ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Wilkes

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Another kid to keep your eyes on is Kris Wilkes. He is in the 2017 class. He is out of North Central in Indianapolis. He is a five star, 6-6 180 pounds. Purdue is interested in him. I believe he said that he is interested in studying engineering so that is a bonus for Purdue. Wouldn't mind us getting him.

Another kid to keep your eyes on is Kris Wilkes. He is in the 2017 class. He is out of North Central in Indianapolis. He is a five star, 6-6 180 pounds. Purdue is interested in him. I believe he said that he is interested in studying engineering so that is a bonus for Purdue. Wouldn't mind us getting him.

2017 needs to be a monster class for Purdue. Got to parlay the on court success you know is coming into a great class. 16 = pg.

6'6 and 180. I can't believe how skinny he would be. Let's have a big year and keep recruiting on an upward trend

He is very skinny, but he has 2 more years of high school. If I had a guess he a huge growth spurt and his weight hasn't caughtup. Kid looks very good though. Indiana has some studs coming up in the next few years, painters must take advantage! Too much talent to get nothing.

Agreed, lots of really good talent in Indiana coming up the ranks.
This year's success is very critical. Painter has a chance to really get something going with the past couple classes but needs to continue landing guys that can contribute

2017 will be our year for recruiting. These are the prospects that will see AJ and possibly Caleb go onto the pro ranks. The 2016 class will most likely be set before the ending of this next season. So after a great season next year it will help the 2017 class more than the 2016.

2017 will be our year for recruiting. These are the prospects that will see AJ and possibly Caleb go onto the pro ranks. The 2016 class will most likely be set before the ending of this next season. So after a great season next year it will help the 2017 class more than the 2016.

I agree. We should have a great season this upcoming year and 2017 recruits will see that and see our potential of players going pro. Hopefully this will help land some of the Indiana talent that will be available.

FYI 2017 class Kris Wilkes,is not that then he is 6'8 190 lbs, starting off his junior year at North Central

While I would consider that thin, I'm not sure it's notable. Hummel and Martin came in at 6'8", 200, and JJ was listed at 6'10", 195.

Wilkes has 2 years of HS left, weight means very little right now. For his age, Wilkes is a top 15 talent in his class. Needs to work on a lot of things before college play, but right now, he is real good. Would still take Paul Scruggs over Wilkes, but that isn't going to happen.

Kris Wilkes
Jeremiah Tilmon
Malik Williams
Nojel Eastern
Jarren Jackson Jr
Xavier Tillman

Purdue should focus a lot of time on those 6 players. Get any of them and things are looking really good.

Talent and the right guys for the Purdue system often meshes, but in a few cases does not. The 2012 espn top 100 class had a record 11 Indiana guys in it. 4 would not have been great for Purdue and we got one of them in Ronnie Johnson (I would put Rivera, Hollowell and Perra in that group as well). Of the guys we got some of those guys meshed with our system are a big part of Purdue resurgence & where we are where we are now (Hammons & Davis). Painter needs to spend time with these 2017 guys & their families & use his maturity, increase in recruiting experience & what by then could be great on court results to land the Hammons/Davis's types and pass on the selfish and immature types as it will be a big class for Purdue going forward.

Talent and the right guys for the Purdue system often meshes, but in a few cases does not. The 2012 espn top 100 class had a record 11 Indiana guys in it. 4 would not have been great for Purdue and we got one of them in Ronnie Johnson (I would put Rivera, Hollowell and Perra in that group as well). Of the guys we got some of those guys meshed with our system are a big part of Purdue resurgence & where we are where we are now (Hammons & Davis). Painter needs to spend time with these 2017 guys & their families & use his maturity, increase in recruiting experience & what by then could be great on court results to land the Hammons/Davis's types and pass on the selfish and immature types as it will be a big class for Purdue going forward.

Hollowell and Perea weren't going to work well in anyone's system. Just not that great. DSR hated the Johnson Bros so that was never going to happen. RJ started off fine until daddy dearest came back into the picture.

I think the 2012 class was a great class, just had some unforseen mishaps.

I know Wilkes, JJJ, and Williams are Purdue type guys. Haven't seen or heard much from the others so can't speak to it.

Hollowell and Perea weren't going to work well in anyone's system. Just not that great. DSR hated the Johnson Bros so that was never going to happen. RJ started off fine until daddy dearest came back into the picture.

I think the 2012 class was a great class, just had some unforseen mishaps.

I know Wilkes, JJJ, and Williams are Purdue type guys. Haven't seen or heard much from the others so can't speak to it.
Didn't the Johnsons and Smith-Rivera play together in High School?

Not sure about Wilkes but absolutely with Williams.

Right now Wilkes has a lot of top schools looking at him so it may be hard to get him? I am hoping Purdue has a great upcoming season and catches the attention of these local recruits. Obviously Purdue has some ties to Fort Wayne so this should help too.

Didn't the Johnsons and Smith-Rivera play together in High School?

DSR played with the Johnsons and was a bit overshadowed by them. He thought he was better, which he was, they did not agree, and were wrong. He then transfered to Oak Hill and did very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT