ADVERTISEMENT

OT: George Floyd

What is your definition of “keeps happening?” How many black men have been wrongfully killed by cops in the last year? How many white men? Does it scare our athletes to travel into Indy, Atlanta, Chicago, or Detroit? How many black men are murdered in those cities every year?
I don’t have time to read through the methodology and have no idea what the backgrounds of these researchers are, but this is the second link that popped up when googling “police murders by race”.

www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Reactions: rasrar
What is your definition of “keeps happening?” How many black men have been wrongfully killed by cops in the last year? How many white men? Does it scare our athletes to travel into Indy, Atlanta, Chicago, or Detroit? How many black men are murdered in those cities every year?
Happens way more often then it should. You sound like you're trying to rationalize or downplay these events.

Don't need to do your research for you, but once too damn often. And it seems like these headlines are making national news every week.
“Once is too often.” Something people say when they can’t support their feelings with facts. Obviously, NOBODY wants ANYBODY murdered for no reason. The video is horrid! I can think of absolutely no good reason for the cop to do that to anybody. The cops should be punished as severely as possible. Why makes you think the man’s race played a role?

Reactions: ahhculdee
I don’t need to do the research. You guys do. That’s why you are misinformed. You don’t research.
Here's a link for you

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

And here's another

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed

Do you do your research, or do you not believe racism exists? Or that it is inconceivable a cop could have underlying racist thoughts?

And if you did research, had links, to prove your point, you should be shoving them in our faces, not asking us to research.

I don’t have time to read through the methodology and have no idea what the backgrounds of these researchers are, but this is the second link that popped up when googling “police murders by race”.

www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

There is a big difference between being killed by Police, as indicated in the chart (as a % of population) and being murdered by Police.
IMO Floyd was murdered.
There is more gong on here, than for a bunch of rouge Police Officers to be the sole cause, for such a discrepancy in deaths, by race.

Reactions: Purdue97
Thanks for the preaching. I come to this board to get away from politics. Sorry. Take it somewhere else.
1) The fact that you view view African Americans being murdered for the color of their skin a "political issue" is part of the problem.

2) If you don't want to read about said topics on this board, don't click on it. It's really that simple.

Here's a link for you

And here's another

Do you do your research, or do you not believe racism exists? Or that it is inconceivable a cop could have underlying racist thoughts?

And if you did research, had links, to prove your point, you should be shoving them in our faces, not asking us to research.
Do you read your links? From 2013-2019 an unarmed white guy has pretty much the same chance of being killed by a cop as an unarmed black man. Black men are 1.3 times more likely. You’ll also notice that most of the places where these killings take place are in large cities. Most of these cities employ black people as a large portion of their police force. How many unarmed black people are killed by black cops? Are those black cops racists?
Does racism exist? Absolutely! Do some white cops kill black men because they’re racist? Probably. Are all white cops that kill black men racist? Absolutely not! Not everything is about race but politicians and the media want you to believe it is. And you fall for it. It’s sad. Your link said 109 unarmed black men were killed by cops in a year. 13 of those were deemed unwarranted. Let’s say the system is flawed and actually 30 of those were unjust. Over 300 black men have been killed in Chicago over the last year. Over 75% of them were killed by other black men. That’s one city! Why are you not posting about that? Instead, you want to promote a false narrative about racism that further divides our country. It’s disgusting.

There is a big difference between being killed by Police, as indicated in the chart (as a % of population) and being murdered by Police.
IMO Floyd was murdered.
There is more gong on here, than for a bunch of rouge Police Officers to be the sole cause, for such a discrepancy in deaths, by race.
Citizens of all colors are wrongfully killed by cops of all colors, every year. Derek Chauvin’s wingman is Asian and once punched a handcuffed suspect so hard he broke his teeth.

The cops that shot the Minnesota man on Facebook Live a couple years back were Latino and Asian, if memory serves.

It’s a police problem.

Reactions: ahhculdee
1) The fact that you view view African Americans being murdered for the color of their skin a "political issue" is part of the problem.

2) If you don't want to read about said topics on this board, don't click on it. It's really that simple.
1.) I think African Americans being murdered by police is horrific.

2.) I don’t want to go on a Purdue message board and talk about said issues. What’s the fvcking problem?

1.) I think African Americans being murdered by police is horrific.

2.) I don’t want to go on a Purdue message board and talk about said issues. What’s the fvcking problem?

Then don't click on the topic and don't partake in the discussion. Is it really that hard?

Reactions: atmafola
Then don't click on the topic and don't partake in the discussion. Is it really that hard?
Not when it’s posted to Knucklehead Central? The general discussion board is here for these types of discussions. I never visit it for that very reason. And the thread was promptly moved to the GD board.

Do you read your links? From 2013-2019 an unarmed white guy has pretty much the same chance of being killed by a cop as an unarmed black man. Black men are 1.3 times more likely. You’ll also notice that most of the places where these killings take place are in large cities. Most of these cities employ black people as a large portion of their police force. How many unarmed black people are killed by black cops? Are those black cops racists?
Does racism exist? Absolutely! Do some white cops kill black men because they’re racist? Probably. Are all white cops that kill black men racist? Absolutely not! Not everything is about race but politicians and the media want you to believe it is. And you fall for it. It’s sad. Your link said 109 unarmed black men were killed by cops in a year. 13 of those were deemed unwarranted. Let’s say the system is flawed and actually 30 of those were unjust. Over 300 black men have been killed in Chicago over the last year. Over 75% of them were killed by other black men. That’s one city! Why are you not posting about that? Instead, you want to promote a false narrative about racism that further divides our country. It’s disgusting.
Divide our country further, what the ****? We already are divided beyond repair. Honestly, this murder is the first time in a while the majority of people are on the same page. I am saying, yes there are bad racist cops and we should do something about it. I am not saying they are all racist, that's what you think I am saying. Racism is a deep rooted, systemic issue we have and trying to fight every possible act of racism with "not everyone's racist!" just pushes a further divide. But I'm done, I can already tell you're not gonna think any differently than I am. Also, since I'm pissed, you can shove your whataboutism up your ass. Arguing by one issue by bringing up another issue does nothing to further your point.

I'm sure you both think you do. You'll be a whole lot happier when you ultimately come to the realization that you're the smartest guys on the planet. It's gotta be frustrating as hell when there is literally nobody who can match your intellect and insights.
I specifically said, "It's anyone's guess." And it is. Why you think it's appropriate to try to change the subject is unknown to me, but all you did there was try to distract away from a disturbing discussion.

Reactions: Biggie357
Not when it’s posted to Knucklehead Central? The general discussion board is here for these types of discussions. I never visit it for that very reason. And the thread was promptly moved to the GD board.
Even if it's on Knucklehead Central, you still don't have to click on it. The topic was correctly labeled "OT".

As far as it being moved to General Discussion, I am bringing that up with @Brian_GoldandBlack.com.

If the re-opening of California topic and the surge in the stock market topic are both allowed on Knucklehead Central and are both marked OT... why does this get moved?

Here's a link for you

And here's another

Nathan - why do you think the media never has wall to wall coverage of whites getting killed by police?

Nathan - why do you think the media never has wall to wall coverage of whites getting killed by police?
Probably because in instances like George Floyd, the outcry comes first from social media. Take the Ahmaud Arbery case, no one even knew it happened til months later when the video dropped and Twitter blew up. I know you're going for the "to divide us further" answer, but the media is only reporting on what has already blown up.

We have a lot of young black athletes at Purdue that have to worry about this happening to them. Like Hodges said if you don’t see this as a problem you are part of the problem.

What about a cop and a criminal has anything to do with this Purdue sports message board. If you can get beyond your emotions and pull your head out your rear end you will realize Hodges comment has nothing to do with my post. Take your banter and comments to Facebook or Twitter.

Probably because in instances like George Floyd, the outcry comes first from social media. Take the Ahmaud Arbery case, no one even knew it happened til months later when the video dropped and Twitter blew up. I know you're going for the "to divide us further" answer, but the media is only reporting on what has already blown up.
An outsider looking at the number of people killed by police and their race would probably not come to the conclusion that this country is being policed by a bunch of racist cops looking to kill black people.

An outsider looking at the number of people killed by police and their race would probably not come to the conclusion that this country is being policed by a bunch of racist cops looking to kill black people.
Not saying that's the issue. The issue at hand is there are racist people becoming cops, getting into these situations, and causing harm. That is an issue in itself that needs to be addressed and stopped, along with BoB crime, unjust killing of white people etc. There are a million things wrong in the world, nothing wrong with picking on issue, and trying to fix it.

The issue at hand is there are racist people becoming cops, getting into these situations, and causing harm.
How have you arrived at this conclusion? I ask because the data would not lead one to this. Is it because you're being influenced by what the media is reporting (never showing whites being killed by police)? Or something else?

How have you arrived at this conclusion? I ask because the data would not lead one to this. Is it because you're being influenced by what the media is reporting (never showing whites being killed by police)? Or something else?
So you're saying that there are no racist cops, they aren't killing defenseless black people, and that isn't an issue worth fighting? If you can watch the videos and come to that conclusion, then I don't know what to say. Shove your data up your ass, these instances occur, maybe not as often as other crimes or issues, so what? It happens and needs to be stopped.

Reactions: Biggie357
This was no mistake. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision, it wasn't a tactical miscalculation. Don't be ridiculous! I don't think "Let me kill a black man" was what was on his mind. Rather, it was his inability to see the person he is dealing with as a human-being like himself and his being so caught up on "I am going to maintain control at all cost and no damn crowd is going to tell me what to do." The decision to continue to knee on the guy's neck was an ego driven decision by a callous violent guy who had long been conditioned to dehumanize certain others so much so that he fails a basic test of being humane when it mattered the most. This was not a mistake. It wasn't a training failure. It sure is a hiring failure. It is an accountability failure. And yes this is murder.

The profession itself inherently attracts a certain extreme personality type (egotistical authoritarian who are prone to violence) which unfortunately are the folks least suited for doing the job. Amongst other things, long term solutions to improving policing will have to include how to make the job and culture less attractive to such folks and quickly transition the ones that slip through out.
Why don't you go do the job instead of whining about how it's done. I'd love to see you in a situation where you had to control it.

So you're saying that there are no racist cops, they aren't killing defenseless black people, and that isn't an issue worth fighting? If you can watch the videos and come to that conclusion, then I don't know what to say. Shove your data up your ass, these instances occur, maybe not as often as other crimes or issues, so what? It happens and needs to be stopped.
Hey Nate....how about your angst over others than black being killed. Guess what....those instances occur too.

Shove the data up your ass? Well that's a very mature and well reasoned way to deal with the issue. Intelligent people look to data and facts to help solve issues. I guess we know what that means about you.

To determine if a policeman is racist you would have to know what's in their heart. Again, almost double the amount of whites are killed by police than blacks so shouldn't the "issue" worth fighting for be ALL police killings? Why just focus on black deaths when way more whites are being killed? Or is this just more data/facts that you want to dismiss because you've already made up your mind based on the media's narrative?

A black man stands 2.5 times more chance of being killed by police during an interaction than a white man. A black man stands a 0.1% chance of being killed by a police officer during an interaction. That seems pretty damn high for a civilized country.

Link was provided already in this thread, before you ask.

Siri, what is the definition of a liberal dumbass?
Live look at crazy PF1 screaming about race yet again.
giphy.gif

Reactions: B-Westy
A black man stands 2.5 times more chance of being killed by police during an interaction than a white man. A black man stands a 0.1% chance of being killed by a police officer during an interaction. That seems pretty damn high for a civilized country.

Stats also show blacks are far more likely to commit a violent crime. That goes hand in hand with what you just said.

Reactions: Purdue97

Regardless of race being confrontational has got to be a big factor on getting killed.

The police officer is obviously in the wrong. However, the rioters are also in the wrong. So many people that don't understand that violence doesn't solve violence. Marxists encouraging violence because that's what they want.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT