porters was weird, surprised that his numbers were even posted. Easy to catch those though, players playing unders at big numbers will bring some red flags.

I'd pay money to make the keyboard cowboy say it to Zach, or even Barrett's face. Now THAT would put an end to it.
My guess is more were happy over Purdue covering against Grambling than not, Barrett probably had tons of fans yelling shoot which he did.

Clearly more to the story. Can't really believe what we have been told.
I played Mason over 12.5 Points/Rebounds/assists so far verse NC State, that seemed a little low. I play them for $20, nothing that’s going to make a difference in my life either way. I think Mason gets open looks on Saturday and maybe scores 8-10 points, he’s usually good for 4-6 boards and 3-4 assists it seems.

Had a friend parlay over on Edey points and Edey rebounds on Sunday. Put a grand on it at roughly +150. Nearly hit it by halftime. He's not a Purdue fan and would've been upset to lose it but no way he'd have messaged the player if he lost it.

It would probably be funny to hear about how much the loser that sent that message lost to prompt him to send that. I'm thinking he got that upset over $100 or less.

I played Mason over 12.5 Points/Rebounds/assists so far verse NC State, that seemed a little low. I play them for $20, nothing that’s going to make a difference in my life either way. I think Mason gets open looks on Saturday and maybe scores 8-10 points, he’s usually good for 4-6 boards and 3-4 assists it seems.
got a feeling that Mason is going to have a nice game too

Of course we all know that but this is Purdue basketball related.

Carson Barrett tore his meniscus earlier this year. The injury required surgery, but this is the last run for the Purdue senior. Though he’s never seen a whole lot of playing time in his career, he wanted to at least have a shot at getting on the court this season. So Barrett delayed the repair work, gladly taking the exchange of some pretty painful nights with a throbbing knee in favor of even a few minutes of hooping.

This season he’s played a grand total of 21 minutes and scored six points. Three of them came in the NCAA Tournament. With 37 seconds left in a game long decided, Barrett drained a baseline 3 against Grambling State, putting himself in the box score of Purdue’s first-round victory. As the ball swished through the net, the bench erupted, Barrett’s teammates knowing full well what he’d sacrificed and endured. His bucket would be the last for the Boilermakers as Purdue cruised to a 78-50 win. Back in the locker room, Barrett picked up his phone and scrolled through the congratulatory texts from friends and started to search through his DMs on social media.

He stumbled on this:

You sure are a son of a b—.
Hope you enjoy selling cars for the rest of your life.

Followed by:

I hope you f-ing die.

And then the kicker:

Kill yourself for taking that 3 you f-ing worthless loser. Slit your f-ing throat you f-ing f– that was completely uncalled for. I hope you f-ing kill yourself.

The Boilermakers were 27-point favorites against Grambling. Barrett’s bucket meant they won by 28. “I had no idea what the line was,” Barrett said. “I’m just out there, making memories with my friends.”

People have suggested, not necessarily politely, that Edey send a Venmo for the money he cost them because of his failure to reach whatever threshold Vegas had set for his individual numbers. “People have been hating on me since my sophomore year. What do I care if Billy who put 30 bucks on the game is mad at me?”
unbelievable the times we live in. God help us all. LOL *(Sarcastic laugh)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT