ADVERTISEMENT

OT: George Floyd

Actually Minnesota governor just said somewhat similar stuff to what Tucker was saying during his late night presser. Now governor didn't go as far as saying they want to overthrow government.....but there is a lot more going on here than just protest over Floyd's death.
Paid anarchists. Intent on destroying American society as it's known and my guess paid for by Soros or other organizations.

Reactions: atlboiler2156
Actually Minnesota governor just said somewhat similar stuff to what Tucker was saying during his late night presser. Now governor didn't go as far as saying they want to overthrow government.....but there is a lot more going on here than just protest over Floyd's death.
Nah, don’t listen to governors and just shame Fox and its viewers. If you have any questions, ask mEdIa MaTtErS and their mindless followers.

Pretty simple: a lot of people believe the act was not rooted in racism at all. Thus, they get to continue feeling good about themselves and society because this was just a bad apple cop that made a bad mistake and killed a guy, not an intrinsically racist cop working for an organization that teaches them to fear and use excessive force on black suspects and black suspects alone. Once you’re comfortable with that level of cognitive dissonance, you can see yet another black man get murdered by police and believe race has nothing to do with it.
WOW!

This is what y’all like about this man? Ginning up his base for a potentially violent confrontation in front of the White House? This is the president, ladies and gentlemen, and plenty of people on here just sprouted little tents in their pants that he said this.

Pretty simple: a lot of people believe the act was not rooted in racism at all. Thus, they get to continue feeling good about themselves and society because this was just a bad apple cop that made a bad mistake and killed a guy, not an intrinsically racist cop working for an organization that teaches them to fear and use excessive force on black suspects and black suspects alone. Once you’re comfortable with that level of cognitive dissonance, you can see yet another black man get murdered by police and believe race has nothing to do with it.
lol what an insincere bag of lies. US cops are violent across the board. making this a race issue will guarantee it never is addressed.

Honestly, do you believe the cop intended to kill Floyd? I'm sure he got up that morning and told his wife that he was going to murder some poor black guy that day. Did the guy die at the hands of the cop...yep. Did the cop screw up...yep. Should the cop lose his job....based on his record of events in his time on the job...yep. In no way am I defending his actions.
I don't think that pre meditated murder is the only expression of racism, although it could be. Racism is treating another race as subordinate to your own. So racism could have driven the cop to use excessive force with Mr. Floyd. It could have also driven the cop to not respond to his cries for help when he couldn't breathe. Both of those actions ultimately led to the death of George Floyd, as the result of racist behavior, but also wasn't the result of pre meditated murder.

What the cop did was wrong...that is clear and everyone agrees that it was wrong. I am not in the camp that believes that this cops behavior is representative of the 800k cops in America, or the 198Mn white people in this country.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Isn't it possible to agree that the act was rooted in racism without categorically accusing an entire profession or group of people as being racist? I'm not so sure that people deny racism exists, or deny acts which are rooted in racism, so that they can "feel better about themselves". I do think people get tired of being labeled a racist because someone else of their race or profession acted out of racism.
Sure, that is possible. It’s just not what you asked. It could be a lone bad apple acting based on race. But my opinion is that these officers saw Floyd as something less than human because he was a black man. The complete disregard for human life doesn’t just happen without cause.

lol what an insincere bag of lies. US cops are violent across the board. making this a race issue will guarantee it never is addressed.

“Lies”? Really? You disagree that it is rooted in racism, but there isn’t a “lie” in there.

I know I’m hitting around the target with the responses I’m getting from the usual crowd. Not much you guys can say because deep down in the parts of you that are reasonable and decent, you know that cop was kneeling on the neck of something he thought wasn’t a human being.

Losers make up complete lies about what people said on message boards. Have been here since 2013 and never once have threatened anybody but for whatever reason, you keep telling people that I did when I didn’t, teach. Get a grip. And for an English teacher, you sure don’t read or comprehend well at all.

You threatened to make trouble for me in my private life. You totally crossed the line. Oh well. I’m over it.

You certainly are sensitive for someone who insults people so much. I think you are a very insecure person. Thanks for the feedback!

You think black cops are less violent to black suspects?

Nah, don’t listen to governors and just shame Fox and its viewers. If you have any questions, ask mEdIa MaTtErS and their mindless followers.
Don't agree with all of Tuckers political views, but he is one of the smarter opinion journalists out there. He is often ahead of the story. This is yet another example of that.

CNN is finally catching up to Tucker's reporting on this story today. Hopefully the poster that posted Tucker's quote is getting educated today as well.

Little buddy? Not quite. Keep refreshing Twitter on your Friday night waiting for mEdIa MaTtErS to keep you up to speed on what big and bad Fox News is saying. So good.

I really hope you were drunk last night versus just having nothing better to do than make machine-gun posts defending the indefensible regarding the Fox News entertainment channel. Otherwise it just looks like you've bought their package hook, line, and sinker, which only calls for derision.

Don't agree with all of Tuckers political views, but he is one of the smarter opinion journalists out there. He is often ahead of the story. This is yet another example of that.

CNN is finally catching up to Tucker's reporting on this story today. Hopefully the poster that posted Tucker's quote is getting educated today as well.
Tucker certainly isn’t perfect by any stretch but I appreciate his different viewpoints and the questions he asks. He stays curious and I appreciate that as a consumer of his show.

Hope so. mEdIa MaTtErS is such a joke of an organization run by a proven bigot. They exist to destroy conservative voices. Truly disgusting.

I really hope you were drunk last night versus just having nothing better to do than make machine-gun posts defending the indefensible regarding the Fox News entertainment channel. Otherwise it just looks like you've bought their package hook, line, and sinker, which only calls for derision.
Bought their package? Was part of that package being on the right side of a three year long tale that every other Democrat Party media conglomerate fell for? Fox is much more correct than any of the others, FYI. There’s also a reason they destroy the fake news folks on a nightly basis in ratings.

Sure, that is possible. It’s just not what you asked. It could be a lone bad apple acting based on race. But my opinion is that these officers saw Floyd as something less than human because he was a black man. The complete disregard for human life doesn’t just happen without cause.
It’s exactly what I asked. Systematic racism implies the predominant majority of a society or people group is racist. That is why I asked my initial question. How can society as a whole largely agree that this act was despicable while still having racist roots? Doesn’t add up.

I’m not disagreeing that this incident, and others like it, were racially charged. I am disagreeing that this officer and this incident is representative of the police force and White America as a whole.

this act was despicable while still having racist roots? Doesn’t add up.
I explained that. A despicable act doesn't have to be racist. A racist act is always despicable. A segment of our population can agree this was atrocious without thinking it was rooted in racism.

Please provide the post where I did that. For the sixth time, I never threatened to make trouble in your private life. Stop saying that I did, please. It’s simply not true.

Never before yesterday and today have I been told I’m a pouter and cry baby on top of being insecure as well as sensitive. Thanks for the evaluation, teach!

What did you mean then? Please clarify.

“Lies”? Really? You disagree that it is rooted in racism, but there isn’t a “lie” in there.

I know I’m hitting around the target with the responses I’m getting from the usual crowd. Not much you guys can say because deep down in the parts of you that are reasonable and decent, you know that cop was kneeling on the neck of something he thought wasn’t a human being.
i disagree with your whole bs cognitive dissonance premise. if you believe your own bs then go riot. if you believe everyone is racist go burn it to the ground. if this man was killed only for his race then tell it on the mountain. if you don't you're a coward...or deep down you know your message board activism is a lie.

Provide the post with the “threat” and I’d be more than happy to clarify.

From what I recall, I asked you what school you taught at so I could let everybody I know to stay away from that school. Stay away. As in not come close to it. That’s what stay away means.

That’s not a threat to you or your personal life. At all. And I said that because you were just rambling on about nonsense. I expect more out of our educators but wasn’t too surprised given the current state of our education system.

Chances are I don’t know a soul who would live close to where you teach at anyway so it would be a moot point. Not at all a “veiled threat.” I would never threaten anybody on a message board so again, please stop getting it into people’s heads that I threatened you because I didn’t.

So you just want to ruin my reputation and get me fired? Please clarify....

Provide the post with the “threat” and I’d be more than happy to clarify.

From what I recall, I asked you what school you taught at so I could let everybody I know to stay away from that school. Stay away. As in not come close to it. That’s what stay away means.

That’s not a threat to you or your personal life. At all. And I said that because you were just rambling on about nonsense. I expect more out of our educators but wasn’t too surprised given the current state of our education system.

Chances are I don’t know a soul who would live close to where you teach at anyway so it would be a moot point. Not at all a “veiled threat.” I would never threaten anybody on a message board so again, please stop getting it into people’s heads that I threatened you because I didn’t.

Maybe you should tell us your place of business. What do you do? I’m curious? Please share.

i disagree with your whole bs cognitive dissonance premise. if you believe your own bs then go riot. if you believe everyone is racist go burn it to the ground. if this man was killed only for his race then tell it on the mountain. if you don't you're a coward...or deep down you know your message board activism is a lie.
OK, so if I don't drop everything, go participate in criminal rioting, leaving my wife and two children behind, then I am a "coward"? Unless I'm willing to go travel 3000 miles and go loot and riot, I should shut my mouth?

That was a really strong and angry reaction. You must really not want to talk about this for some reason.

Not at all. You’re a message board liberal in education. There’s no reason for me to want to ruin your reputation or get you fired. I’m sure you’re a decent human being like many on here are. What you were saying to me before I said that made little to no sense and it’s concerning when I see educators spouting off nonsense like you were. But I need to recalibrate my expectations of the current state of education because I know our system is in bad shape.

Condescending and insulting....
Yawn....

You got anything else?

Stop telling people that I threatened your personal life and showed interest in showing up at your place of business. You’re lying because I never did such a thing. This isn’t difficult.

“Does he threaten to come to any one else’s place of business?” Never did that. You’re lying. Stop lying.

Or what? Are you threatening me?

Supposedly, per CNN, the coroner said no suffocation/asphyxiation?
Don't know. I can't see from the video and photos how he would've suffocated. I think there's a pretty clear connection between the way he was handled and subdued and the end result. What that mechanism was, I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out.

I explained that. A despicable act doesn't have to be racist. A racist act is always despicable. A segment of our population can agree this was atrocious without thinking it was rooted in racism.
I’m still not sure how that proves systematic racism exists. The majority agrees that the act was racially charged and wrong.

Haha alright. Lie as much as you’d like about things I never said and take care. My gosh.

So you just wanted to slander me on the Internet using my place of business, but you probably didn’t know anyone form there anyway?

Weird story....

Don't know. I can't see from the video and photos how he would've suffocated. I think there's a pretty clear connection between the way he was handled and subdued and the end result. What that mechanism was, I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out.

The video is pretty clear. The reason he died was because a cop was kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes. End of story.

I’m still not sure how that proves systematic racism exists. The majority agrees that the act was racially charged and wrong.
Not saying it wasn't racially charged but how do you know for sure it was? How do we know he hasn't done this maneuver in similar situations with suspects of all races? Suspects that didn't end up having a heart attack.

Not saying it wasn't racially charged but how do you know for sure it was? How do we know he hasn't done this maneuver in similar situations with suspects of all races? Suspects that didn't end up having a heart attack.

If they are doing this routinely.... which I believe they are. We have a bigger problem. This is an improper technique which could cause the suspect harm. The knee might be fine before the cuffs are on. No reason afterwards.

I noticed all the cops are doing it.

Not always, and that points to systemic racism amongst police.

The alternative is that you think that all black suspects deserve to be treated more violently.
So should we have black cops police predominantly black areas, to at least remove the racism component from the equation?

If they are doing this routinely.... which I believe they are. We have a bigger problem. This is an improper technique which could cause the suspect harm. The knee might be fine before the cuffs are on. No reason afterwards.

I noticed all the cops are doing it.
That was the first thing I noticed when watching the video - the officer seemed very comfortable on top of Floyd. It definitely looked as though he had done this many times previously with no issues. Resisting Suspects routinely complain that they can't breathe when subdued. This might explain why he didn't take his knee off of Floyd when Floyd yelled for minutes that he couldn't breathe.

Never had a heart attack but is it harder to breathe when you're having one? Perhaps the heart attack started when the scuffle began and that was the true source of his difficulty in breathing.

I didn't say it proved systemic racism. What I said was that your statement doesn't somehow disprove systemic racism.

While the majority probably agrees it was racially motivated, the majority of this country skews "liberal" or "Democratic", too. That doesn't mean systemic racism doesn't exist, because when - say - 45% of the country thinks one way, that can still be systemic. If it were an 80 or 90% majority, then yeah.

But you see in this thread alone that while a "majority" agrees it was racially motivated, there's still a large minority that does not. In such a situation, you can have systemic racism, especially in areas where people of that mindset are largely in power.

The bottom line is, we've made progress since the 1800s and 1960s, but there are still elements of this society aligned to oppress. And in some cases, we're simply dealing with the repercussions of two centuries of oppression.

E.g. in some areas of the south where educational opportunities weren't equal for a century, we're only one generation removed from active educational oppression of poor black people. The children of those people who were going to school in substandard conditions are just now having their own children... and that affect is generational. That is not something that is fixed like flipping a light switch.

Well - we all thought he obviously died of suffocation.

Not necessarily. The windpipe is in the front. He had his knee on the back of his neck. One of his systems was going to fail with 200 lbs of pressure onnit for so long after he passed out.

Not necessarily. The windpipe is in the front. He had his knee on the back of his neck. One of his systems was going to fail with 200 lbs of pressure onnit for so long after he passed out.
Do you have experience with this or are you assuming?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT